• 459(current)
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows
if that doesnt fix it hop over to the MADVR forum and report it there, there have been a number of driver related issues recently with NVIDIA cards but also an issue with render queues not filling up but I think that was fixed on . MADVR .17, are you up to date on both MADVR and LAV filters, remembering that you have to update the LAV filters manually in the KODI install folder.
(2019-01-09, 01:13)mclingo Wrote: we need to get some figures, people keep saying AMD's are weak with MADVR but all I can see is just hearsay, are there any benchmarks, how weak exactly and compared to which nvidia cards with how many shader units etc etc, I know MADSHI says AMD arent as good but it could be a very small amount and therefore the price difference may more than make up for this.

I agree though, I wouldnt bother upgrading before you get your TV, check out the RX 560 first, you will probably find its perfectly fine.
 There have already been many benchmarks. AMD cards are mostly slow at NGU neural network image processing. They are maybe half as fast as Nvidia, if not more.

For example, an RX 580 can run NGU high if you lower the setting for chroma upscaling. As where a GTX 1060 can run NGU high for upscaling without much effort and some level of NGU for chroma. Some other processing is also slower on AMD. It isn't just spitballing.
(2019-01-10, 05:57)boingman Wrote: Can't be normal that my RTX 2080 goes into onverdrive and eats all of its VRAM every time I launch a 4K HDR video, right? Installed the latest madVR v0.92.17 and now I don't even get a picture when using DSPlayer to watch whatever video.
Guess it's time to reinstall Kodi/DSPlayer and start from scratch. My settings must be messed up.
fulllscreen exclusive mode is the only way I've heard of to get smooth playback. Make sure the OSD says "exclusive."
(2019-01-10, 15:29)Warner306 Wrote:
(2019-01-09, 01:13)mclingo Wrote: we need to get some figures, people keep saying AMD's are weak with MADVR but all I can see is just hearsay, are there any benchmarks, how weak exactly and compared to which nvidia cards with how many shader units etc etc, I know MADSHI says AMD arent as good but it could be a very small amount and therefore the price difference may more than make up for this.

I agree though, I wouldnt bother upgrading before you get your TV, check out the RX 560 first, you will probably find its perfectly fine.
 There have already been many benchmarks. AMD cards are mostly slow at NGU neural network image processing. They are maybe half as fast as Nvidia, if not more.

For example, an RX 580 can run NGU high if you lower the setting for chroma upscaling. As where a GTX 1060 can run NGU high for upscaling without much effort and some level of NGU for chroma. Some other processing is also slower on AMD. It isn't just spitballing. 
i can already run NGU sharp high for both upsclaing and chroma with my RX580, rendering is just over 20ms, I could push a lot further than that but it goets hot, however most of the heat problems with my card are down to my really poor setup. I have my PC in a very small cupboard under my TV, there no real  ventilation. The cupboard sits on an outside wall so i'm going to vent it in summer.

I'd be interested to see some of these benchmarks, do you have a link, just out of interest though.
I don't have any benchmarks, just user figures. I have a hard time believing your result because mkohman has the same card and cannot run the same settings. 

I can't possibly find all of the links from several different forums and report them to you. I talk to these people everyday, here, at AVS Forums and at Doom9. This has been well known for some time. You are first person I've met who is reporting high performance with NGU with an AMD card. Noted. There was a report in the tone mapping thread recently that an RX 580 can't run the same HDR tone mapping settings as a GTX 1060. I am supposed to assume they are wrong?
i'll have a look tonight and maybe pull off some screen shots just in case i'm completely wrong about that.
hi, its just above 30 not 20, its just above 20 on NGU sharp low. sorry.

30ms doesnt sound that awful to me though for NGU high 4k HDR mate, the only processing i have applied is debanding low though. If you can get that for less that £150 I think its worth it.
I think the performance slowdown only relates to Polaris. Vega cards are known to be faster in this regard.
I had originally created a very aggressive setting for all videos.  I just lowered the settings to more modest settings ...specifically for all 2160 videos.  However, after saving these new settings for 2160 videos, DSPlayer still tries to use my original aggressive settings for all video formats, including 2160p.  The only way I can force DSPlayer to use the correct settings for 2160p is to manually load my saved settings "Load from 2160p video settings" every time I playback a 2160p TV show or movie.

So, what's the trick to have DSPlayer automatically load the 2160p settings I've saved for 2160p videos?  I already did what I thought was the most intuitive thing to do.
I would suggest putting your profiles into madVR and disabling profile selection in DSPlayer. I can only assume profile selection in DSPlayer will become more buggy over time as the madVR control panel changes.
(2019-01-12, 04:05)Warner306 Wrote: I would suggest putting your profiles into madVR and disabling profile selection in DSPlayer. I can only assume profile selection in DSPlayer will become more buggy over time as the madVR control panel changes.
 Thanks so much for the quick reply back.  I looked in the madVR settings but didn't see anything that allowed me to save all settings for everything but 2160p.  I found the link below, but it looks like I need to write at least one script just to do this.  If you or someone here could show me exactly what script to use and where to put it, I'd be very grateful.  Seems like this method is unnecessarily complex though for what I'm trying to do; especially now that people are also trying to playback 2160p.

https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p...ost1271417

Thanks again for any help you can offer to get this working!
Use Warners excellent guide and look for Profiles.

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2238942

6. SAMPLE SETTINGS PROFILES & PROFILE RULES
Your profile rules would look something like this:

if (srcWidth > 1920) "2160p"
else if (srcWidth <= 1920) and (srcHeight > 1080) "2160p"

else "Other"

To create the profile rules, follow the logic from the link posted above. You should also delete the fake DSPlayer profile groups.
(2019-01-10, 14:07)mclingo Wrote: if that doesnt fix it hop over to the MADVR forum and report it there, there have been a number of driver related issues recently with NVIDIA cards but also an issue with render queues not filling up but I think that was fixed on . MADVR .17, are you up to date on both MADVR and LAV filters, remembering that you have to update the LAV filters manually in the KODI install folder.
(2019-01-10, 15:31)Warner306 Wrote: fulllscreen exclusive mode is the only way I've heard of to get smooth playback. Make sure the OSD says "exclusive." 
Reinstalling helped, resulting in smooth 4K HDR playback and my GPU usage is now low enough that the graphics card stays silent as it should be.

My current problem though is that my LG C7 OLED will now switch to HDR mode for all video material, no matter whether it's HDR or SDR. Only the Kodi menus without any movie playing in the background are displayed in SDR. Doesn't matter whether I use the default Kodi VideoPlayer or DSPlayer for the SDR video.
Currently using Nvidia drivers 411.70 and went with RGB full range, 8bpc in the Nvidia settings.
Guess, I'll need to get an older driver that does a better job handling autoswitching. Problem is that my new card is probably not supported by versions such as 376.33.

Edit:

Only happens when using hardware acceleration/DXVA2, so I could disable it, though that shouldn't be necessary...
You should be using D3D11 Native for hardware acceleration. I'm not sure if that would make a difference. And I assume Windows HDR is disabled.
  • 459(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows47