• 500(current)
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows
Well, it was successfully merged:

https://github.com/fandangos2/xbmc

Compiling is a whole other story.
I know people will appreciate the effort.
LG OLED55BX6LB, Zidoo Z1000 Pro (ZDMC 20.2 Arctic Zephyr 2 Resurrection), Yamaha RX-A3060, Polk Signature Fronts & Centre, Wharfedale D300 Atmos surrounds, Heco Victa Prime Sub 252A, DSPeaker Antimode 8033 Cinema
Tried to compile and of course it needs a lot of work. 

The good part is that now it's on github anyone can download, try to compile and work on it. 
I've started with small fixes and I encourage anyone to do so.
i'd love to help but i have zero knowedge in the area, happy to make a donation if you can get this working.
(2019-11-12, 16:22)fandangos Wrote: Tried to compile and of course it needs a lot of work. 

The good part is that now it's on github anyone can download, try to compile and work on it. 

What isn't working after merging? Do you think you made a mistake when correcting some of the merge conflicts or are there new bugs that weren't there previously? Or it wouldn't compile after merging?

Even if you can't get it working, you small effort is appreciated.
(2019-11-12, 20:39)Warner306 Wrote:
(2019-11-12, 16:22)fandangos Wrote: Tried to compile and of course it needs a lot of work. 

What isn't working after merging? Do you think you made a mistake when correcting some of the merge conflicts or are there new bugs that weren't there previously? Or it wouldn't compile after merging?

Even if you can't get it working, you small effort is appreciated.  
It's giving tons of errors to compile. 
After you solve 600 merge conflicts (which I wouldn't say is small but to each their own) by hand there are still a lot of work to do. 
Merging without any problems just means part of the code, or previews github commits are not conflicting with each other. 

All changelogs where having merge conflicts because they would have a lot of code on top of the existing in DSPlayer file and could have something like "delete first line", which would result in a conflict. 
Hard to explain but easy to understand in pratice. 

I'll give one example of a error that prevents it to compile:
This commit I made today solved one error:
https://github.com/fandangos2/xbmc/commi...8d20c3585d

add_platform_override does not exist in CMake anymore. That means it merged sucessfuly but the code doesn't exist and are not used by kodi anymore.

Fixing unneded stuff is quite easy, you just look at the error and follow the line and just understand that this isn't necessary anymore based on the code used by team kodi today. 

The hardest part is translation. Many and I mean many ways to call a function changed or became part of something else. 
When working on the code I've see something like gWindowing becoming Windowing:Confusedomething. 
So everytime DSPlayer calls this kind of function or some left over from Krypton is present you need to delete it (in case of old Krypton stuff) or translate to what is used today hopefully the function would still exist but with a different name. 

And finally DSPlayer have several files of it's own, that means that if Krypton code is updated by the merge, those are not, so all old function names and classes and such need to be updated or translated.

By the way, as I've stated several times I'm no experient dev so maybe I'm using wrong terms and such but this is how I understand the work that still needs to be done.
fandangos, thank you so much. Seeing some movement on this is making me happy. Crossing all fingers here (which made typing this quite hard  Wink) .
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
Sounds promising. It should be interesting to see if the player will play anything if it compiles.
(2019-11-12, 10:43)oldpainless Wrote:
(2019-11-11, 22:47)ashlar Wrote: I will send you $100 through PayPal. It's a promise.  

I'll match that.   

I will also match that.
This would be amazing! If only I knew how to do this stuff, but unlike some of my family, coding is not my forte at all. Will try to match the others as well. If only Kodi put official resources into it for proper native HDR support (passthrough).
(2019-11-13, 17:15)sp90378 Wrote: This would be amazing! If only I knew how to do this stuff, but unlike some of my family, coding is not my forte at all. Will try to match the others as well. If only Kodi put official resources into it for proper native HDR support (passthrough).
You can get HDR passthrough with my build here:
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=345566

Works for Nvidia and AMD.
(2019-11-13, 17:19)fandangos Wrote:
(2019-11-13, 17:15)sp90378 Wrote: This would be amazing! If only I knew how to do this stuff, but unlike some of my family, coding is not my forte at all. Will try to match the others as well. If only Kodi put official resources into it for proper native HDR support (passthrough).

How would you say it compares to this build with DSPlayer/MadVR? So running DSPlayer with Plex app through Kodi seems to check all the boxes off for me, and it looks fantastic. Set it to much better settings to upscale older movies to use my GTX1080 to a more full capacity. Just wish it was on a newer version is all.
(2019-11-13, 20:38)sp90378 Wrote:
(2019-11-13, 17:19)fandangos Wrote:

How would you say it compares to this build with DSPlayer/MadVR? So running DSPlayer with Plex app through Kodi seems to check all the boxes off for me, and it looks fantastic. Set it to much better settings to upscale older movies to use my GTX1080 to a more full capacity. Just wish it was on a newer version is all. 

Madvr is a much more capable renderer. I would say one of the best if not the best one. 
So if DSPlayer is working for you, just stick with it. 

My fork just adds hdr passthrough to a normal kodi. 

To others, I'll soon delete the github fork that was merged, it did not work as I hopped. 
So I'm changing the strategy to port DSPlayer to Kodi 19. 
Luckly Aracnoz was very organized with his code making my life easier Smile
(2019-11-13, 20:56)fandangos Wrote:
(2019-11-13, 20:38)sp90378 Wrote:
(2019-11-13, 17:19)fandangos Wrote: You can get HDR passthrough with my build here:

Madvr is a much more capable renderer. I would say one of the best if not the best one. 
So if DSPlayer is working for you, just stick with it. 

My fork just adds hdr passthrough to a normal kodi. 

To others, I'll soon delete the github fork that was merged, it did not work as I hopped. 
So I'm changing the strategy to port DSPlayer to Kodi 19. 
Luckly Aracnoz was very organized with his code making my life easier Smile 
That would be pretty sweet, thankful for the work you have been doing lately.
(2019-11-13, 03:54)ausvette Wrote:
(2019-11-12, 10:43)oldpainless Wrote:
(2019-11-11, 22:47)ashlar Wrote: I will send you $100 through PayPal. It's a promise.  

I'll match that.    

I will also match that. 
And it would be a sweet $300 (and counting, hopefully). Smile

fandangos, may the force be with you!
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
  • 500(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows47