• 411(current)
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows
(2018-04-25, 16:36)Bibio Wrote:  remove <rule filetypes="mkv" player="dsplayer"> from the code and try that. i put this in as a test... but it was worth trying just in case.
dsplayer is the default player in kodi-ds so should play all files except those in the code playercorefactory code rules.

also remove one of the </rule> at the end

pay close attention to <rule filename=".*3D.*" player="MPC"/> the filename rule must start with a DOT then *3D.*
if you dont add the DOT then kodi will play all finenames with mpc as you are starting with a * (wildcard) which is all your filenames.

your code should now be:

<playercorefactory>
 <players>
<player name="MPC" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
       <filename>C:\Users\Dave\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\Play3D.bat</filename>
       <args>"{1}"</args>
       <hidekodi>true</hidekodi>
       <hideconsole>true</hideconsole>
       <forceontop>false</forceontop>
       <playcountminimumtime>1140</playcountminimumtime>
    </player>
    </players>
 <rules action="prepend">
   <rule filetypes="iso" player="MPC">
  <rule filename=".*3D.*" player="MPC"/>
 </rule>
 </rules>
</playercorefactory> 
Thanks so much for your help and persistence with this.

With this, kodi is playing everything with dsplayer except the iso files which are playing with mpc.

Nearly all my 3d movies are iso's so that's great progress.

My 3d mkv files are still playing with dsplayer. My filenames are of the form "movie title 3D.mkv" 

Do I need to rename these to "movie title.3D.mkv" to match the rule?

Thanks!
(2018-04-25, 17:11)Warner306 Wrote: I can't see why you can't use DSPlayer with a proper batch file in madVR. It should launch when the correct profile is chosen in madVR. This method has been tested by madVR users.
I'm new to kodi and dsplayer. I wasn't aware dsplayer can play 3d frame packed video. I'll certainly have a look at this with the view to simplifying my setup.

Thanks!
it will only be simple if you have an AMD card Smile, you'll need additional batch files and a bit of extra faffing to get it working with an NVIDIA card, and you'll have skipped frames every few minutes, this hasnt been solved yet.

If you have an AMD card though you're in luck, 3D setup is very simple, turn on FSE and 3D in MADVR and it should work, turn on KODI refresh rate switching though as MADVR has a bug coming out of 3D back to a 4k desktop where it can either crash your PC or you will just loose HDMI handshake.
(2018-04-26, 04:43)Memorado Wrote:
(2018-04-24, 17:15)Warner306 Wrote: @Memorado,

Did you check the GPU control panel when these resolution changes happen? Is the GPU changing resolution, or is Kodi changing the resolution? If it's the GPU, then it's not Kodi fault; it's the GPU driver. Did you try playing your 4K files with VideoPlayer to see if the result is the same?
 - Yes, I checked. This is definitely Kodi fault.
- If I run HDR-movie in "MPC-BE x64 + MadVR + LavFilters" alone, without Kodi, the "800x600 HDR" bug does not happen ever.
- When Kodi once again downsized the resolution to 800x600, if after that i close Kodi,
Win 10 automatically restores the resolution to 4K.  
Seems to be a problem with the way Kodi is using the GPU driver. Did you try Kodi's refresh rate switching instead of madVR?

This could very well be a DSPlayer issue, but you'd have to test with regular Kodi through a portable installation to confirm.
(2018-04-26, 16:08)ausvette Wrote:
(2018-04-25, 16:36)Bibio Wrote:  remove <rule filetypes="mkv" player="dsplayer"> from the code and try that. i put this in as a test... but it was worth trying just in case.
dsplayer is the default player in kodi-ds so should play all files except those in the code playercorefactory code rules.

also remove one of the </rule> at the end

pay close attention to <rule filename=".*3D.*" player="MPC"/> the filename rule must start with a DOT then *3D.*
if you dont add the DOT then kodi will play all finenames with mpc as you are starting with a * (wildcard) which is all your filenames.

your code should now be:

<playercorefactory>
 <players>
<player name="MPC" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
       <filename>C:\Users\Dave\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\Play3D.bat</filename>
       <args>"{1}"</args>
       <hidekodi>true</hidekodi>
       <hideconsole>true</hideconsole>
       <forceontop>false</forceontop>
       <playcountminimumtime>1140</playcountminimumtime>
    </player>
    </players>
 <rules action="prepend">
   <rule filetypes="iso" player="MPC">
  <rule filename=".*3D.*" player="MPC"/>
 </rule>
 </rules>
</playercorefactory> 
Thanks so much for your help and persistence with this.

With this, kodi is playing everything with dsplayer except the iso files which are playing with mpc.

Nearly all my 3d movies are iso's so that's great progress.

My 3d mkv files are still playing with dsplayer. My filenames are of the form "movie title 3D.mkv" 

Do I need to rename these to "movie title.3D.mkv" to match the rule?

Thanks!  
no dont add a DOT to your movie filenames. your not trying to match the filenames your making the code match the filenames.

the code ".*3D.*" is saying anything contained after the DOT is a wildcard but must match 3D as well, the .* at the end is saying match any wildcard e.g. mkv/iso/avi but must also include the filename with 3D as the whole quote is wrapped in an expression " ". if you dont add the DOT at the beginning then it will say match any name with or without 3D as a wildcard.

since all your "movie title 3D." are mkv then it will only pick up the .mkv
you could also try removing the last * (wildcard) and specify the extension e.g. ".*3D.mkv" this should force the extension.

try adding another </rule> above or below the one already at the bottom. if that dont work then remove the </rule> that is there and try again.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
BTW. if you added 3D to all the iso movie filenames then just having <rule filename=".*3D.*" player="MPC"/> is all you would need in the code as it would pick up any filename with 3D and any extension e.g. iso, mkv.
you would then delete <rule filetypes="iso" player="MPC"> from the code.
hi guys,

Any idea how to lower external subtitles brightness while watching hdr contents. bcs It doesn't matter what color you choose, the subtitles aren't just white, but blazingly bright white Cool while uhd-bluray's embedded subs look realy fine.
LG OLED65C8 / Denon AVR-X3200W / KEF E305+ONKYO SKH-410 / Synology DS2415+ / Logitech Harmony Companion / ZOTAC MAGNUS EN1060K (Kodi DSPlayer x64) / LightSpace HTL, DisplayCal, HCFR, Calman / i1D3 OEM Rev.B, i1PRO2 OEM Rev.E
Did you try Xy-VSFilter instead? You can add it as an extra filter in DSPlayer. 

This is probably a limitation of XySubFilter. HDR is new. Or, maybe it is intended?
I thought I'd post this here in case anyone is curious.

Image Comparison – Animated:
Original Image
NGU Sharp very high
NGU Sharp very high + RCA very high / strength:8

Zoom-in to see the changes more clearly. Even at strength:8, it doesn't seem to eat into the lines at all. very high quality is quite a bit better than high quality, so that is a factor.

Based on this experiment, I've been using RCA high quality with strength:8 for all profiles. RCA can be used for free with NGU Sharp when upscaling or with a separate profile for native sources. For high quality sources, it seems to remove noise without smoothing the image like reduce random noise. 

I'm not sure how image detail is affected, but the loss of image noise is welcome. It is more satisfying than debanding on low or reduce random noise. Still haven't use reduce ringing artifacts a lot.
I been having an issue with 17.6 Kodi + DSplayer distro for the past 4 months now

it keeps crashing every time I exit Kodi.  During startup I get an error message saying it can't update and has become unstable, this occurs also after a video playback is done

I have attached the crash dmp link and maybe if someone can help identify the root cause.  I have another Kodi + Dsplayer machine in another room and doesn't do that

Let me know if I need additional files for troubleshooting

DUMP:
https://expirebox.com/download/b36e931cf...dc2f7.html
I couldn't figure out how to read your dump file. A Kodi debug log would be more useful. It will show the source of these errors and report the reason Kodi can't close.

Do a portable installation on the same machine. It may be time to start from scratch with a new installation. Errors like these are usually caused by bad addons, but it could be something else. The portable installation will tell you if it's Windows, Kodi or the GPU driver.
(2018-04-28, 18:31)Warner306 Wrote: I thought I'd post this here in case anyone is curious.

Image Comparison – Animated:Original ImageNGU Sharp very highNGU Sharp very high + RCA very high / strength:8

Zoom-in to see the changes more clearly. Even at strength:8, it doesn't seem to eat into the lines at all. very high quality is quite a bit better than high quality, so that is a factor.

Based on this experiment, I've been using RCA high quality with strength:8 for all profiles. RCA can be used for free with NGU Sharp when upscaling or with a separate profile for native sources. For high quality sources, it seems to remove noise without smoothing the image like reduce random noise. For low quality sources, it removes artifacts except for blocking in full black scenes, where the artifacts are smoothed into a grey fog. 

I'm not sure how image detail is affected, but the loss of image noise is welcome. It is more satisfying than debanding on low or reduce random noise. Still haven't use reduce ringing artifacts a lot.
 thats a mighty difference :-)

i already have it on but never turned it up i'll give higher values a try later on. only thing i dont like about 4k is the bad quality of SD. its watchable but ermmm just.
yes i'm using xysubfilter also tried mpc with internal sub filter. so may be it's intended.
LG OLED65C8 / Denon AVR-X3200W / KEF E305+ONKYO SKH-410 / Synology DS2415+ / Logitech Harmony Companion / ZOTAC MAGNUS EN1060K (Kodi DSPlayer x64) / LightSpace HTL, DisplayCal, HCFR, Calman / i1D3 OEM Rev.B, i1PRO2 OEM Rev.E
I googled your issue and found this: http://forum.inmatrix.com/index.php?show...74&p=63357. It seems it is a limitation of how brightness is calculated in HDR movies.

I don't think there is anything aracnoz can do to DSPlayer on this end if he returns for the next update. It would have to be addressed in madVR or XySubFilter.
I quickly tested external player rules in a playercorefactory.xml and they all worked fine. It didn't matter what rules I used, they are worked as intended and MPC-HC was never forced as the default player. Don't know what's going on there...

I am also less impressed with reduce compression artifacts with actual content. Debanding at high (and a little at medium) is actually much better at removing the same artifacts. I guess I'll have to watch more content before deciding to continue with it.
i found last night that processing high RCA values turned the PQ very soft on live action SD (DVD) content. i drooped it down to 2 and added sharp 1.5 and thin 1 this gave more PQ texture.
i also only upscale SD content to 1080p.
  • 411(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows47