• 494(current)
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows
(2019-09-20, 03:11)goofer69 Wrote: This is just w/DVD's and DSPlayer, it switches correctly w/DSPlayer to 24p when playing bluray's, just not DVD's. I don't get it? What is VideoPlayer reading that DSPlayer/madvr doesn't/isn't? 
Maybe a debug log could help.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
(2019-09-20, 19:35)ashlar Wrote:
(2019-09-20, 03:11)goofer69 Wrote: This is just w/DVD's and DSPlayer, it switches correctly w/DSPlayer to 24p when playing bluray's, just not DVD's. I don't get it? What is VideoPlayer reading that DSPlayer/madvr doesn't/isn't? 
Maybe a debug log could help.  
Following Warner306's suggestions a few posts up fixed the problem. Thanks for your reply... ;^)
(2019-09-20, 18:15)DonAnthony Wrote:
(2019-09-20, 17:45)DonAnthony Wrote:
(2019-09-20, 09:13)goofer69 Wrote: I had this problem a while back. Make sure you have System>Settings>Player>Discs>Blu-ray>Blu-ray playback mode>Play main movie and not Simplified menu or Blu-ray menu...     

I tried and kodi did nothing when I click on a movie !

Are you able to read bdmv with dsplayers?   

I finally managed to read my bdmv with dsplayer / madvr / lavfilter !!
I am so happy, thank you all !!!

goofer, you were right, i have to set bluray disk to play the movie and not Simplified menu or Blu-ray menu !! merci !! 
No problem, glad to help!
(2019-09-20, 00:22)((( atom ))) Wrote: Does anybody know of an audio compressor that I could insert into the audio chain that is designed to work well with movies? Regular studio compressors always suffer from the problem that their release times are too short and it is difficult to sidechain them properly in a multichannel setup.

My problem is that I am exporting 8 channels from kodi via netjack into a linux machine that does FIR filtering (convolution) for all my speakers and I'm currently routing all the channels through a DAW software that of course only has regular compressors designed for stereo audio. What I would need is something that does what MadVR does with tonemapping: Magically reading hints and figuring what will happen in the future of the scene and setting the level accordingly.

Been looking for something like that for ages...
No ideas, anyone?
Sounds too complex for DSPlayer.
have you guys managed to update DSPlayers internal LAV Filters? If I update the internal Filters in the DS Player directory, the movie files won't start anymore. Any advice?
(2019-09-23, 00:10)((( atom ))) Wrote:
(2019-09-20, 00:22)((( atom ))) Wrote: Does anybody know of an audio compressor that I could insert into the audio chain that is designed to work well with movies? Regular studio compressors always suffer from the problem that their release times are too short and it is difficult to sidechain them properly in a multichannel setup.

My problem is that I am exporting 8 channels from kodi via netjack into a linux machine that does FIR filtering (convolution) for all my speakers and I'm currently routing all the channels through a DAW software that of course only has regular compressors designed for stereo audio. What I would need is something that does what MadVR does with tonemapping: Magically reading hints and figuring what will happen in the future of the scene and setting the level accordingly.

Been looking for something like that for ages...
No ideas, anyone?  
In no particular order of preference (never used any of these):

DeDynamic: https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/3836...ost2489876 or http://foro.doom9.org/index.html?/software2.htm
DC-DSP Filter: http://www.dsp-worx.de/?n=4
AC3 Filter: http://www.ac3filter.net/

From what you describe, the second one is probably the most powerful solution to try and cater to your needs. Unfortunately it's not working for me under Windows 10 Pro x64 1803.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
(2019-09-23, 12:42)Sunset1982 Wrote: have you guys managed to update DSPlayers internal LAV Filters? If I update the internal Filters in the DS Player directory, the movie files won't start anymore. Any advice?

You probably did it wrong. You are either missing a file or didn't copy the correct 32-bit or 64-bit files.

I have been using external filter rules with great success. There is no difference in performance from the internal filters. The files I'm using to configure external filters are included in the DSPlayer set up guide. Just install XySubFilter and DSPlayer will also use the existing Windows installation of LAV Filters. You can then update LAV Filters externally and not have to worry about copying over installation files.
Ashlar, thx for the suggestions, the middle one might be interresting..
I've been using Kodi DSPlayer with MadVR for a *very* long time and it works just great!

Recently I bought a new Samsung 4k HDR TV, and I enabled HDR in windows 10 - 1903.

SDR and HDR Movies look AWESOME!

My problem is that Kodi's GUI suddenly starts to look horrible (mostly after I watched an HDR movie).
This is especially apparent when movie posters, fanart is shown. Dark colors are way too dark, bright colors are way too bright.

Is that because of windows 10's (lacking) HDR support?
Or some setting that I've missed?
(2019-09-25, 08:38)solidservo Wrote: I've been using Kodi DSPlayer with MadVR for a *very* long time and it works just great!

Recently I bought a new Samsung 4k HDR TV, and I enabled HDR in windows 10 - 1903.

My problem is that Kodi's GUI suddenly starts to look horrible (mostly after I watched an HDR movie).
This is especially apparent when movie posters, fanart is shown. Dark colors are way too dark, bright colors are way too bright.

This happens when HDR is not properly disabled when the HDR file stops playing.  I get this very rarely so I assume the issue is that you've enabled Win10's native HDR option.  You don't need to do this, MadVR uses GPU APIs to toggle HDR so try just turning off Win10's HDR, reboot and test again.
(2019-09-25, 08:38)solidservo Wrote: I've been using Kodi DSPlayer with MadVR for a *very* long time and it works just great!

"I enabled HDR in windows 10"

HDR should be disabled in windows when using MADVR, MADVR uses NVIDIA/AMD HDR, not windows.
Ohhhh, thanks guys! I was under the impression that I must enable HDR in windows 10.
Thanks a lot, I will give this a try today!
you also need to have 10 bit enabled in MADVR for AMD card to enable HDR mode on your TV - and use DIRECT3D11 for presentation, also in MADVR - you may or may not also required FSE turned on.
(2019-09-27, 13:06)mclingo Wrote: you also need to have 10 bit enabled in MADVR for AMD card to enable HDR mode on your TV - and use DIRECT3D11 for presentation, also in MADVR - you may or may not also required FSE turned on.

Thanks! Everything seems to work nicely.

Just one more question, MadVR shows "limited range (says upstream)" - what does that mean?
https://i.imgur.com/MMseDP7.jpg

TV says "UHD HDR" and my Onkyo TX-SR393 reports "HDR10 RGB 24bit"
  • 494(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows47