• 496(current)
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows
(2019-10-15, 15:32)Warner306 Wrote: Maybe the renderer doesn't expect you to lose any of the 16:9 image. Zooming is supposed to be reserved for 21:9 content.

Did you look at the subtitle placement options in XySubFilter?

Or try creating a profile group under madVR's zoom control for 16:9 sources that uses the zoom big black bars/zoom small black bars options? Maybe zoom control will be able to better manage the subtitles?
I have tried a few different things without much success, i do not really understand the options in xysubfilter, perhaps you could tell me or try to replicate something similiar?>
Were you using DXVA2 (copy-back) when you were experimenting with the different zoom control settings? Did you first define your screen size in screen config?
(2019-10-16, 02:21)Warner306 Wrote: Were you using DXVA2 (copy-back) when you were experimenting with the different zoom control settings? Did you first define your screen size in screen config?

I only tried messing with define screen size without copy back on, it was acting wierd in that if i crop only top and bottom the sides would crop also
The screen config will only be respected by zoom control if you use copy-back decoding.

The screen config page is necessary if you want madVR to control the screen size, zooming and cropping of the video. This is likely why you can't move the subtitles where you want them.
Since i intend to post an updated DSPlayer 17.6 build with better GUI scaling and some smaller usability fixes - question @all:

Are you using KODI DSPlayer 32 or 64 bit? I'm using the x64 build for a long time now and had no problems. Are there known issues explicitly with the 64bit version of KODI DSPlayer?
⬅️⬅️ Feel free to leave a 👍 on useful posts  |  A Confluence ZEITGEIST (A modern reimagination of Confluence)  |  axbmcuser REPO (Download Link)  |  Kodi 17.7 DSPlayer x64 BETTERGUI (2020 build)
64bit here and no issues.
If there are small backports you would like be included in an updated build of DSPlayer 17.6 64bit, feel free to propose them.

For now i included:
- Better global GUI scaling (You can now use 1080px or even 2160px-height artwork without scaling distortion issues. The new scaling is applied to all GUI graphics, so also scaling of icons etc. looks better now.)
- Addon Manager: Show "Update all" entry if there is 1 or more updates available (had to be 2 before)
- Parent folder focus save fix (https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/15680)
⬅️⬅️ Feel free to leave a 👍 on useful posts  |  A Confluence ZEITGEIST (A modern reimagination of Confluence)  |  axbmcuser REPO (Download Link)  |  Kodi 17.7 DSPlayer x64 BETTERGUI (2020 build)
Anyone able and willing to configure DSPlayer 17.6 to work with the DVBViewer plugin?
(2019-10-22, 19:40)axbmcuser Wrote: If there are small backports you would like be included in an updated build of DSPlayer 17.6 64bit, feel free to propose them.

For now i included:
- Better global GUI scaling (You can now use 1080px or even 2160px-height artwork without scaling distortion issues. The new scaling is applied to all GUI graphics, so also scaling of icons etc. looks better now.)
- Addon Manager: Show "Update all" entry if there is 1 or more updates available (had to be 2 before)
- Parent folder focus save fix (https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/15680)
I have absolutely no idea if what I'm going to ask is doable as a simple backport but I feel it needs to be asked. Is updated InputStream plugin support possible? Mainly thinking about the new, legal, Netflix/Prime Video plugins here. If those could be made to work with Kodi DSPlayer... well, it would be quite an achievement.
Again: it might be extremely hard/impossible to do. Just asking and asking because InputStream was introduced with Kodi 17, so work should not be totally from scratch (hopefully).

Edit: I read in the Kodi 19 HDR Edition discussion that plugins are starting to migrate to Python 3. When that becomes widespread... that's going to be quite a big step towards the end of Kodi DSPlayer. No updated plugins means no updated scrapers. At that point... there's little left if one cannot update his/her library.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
As far as i know it is not possible to upgrade inputstream.adaptive on KODI 17 to the newer versions of the addon which are used on KODI 18. The newer versions seem to base on essential core changes which happened in KODI 18.
(2019-10-22, 23:44)ashlar Wrote: .
Edit: I read in the Kodi 19 HDR Edition discussion that plugins are starting to migrate to Python 3. When that becomes widespread... that's going to be quite a big step towards the end of Kodi DSPlayer. No updated plugins means no updated scrapers. At that point... there's little left if one cannot update his/her library.

I finally moved to Leia with MPC-BE and MadVR some months back. It works alright. And I'm doing ok without all the OSD options as I have a Harmony remote configured. Sad that I had to do it since I loved the seamless integration. But I wasn't too keen on missing out on Arctic Zephyr 2 skin and the rebuild of Kodi in 18. It flat out runs better for me. :/
(2019-10-22, 23:44)ashlar Wrote: Edit: I read in the Kodi 19 HDR Edition discussion that plugins are starting to migrate to Python 3. When that becomes widespread... that's going to be quite a big step towards the end of Kodi DSPlayer. No updated plugins means no updated scrapers. At that point... there's little left if one cannot update his/her library. 

When this happens, it will be a sad day indeed. 

I have not used external players in years, but I'd imagine the experience is still much worse? When I last tried external, proper resume points and watched states were impossible, the files would be marked watched after the start of playback. I guess I could live without this, but is there a player with comparable subtitle downloader that works well with keyboard/remote?

If someone were to ever pick this project up again, I suggest dropping Madvr configuration completely to make it a bit simpler, I assume most people interested in this have been using external configuration and filters anyway because of the updates.
(2019-10-24, 11:05)IT007 Wrote: 1) I have not used external players in years, but I'd imagine the experience is still much worse? When I last tried external, proper resume points and watched states were impossible, the files would be marked watched after the start of playback. I guess I could live without this, but is there a player with comparable subtitle downloader that works well with keyboard/remote?

2) If someone were to ever pick this project up again, I suggest dropping Madvr configuration completely to make it a bit simpler, I assume most people interested in this have been using external configuration and filters anyway because of the updates.
1) No, there is not a player with a comparable subtitle downloader, keyboard/remote or not. If there is, it has eluded my searches for the longest time. Especially if one dares to wish for a downloader that works well as a 10 feet interface.

2) I've always raised this point, even during the "aracnoz days". When it became clear that no integration of DSPlayer could ever happen with the main builds, madVR internal support became pretty much useless/meaningless/too much work. Filters configuration (i refer to advanced filters configuration according to Kodi's playback rules in playercorefactory.xml) is needed/useful, as that allows for a flexibility in filters choice that is unequalled (again, as far as my searches have told me so far), together with madVR multiconfigurations it makes DSPlayer incredibly granular in its handling of video files.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
That's what I thought unfortunately, thanks for confirming. Yeah, those options should of course stay, and personally I have found the internal sanear audio renderer works best for me.

It's really unfortunate that there is no good replacement in sight if/when add-on support stops.
Its a horrifying thought but if a MADVR or LAV filter breaks this version at some point we'll have to move to !!!MEDIA PORTAL!! - ....shivers..

Smile
  • 496(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows47