• 499(current)
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows
@ashlar
I never really liked scraping within KODI and being dependent on scraping this way: Using tinyMediaManager for countless years now without feeling the need to ever stop using it. (Can only speak for movie scraping though, since i don't use TV shows at all)
Bonus regarding TMM: The devs are imho great guys when it comes to bug-reports and feature requests.
⬅️⬅️ Feel free to leave a 👍 on useful posts  |  A Confluence ZEITGEIST (A modern reimagination of Confluence)  |  axbmcuser REPO (Download Link)  |  Kodi 17.7 DSPlayer x64 BETTERGUI (2020 build)
Hello all

Only to use madMeasureHDR to Create Dynamic HDR10 Metadata on my office PC it takes a long time with a AMD FX-8350 and GeForce GTS450. 

Is a new graficcard sufficent to accelerate this or is a new MB/CPU also required?

I really only use it for this - no movie watching- so I am not sure what it should be... Radeon RX 550,580 or even RX 5700?

Thanks for any hint.
Christian
Yes, you need a GPU with a 10-bit HEVC decoder.

If you are intending on using madVR's tone mapping, you will need a powerful GPU.
(2019-11-10, 11:38)Warner306 Wrote: Yes, you need a GPU with a 10-bit HEVC decoder.

If you are intending on using madVR's tone mapping, you will need a powerful GPU.

So a RX550 is good to go?
@moravec
All depends on how much stuff you want to do with MadVR exactly. (scaling, random noise reduction, do you want to only use 24hz material or do you also want it to work also for 60fps material? ...hdr2sdr etc. pp,)

A RX550 is still more at the very low end of the spectrum. A RX580 has a small headroom for standard stuff, but when you start adding noise reduction and more heavy scaling stuff, even a RX580 can be brought to it's limits very quickly.

Sorry for not having a simpler answer. Smile
⬅️⬅️ Feel free to leave a 👍 on useful posts  |  A Confluence ZEITGEIST (A modern reimagination of Confluence)  |  axbmcuser REPO (Download Link)  |  Kodi 17.7 DSPlayer x64 BETTERGUI (2020 build)
(2019-11-10, 12:02)axbmcuser Wrote: @moravec
All depends on how much stuff you want to do with MadVR exactly. (scaling, random noise reduction, do you want to only use 24hz material or do you also want it to work also for 60fps material? ...hdr2sdr etc. pp,)

A RX550 is still more at the very low end of the spectrum. A RX580 has a small headroom for standard stuff, but when you start adding noise reduction and more heavy scaling stuff, even a RX580 can be brought to it's limits very quickly.

Sorry for not having a simpler answer. Smile

Thanks...

But my question was "Only to use madMeasureHDR to Create Dynamic HDR10 Metadata on my office PC". In my "cinema" with the projector and the HTPC there is running another card. Right now a RX550, which is working as far as I can say good - with 4k hdr content. But maybe I did not tweek it right...

So maybe take a RX5700 for the cinema htpc and the rx550 to the office pc?
A GT 1030 will do if all you want to do is measure your HDR files.
Just wanted to thank everyone involved with this, as I had been banging my head on the desk for a while on this, trying to get the best of HDR/4K with my media collection. I am currently running Plex, as I really do prefer its UI over Kodi, however found I have to use Kodi/DSPlayer to be able to get HDR playback (as the Plex Media Player app will not, and the apps on Firestick, etc will not pass through 7.1, etc and is just slower as I use the host PC as the media PC connected to the TV directly). I tried the latest Kodi, but just does not look nearly as good as it does running this version with DSPlayer/madVR.

With this said, I believe someone commented on this somewhere in this thread, however I did not see a resolution, I noticed that resume playback is broken when using the official Plex app within Kodi. Everything else works perfect, but the resume playback. I have also verified that that is not an issue in the latest versions of Kodi. So what I am looking for it to see if anyone has a solution to this issue, and if not, if there is anyway to get DSPlayer in the latest version of Kodi, that would be fantastic! I would honestly pay someone to do that as well.
If you visit the Plex for Kodi GitHub page, there is an experimental branch that has a fix for the resume point. I can't remember what it is called. I first read about it at the HTPC section of AVS Forums within one of the larger threads there.
(2019-11-11, 12:51)Warner306 Wrote: If you visit the Plex for Kodi GitHub page, there is an experimental branch that has a fix for the resume point. I can't remember what it is called. I first read about it at the HTPC section of AVS Forums within one of the larger threads there.

Thanks a ton! I was able to find it and loaded that one, and so far seems to be working great, no more resume issue! That was the last step for my setup, as I use a Fire TV Cube (2nd gen) for stuff like Netflix, and then my HTPC for other stuff, etc.  Would still be nice for an updated version of Kodi with the DSPlayer, and would still be more than glad to donate to someone who makes it happen, but for now, everything is working, so I am happy! 

Would not be much, but if your PM me a PayPal email, I have no issue giving you something for pointing this out to me.
No promises, ok? 

I'm looking into this. 
I'm stating what I'm doing in case someone already tried and can tell me it's a waste of time. 

So I forked Aracnoz's git and asked to merge with the actual xbmc. 
There are 600 conflicts in total. 
490 to go...

To be honest I don't think this is going to work but let's see.. 

First all the conflicts needs to be solved. 
And it needs to compile without errors (this is probably where it will fail).
Finally it has to work. 

In a very simplistic view. 

So.. again, no promises.
Just wanted to post here because if someone already tried, let me know in advance so I don't waste my time with such a tedious task.
(2019-11-11, 20:24)fandangos Wrote: No promises, ok? 

I'm looking into this. 
I'm stating what I'm doing in case someone already tried and can tell me it's a waste of time. 

490 to go...

Finally it has to work. 

So.. again, no promises.
Just wanted to post here because if someone already tried, let me know in advance so I don't waste my time with such a tedious task.
@fandangos if you'll manage to do this (Kodi DSPlayer 19.0) I will send you $100 through PayPal. It's a promise. And I invite everybody that would like for this to happen to pledge similarly. I know you are not promising anything, you wrote as much. But I am promising. Best of luck!
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).

I'm looking into this. 

490 to go...

Finally it has to work. 

So.. again, no promises.

There are only 600 merge conflicts out of 10,000 commits? That doesn't sound that bad. Maybe it will work without issue. It would likely depend on whether the playback engine that DSPlayer shares with Kodi main has changed with v18 Leia.
(2019-11-11, 23:00)Warner306 Wrote:

I'm looking into this. 

490 to go...

Finally it has to work. 

So.. again, no promises.

There are only 600 merge conflicts out of 10,000 commits? That doesn't sound that bad. Maybe it will work without issue. It would likely depend on whether the playback engine that DSPlayer shares with Kodi main has changed with v18 Leia.

Yes and mostly are deleted unused stuff.

I'm down to 150 conflicts now and I'm stopping for today.

At the very least if it doesn't work I can pull this to github and the merge part would be done for someone else in the future.

The biggest shame of all is that I don't think dsplayer would work with libbluray and this is really out of the question for me to try.
I still haven't faced the big problems like videoplayer decisions and such.

Well still don't get your hopes up.
(2019-11-11, 22:47)ashlar Wrote: I will send you $100 through PayPal. It's a promise.  

I'll match that.
LG OLED55BX6LB, Zidoo Z1000 Pro (ZDMC 20.2 Arctic Zephyr 2 Resurrection), Yamaha RX-A3060, Polk Signature Fronts & Centre, Wharfedale D300 Atmos surrounds, Heco Victa Prime Sub 252A, DSPeaker Antimode 8033 Cinema
  • 499(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows47