• 410(current)
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows
(2018-04-23, 19:37)Warner306 Wrote:
(2018-04-23, 06:11)ausvette Wrote: But for whatever reason it seems for me creating a playercorefactory.xml file, results in the new player being the new default player. Instead of being used when the rules match.

Any further suggestions?

Thanks!
This might be something that wasn't tested by aracnoz. I can also launch external players using Play using but I've never tried any rules. MPC-HC is not the default player despite the presence of a playercorefactory.xml.

The only other explanation is your files are not named correctly. Try creating a rule for file types and see if DSPlayer honours that. You need to determine if the filename rule is the issue or if rules in general are ignored. Remove the rule and see if MPC is launched automatically. It's too hard to tell what's wrong with what you've provided. 
I've also tried as simple filetype rule :<rule filetypes="iso" player="mpc">

again this resulted in everything including mkvs being played back via mpc-be

my batch file is:

Set file=%1
"C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\3D Vision\nvstlink.exe" /enable
timeout /t 3
"C:\Program Files\MPC-BE x64\mpc-be64.exe" /fullscreen /close %1
"C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\3D Vision\nvstlink.exe" /disable

Certainly it seems to me my problem is with the rules not being obeyed, not with mpc-be or the batch file as mpc-be works fine for me. Launches, plays the video, closes and kodi interface resumes.

My problem seems to be that whatever rule I put in the playercorefactory.xml file results in mpc-be being launched for all files, whether they match the rule or not.

Maybe I should try a different installation. I'm running kodi-17.5-Krypton_DSPlayer-x64.exe

What release should work with dsplayer as main player and mpc-be for 3d?

I was told I need to run a 17.5 release for the aeon.madnox skin .

Thanks!
(2018-04-23, 18:00)fullsun Wrote:
(2018-04-23, 15:27)Memorado Wrote: Why is this happening? Why 800x600?

you need to use advanceguisettings.xml and put a another value to height and width (go check wiki).   
- Search on the forum did not shown any results on "advanceguisettings".
I found only topics on "advancedsettings".
Unfortunately, there is very little information on the Kodi interface resolution settings for this file.

I tried this advancedsettings:

<advancedsettings>
    <loglevel> 2 </ loglevel>
    <fullscreen> false </ fullscreen>
     <window>
      <width> 3840 </ width>
      <height> 2160 </ height>
    </ window>
</ advancedsettings>

But this absolutely did not affect anything, and did not fix the "800x600 HDR" problem.
Perhaps it just does not work.
(2018-04-23, 19:32)Warner306 Wrote:
(2018-04-23, 15:27)Memorado Wrote: Why is this happening? Why 800x600?
Why only with HDR, then everything else always work correctly?

The main thing is how to fix it?

I will be very grateful for the help and advice. 
 Did you try setting Kodi to use a fullscreen window rather than a true fullscreen? This usually fixes these problems.   
- Yes, I tried. It does not help.
The only change when "fullscreen windows" is on, and Kodi, after exiting the HDR
again downsizing to 800x600, the screen becomes not square, as before, but stretched.
Quote:My problem seems to be that whatever rule I put in the playercorefactory.xml file results in mpc-be being launched for all files, whether they match the rule or not.
 I repeat:
"Kodi don't change to videoplayer(internal) after launch a external player, it's a bug, not fix in v18"
Quote:But this absolutely did not affect anything, and did not fix the "800x600 HDR" problem.
and with that?
<videoscreen>
   <fakefullscreen default="true">true</fakefullscreen>
</videoscreen>
(2018-04-23, 23:43)Warner306 Wrote: I honestly don't know if anyone would be interested, but I added a section to the madVR set up manual titled A Technical Discussion on HDR Tone Mapping Methods.
Thanks for this, much appreciated.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
(2018-04-24, 08:31)fullsun Wrote:
Quote:My problem seems to be that whatever rule I put in the playercorefactory.xml file results in mpc-be being launched for all files, whether they match the rule or not.
 I repeat:
"Kodi don't change to videoplayer(internal) after launch a external player, it's a bug, not fix in v18"
Quote:But this absolutely did not affect anything, and did not fix the "800x600 HDR" problem.
and with that?
<videoscreen>
</videoscreen>  
- I tried this:

<advancedsettings>
   <loglevel> 2 </loglevel>
    <videoscreen>
   </videoscreen>
    <window>
      <width> 3840 </width>
      <height> 2160 </height>
   </window>
</advancedsettings>

Objectively, everything became worse.
Now HDR sometimes runs not on the full screen, but in a very small window, which is visible in the upper left corner of the screen.

In the usual version, this does not happen.
@ ausvette  try this:

<playercorefactory>
 <players>
<player name="MPC" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
       <filename>C:\Users\Dave\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\Play3D.bat</filename>
       <args>"{1}"</args>
       <hidekodi>true</hidekodi>
       <hideconsole>true</hideconsole>
       <forceontop>false</forceontop>
       <playcountminimumtime>1140</playcountminimumtime>
    </player>
    </players>
 <rules action="prepend">
   <rule filetypes="mkv" player="dsplayer">
   <rule filetypes="iso" player="MPC">
  <rule filename=".*3D.*" player="MPC"/>
   </rule>
 </rule>
 </rules>
</playercorefactory>

from what i can see in your other code you have forgot to add the DOT before the * doing this will pick up any wildcard filename with or without 3D.
the above code should force dsplayer to play all mkv files except ones that meet the criteria of 3D in their filename.
all files with the extension iso will be played with MPC.

btw. kodi-dsplayerx64 is a bit buggy. been there tried that.
@ausvette,

Try doing a portable installation of regular Kodi and importing your playercorefactory.xml. You can then rule out DSPlayer as the problem.

If your rules don't work and you want to use DSPlayer, you may have to delete the rule and launch your external player manually (Play using ->) for your 3D files. I have this working on my system, so it should be working on yours.

You can create a profile for your 3D files in madVR and launch your batch file from the profile group, as well. madVR does support batch files, so there may be no need to use MPC-BE to launch a batch file from a playercorefactory.xml.
@Memorado,

Did you check the GPU control panel when these resolution changes happen? Is the GPU changing resolution, or is Kodi changing the resolution? If it's the GPU, then it's not Kodi fault; it's the GPU driver. Did you try playing your 4K files with VideoPlayer to see if the result is the same?
(2018-04-24, 15:53)Bibio Wrote: @ ausvette  try this:

<playercorefactory>
 <players>
       <args>"{1}"</args>
    </player>
    </players>
 <rules action="prepend">
   </rule>
 </rule>
 </rules>
</playercorefactory>

from what i can see in your other code you have forgot to add the DOT before the * doing this will pick up any wildcard filename with or without 3D.
the above code should force dsplayer to play all mkv files except ones that meet the criteria of 3D in their filename.

Thanks Bibio.

I tried that.

Result was dsplayer was default player for all mkvs - whether they matched the rule or not.
Videoplayer was default for iso's
Mpc was listed as a player I could choose manually from the menu
(2018-04-24, 17:13)Warner306 Wrote: @ausvette,

Try doing a portable installation of regular Kodi and importing your playercorefactory.xml. You can then rule out DSPlayer as the problem.

If your rules don't work and you want to use DSPlayer, you may have to delete the rule and launch your external player manually (Play using ->) for your 3D files. I have this working on my system, so it should be working on yours.

You can create a profile for your 3D files in madVR and launch your batch file from the profile group, as well. madVR does support batch files, so there may be no need to use MPC-BE to launch a batch file from a playercorefactory.xml.
 Thanks!

I can choose MPC manually using the menu. Just annoying way - but is a soluton.

I tried using madvr before to launch the batch file and mpc-be locked up. But my batch file may not have been correct at that point so I could try that again.
(2018-04-25, 15:20)ausvette Wrote:
(2018-04-24, 15:53)Bibio Wrote: @ ausvette  try this:

<playercorefactory>
 <players>
       <args>"{1}"</args>
    </player>
    </players>
 <rules action="prepend">
   </rule>
 </rule>
 </rules>
</playercorefactory>

Thanks Bibio.

I tried that.

Result was dsplayer was default player for all mkvs - whether they matched the rule or not.
Videoplayer was default for iso's
Mpc was listed as a player I could choose manually from the menu 
 remove <rule filetypes="mkv" player="dsplayer"> from the code and try that. i put this in as a test... but it was worth trying just in case.
dsplayer is the default player in kodi-ds so should play all files except those in the code playercorefactory code rules.

also remove one of the </rule> at the end

pay close attention to <rule filename=".*3D.*" player="MPC"/> the filename rule must start with a DOT then *3D.*
if you dont add the DOT then kodi will play all finenames with mpc as you are starting with a * (wildcard) which is all your filenames.

your code should now be:

<playercorefactory>
 <players>
       <args>"{1}"</args>
    </player>
    </players>
 <rules action="prepend">
 </rule>
 </rules>
</playercorefactory>
I can't see why you can't use DSPlayer with a proper batch file in madVR. It should launch when the correct profile is chosen in madVR. This method has been tested by madVR users.
(2018-04-24, 17:15)Warner306 Wrote: @Memorado,

Did you check the GPU control panel when these resolution changes happen? Is the GPU changing resolution, or is Kodi changing the resolution? If it's the GPU, then it's not Kodi fault; it's the GPU driver. Did you try playing your 4K files with VideoPlayer to see if the result is the same?
 - Yes, I checked. This is definitely Kodi fault.
- If I run HDR-movie in "MPC-BE x64 + MadVR + LavFilters" alone, without Kodi, the "800x600 HDR" bug does not happen ever.
- When Kodi once again downsized the resolution to 800x600, if after that i close Kodi,
Win 10 automatically restores the resolution to 4K.
make sure you've got windowed mode set on in KODI DS and that you are running your KODI GUI in 2160p too.
  • 410(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows47