• 425(current)
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows
(2018-06-29, 18:01)Warner306 Wrote:
(2018-06-29, 10:16)entourage2111 Wrote:
(2018-06-29, 02:31)Warner306 Wrote:  I'm surprised it works at all. It shouldn't. CinemaVision isn't coded to work with DSPlayer. You have to set up a rule based on filenames and add a filename tag to each intro video (e.g. "Intro"). For the MPAA videos, you can change the file extension to something like .flv and create a rule to play .flv files with VideoPlayer. I've done this before with MPC. For the trailers, you would have to reroute Internet streams to VideoPlayer.

There are instructions found within this post: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid1843590
Thanks Warner. I renamed the extension of my intro video to "nkv" last night and then added nkv to the videoplayer merits section in dsplayer settings (Bare in mind, I just typed nkv not .nkv or "nkv"). It didn't work though, it just played it with DSplayer again which was not what I wanted.

I haven't tried adding those extension names to the playercorefactory.xml but will try that tonight. When you tried it, did you find the whole experience to be quite smooth or were intro videos/trailers not worth the hassle with DSPlayer?  
 You need to change the folder options in Windows to see file extensions. You don't see them by default. I don't think nkv is a valid file extension. Try .flv instead.

If VideoPlayer is playing everything, DSPlayer is really not involved. So it shouldn't be an issue. The movie trailers could be a problem if Internet streams are set to be played by DSPlayer. You would have to try.

Some people have had trouble getting DSPlayer to recognize rules using filenames, so hopefully it works for you. 
Thanks Warner. Did as you recommended and have got it working but not a smooth experience overall in that department. I see a pause buffer screen between the MPAA and the movie itself which doesn't look quite smooth so rather not use it. Is there a way to show just a black screen whilst we move from Audio clips > MPAA > movie?
(2018-06-30, 18:21)entourage2111 Wrote:
(2018-06-29, 18:01)Warner306 Wrote:
(2018-06-29, 10:16)entourage2111 Wrote: Thanks Warner. I renamed the extension of my intro video to "nkv" last night and then added nkv to the videoplayer merits section in dsplayer settings (Bare in mind, I just typed nkv not .nkv or "nkv"). It didn't work though, it just played it with DSplayer again which was not what I wanted.

I haven't tried adding those extension names to the playercorefactory.xml but will try that tonight. When you tried it, did you find the whole experience to be quite smooth or were intro videos/trailers not worth the hassle with DSPlayer?  
 You need to change the folder options in Windows to see file extensions. You don't see them by default. I don't think nkv is a valid file extension. Try .flv instead.

If VideoPlayer is playing everything, DSPlayer is really not involved. So it shouldn't be an issue. The movie trailers could be a problem if Internet streams are set to be played by DSPlayer. You would have to try.

Some people have had trouble getting DSPlayer to recognize rules using filenames, so hopefully it works for you.  
Thanks Warner. Did as you recommended and have got it working but not a smooth experience overall in that department. I see a pause buffer screen between the MPAA and the movie itself which doesn't look quite smooth so rather not use it. Is there a way to show just a black screen whilst we move from Audio clips > MPAA > movie? 
 The playercorefactory rules might be slowing things down. There isn't anything you can do about the transition to DSPlayer. It just isn't meant to be used with that add-on. I tried it once a while ago and gave up. It is a good add-on and I've collected all of the required intro videos, but it's not worth dumping DSPlayer just to use it.

I am assuming the experience should be smooth, as well, but maybe the add-on just sucks. Who knows.
(2018-07-01, 19:25)Warner306 Wrote:
(2018-06-30, 18:21)entourage2111 Wrote:
(2018-06-29, 18:01)Warner306 Wrote:  You need to change the folder options in Windows to see file extensions. You don't see them by default. I don't think nkv is a valid file extension. Try .flv instead.

The playercorefactory rules might be slowing things down. There isn't anything you can do about the transition to DSPlayer. It just isn't meant to be used with that add-on. I tried it once a while ago and gave up. It is a good add-on and I've collected all of the required intro videos, but it's not worth dumping DSPlayer just to use it.

I am assuming the experience should be smooth, as well, but maybe the add-on just sucks. Who knows. 

Thanks for your reply Warner. Yeah I thought the exact same thing. I've been playing with it, looks nice, but would never give up DSPlayer for it. Would be nice if they could get it working well together but till that happens, I give up on that add-on.

I have some more q's about DSPlayer as I dwell deeper into it's potential.

1) How do we take screenshots of MadVR within DSPlayer? The default way to press Print Screen doesn't seem to do it. I just get a black screen as the screenshot

2) If screenshot is not possible, is there anything I can do to hide the player bar when pauing a movie so when I take a picture for comparison, all I see is the movie paued with no kodi interface?

Thanks in advance
(2018-07-02, 10:14)entourage2111 Wrote:
(2018-07-01, 19:25)Warner306 Wrote:
(2018-06-30, 18:21)entourage2111 Wrote: Thanks Warner. Did as you recommended and have got it working but not a smooth experience overall in that department. I see a pause buffer screen between the MPAA and the movie itself which doesn't look quite smooth so rather not use it. Is there a way to show just a black screen whilst we move from Audio clips > MPAA > movie?  

Thanks for your reply Warner. Yeah I thought the exact same thing. I've been playing with it, looks nice, but would never give up DSPlayer for it. Would be nice if they could get it working well together but till that happens, I give up on that add-on.

I have some more q's about DSPlayer as I dwell deeper into it's potential.

1) How do we take screenshots of MadVR within DSPlayer? The default way to press Print Screen doesn't seem to do it. I just get a black screen as the screenshot

2) If screenshot is not possible, is there anything I can do to hide the player bar when pauing a movie so when I take a picture for comparison, all I see is the movie paued with no kodi interface?

Thanks in advance 
If you are using Launcher4Kodi, you have to choose the right shell. You can't use fullscreen exclusive mode, either. Then you can either use print screen or the screenshot function in madVR. You need the right skin to not have any of the Kodi interface showing. I don't know which skin to recommend. Using MPC-HC will also work.
This thread might be helpful if you are looking for screenshots: https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p...ost1840876.

It usually takes a good test image for screenshots to be useful.
(2018-07-02, 18:33)Warner306 Wrote: This thread might be helpful if you are looking for screenshots: https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p...ost1840876.

Thanks Warner, I am using Kodi Launcher. I'll look into that thread now but the reason I'm having trouble taking screenshots is because of my OSD flickering during pause of a movie. I'm not sure why that is but I have a feeling it's something to do with the refresh rate. I've let kodi handle all the refreshing and have disabled refresh rate settings in MadVR. The problem is very random. I.e. flickering OSD with one movie and then the next movie it would be gone. Have you come across this before?

Even when I disable refresh rate in kodi and enable in MadVR the problem continues to remain. I'm on the latest MadVR build if it helps?
(2018-07-03, 12:20)entourage2111 Wrote:
(2018-07-02, 18:33)Warner306 Wrote: This thread might be helpful if you are looking for screenshots: https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p...ost1840876.

Thanks Warner, I am using Kodi Launcher. I'll look into that thread now but the reason I'm having trouble taking screenshots is because of my OSD flickering during pause of a movie. I'm not sure why that is but I have a feeling it's something to do with the refresh rate. I've let kodi handle all the refreshing and have disabled refresh rate settings in MadVR. The problem is very random. I.e. flickering OSD with one movie and then the next movie it would be gone. Have you come across this before?

Even when I disable refresh rate in kodi and enable in MadVR the problem continues to remain. I'm on the latest MadVR build if it helps? 
I haven't seen a flickering OSD. The OSD elements put a further strain on madVR, so your rendering stats could be at the limit causing the flickering.
hello community

I just set up kodi with dsp player. works fine so far Smile

my problem is, i use ambilight (boblight) unfortunately this does not work. I've read here in the forum that I have to disable full screen but the colors remain out unfortunately. boblight itself is connected, the stand colors in the menu light up.

anyone have an idea?

Thank you!

greet waffi
You need another solution. SVPLight (from SVP works great, but you need a premium license). You can use Lightpack Filter, which is free (https://github.com/matthewn4444/Lightpac...wiki/Usage) or you use ambibox with screen capture (This works best for me)
(2018-07-04, 15:22)dcdead Wrote: You need another solution. SVPLight (from SVP works great, but you need a premium license). You can use Lightpack Filter, which is free (https://github.com/matthewn4444/Lightpac...wiki/Usage) or you use ambibox with screen capture (This works best for me)
 Thank you. I also have ambibox installed, can you give me your settings? I have no nice transitions. and is it possible to set a fixed background (in the menu)?

Thanks for your help Smile
Sorry for the slightly off-topic.  Do any of the lighting solutions for Kodi support Music services playback too?  I'm currently using the Phillips Hue Sync app for Windows; which has good support for Music playback as well as ambient lighting for video.  When Kodi's streaming music (Spotify or Google Music), the lights sync to music, if there's Video/Movies (even in DSPlayer playback) ambient lighting takes into effect.  These modes are triggered via scripts I made for Kodi (which detect the difference between Music and Video on playback.  However, if there's already a Kodi addon that that does this well, I'd like to give it a try.
(2018-07-03, 17:32)Warner306 Wrote:
(2018-07-03, 12:20)entourage2111 Wrote:

I haven't seen a flickering OSD. The OSD elements put a further strain on madVR, so your rendering stats could be at the limit causing the flickering. 
Thanks Warner, it was the strain on rendering, I've sorted it now. Smile
hey there!

first my setup:

- philips 55pos901 oled tv
- gtx 980
- win 7
- kodi 17.6 with mpc-hc + lavfilters + madvr (latest versions) as external player

HDR passthrough via madvr is working fine and it puts my TV into HDR mode like it should. problem is: the picture is waaay too dark then. in dim scenes you can't even recognize faces properly. 

so i tried the same files with the TV's internal mediaplayer -> perfect picture, not that dark.

any idea what could cause this? 

4k SDR clips look wonderful via mpc-hc so it definitely is a HDR-specific problem.
I would suggest you post Mediainfo for affected files (https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo)

Try one of the sample clips as we know these 'work' and can be easily verified by others
https://kodi.wiki/view/Samples

Only thing that sticks out at the moment is using Win7.  It's getting on a bit these days and 4K, HDR, HEVC etc didn't exist when it was released, so this could be a factor
Hi Warner,

You stated a few pages back that DVDFab works as an external player in Kodi. I am using the new version 5 and cannot get it to work with Leia. Powerdvd stats fine as an external but I cannot get DVDFab to run at all. Get a message saying press o.k. when done with external player, but nothing happens. Any help on this would be appreciated. Have reviewed PCfactory .xml and it is good according to all the posts I have seen on this. Format is the same for both players.

I can post it if you need, but it is a pain as it is on my Win computer and I post using a Mac. Wanted to find out which version you were using and if it was working perfectly for you.

Thanks,

Mark
  • 425(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows47