• 421(current)
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows
(2018-06-09, 19:11)Warner306 Wrote: I wonder if this will be coming to Kodi VideoPlayer Windows? It is the first time I've seen proper colour space handling in Kodi for all bit depths:

LibreELEC Test Build with Colour Space Options

The Y'CbCr options wouldn't be very useful for Windows. There doesn't appear to be a warning if LibreELEC is converting from RGB to Y'CbCr at output or operating in Y'CbCr if Y'CbCr is chosen. Windows would only be useful in RGB 8-bit or RGB 10-bit. And, I am assuming 8-bit sources would just be passed through, the same as 10-bit sources. Upconverting 8-bit to 10-bit with dithering doesn't seem likely, even if the floating point data is available to make this possible.
Why do you say that YCbCr is not useful for Windows?
I don't think those settings will come to Kodi because they are actually Amlogic specific settings.

NB: Prime notation usage should be consistent (all or none)  Smile
I am pretty sure you have to send RGB to the GPU in Windows. The notable thing in that screenshot is support for 10-bit output.
(2018-06-10, 00:45)Warner306 Wrote: I am pretty sure you have to send RGB to the GPU in Windows. The notable thing in that screenshot is support for 10-bit output.
That is correct. The settings that you see in that screenshot control the final output mode.
(2018-06-04, 16:14)Warner306 Wrote: With that GPU, I'd use the settings posted here: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2238974.
 Thanks for your reply. Apologies I haven't been online since I posted my message. I will try to use those settings but aren't those settings for the 1050ti and not 1080ti? Anything I can do to go above and beyond those settings that would provide the most crisp image but keep rendering times intact? Or is it a process of diminishing returns with MadVR and high quality GPUs? Appreciate the help @Warner306
The settings labelled "high" should work with a GTX 1080 Ti. The ones labelled "medium" will work with a GTX 1050 Ti. If they don't work, report back and I'll change them. Obviously, haven't had the chance to test myself.
(2018-06-11, 19:21)Warner306 Wrote: The settings labelled "high" should work with a GTX 1080 Ti. The ones labelled "medium" will work with a GTX 1050 Ti. If they don't work, report back and I'll change them. Obviously, haven't had the chance to test myself.
 Thanks I will test over the coming week and let you know. Smile
I had been using a different setting with madvr and um the ngu works very well. I was amazed with the outcome. The colors pop and the depth looks so much better with it. I mean I was like giddy excited with it, lol.
(2018-06-12, 23:23)toki5 Wrote: I had been using a different setting with madvr and um the ngu works very well. I was amazed with the outcome. The colors pop and the depth looks so much better with it. I mean I was like giddy excited with it, lol.
Good to know. If you can notice the difference, you are using the right player. Not everyone seems to pick out the differences.
Hallo

Are there already new information, if there will be a DSplayer version of kodi 18?
yeah, its due the same time as half life 3.
So I should rather teach myself programming, and try it myself  Angel
(2018-06-14, 00:41)mclingo Wrote: yeah, its due the same time as half life 3.
 I laughed
(2018-06-13, 23:52)rudizone Wrote: Hallo

Are there already new information, if there will be a DSplayer version of kodi 18?
 I imagine aracnoz is enjoying a beverage somewhere in sunny Italy. I also imagine he is still using DSPlayer himself. But he doesn't keep in contact with anyone, so there would never be any news on a new DSPlayer version. He won't do anything until there is a Beta, and maybe nothing at all, and even more likely, not until v18 Final. If you merge the DSPlayer GitHub to Kodi Master, you have to move some DSPlayer code around. If Team Kodi keeps editing the same file, you would be doing this over and over again. So you wait until everything is in the GitHub before attempting a merge, or you do your work twice.

It is also possible for someone here to complete a merge with the current DSPlayer code, provided they know how to deal with merge conflicts.
Hi, currently using 32 bit version of Kodi dsplayer. If I installed the 64 bit version would it retain all the settings from the 32 bit version, or would it be a completely separate, stand-alone installation?
The settings should carry over, but I've never tried it. Make a backup of your userdata and add-ons folders just in case.
  • 421(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows47