• 501(current)
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows
(2019-11-13, 20:56)fandangos Wrote:
(2019-11-13, 20:38)sp90378 Wrote:
(2019-11-13, 17:19)fandangos Wrote: You can get HDR passthrough with my build here:
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=345566

Works for Nvidia and AMD.  

How would you say it compares to this build with DSPlayer/MadVR? So running DSPlayer with Plex app through Kodi seems to check all the boxes off for me, and it looks fantastic. Set it to much better settings to upscale older movies to use my GTX1080 to a more full capacity. Just wish it was on a newer version is all.  

Madvr is a much more capable renderer. I would say one of the best if not the best one. 
So if DSPlayer is working for you, just stick with it. 

My fork just adds hdr passthrough to a normal kodi. 

To others, I'll soon delete the github fork that was merged, it did not work as I hopped. 
So I'm changing the strategy to port DSPlayer to Kodi 19. 
Luckly Aracnoz was very organized with his code making my life easier Smile 

That sucks. Don't kill yourself over this. The carrot of being paid for this is intriguing, but there must be some underlying reason aracnoz gave up on doing annual merges of DSPlayer when he only had 600 commits to worry about.
(2019-11-14, 02:32)Warner306 Wrote:
(2019-11-13, 20:56)fandangos Wrote:
(2019-11-13, 20:38)sp90378 Wrote: How would you say it compares to this build with DSPlayer/MadVR? So running DSPlayer with Plex app through Kodi seems to check all the boxes off for me, and it looks fantastic. Set it to much better settings to upscale older movies to use my GTX1080 to a more full capacity. Just wish it was on a newer version is all.  

Madvr is a much more capable renderer. I would say one of the best if not the best one. 
So if DSPlayer is working for you, just stick with it. 

My fork just adds hdr passthrough to a normal kodi. 

To others, I'll soon delete the github fork that was merged, it did not work as I hopped. 
Luckly Aracnoz was very organized with his code making my life easier Smile 

That sucks. Don't kill yourself over this. The carrot of being paid for this is intriguing, but there must be some underlying reason aracnoz gave up on doing annual merges of DSPlayer when he only had 600 commits to worry about.

You are getting this wrong.
600 commits or more or less doesn't mean more or less work. That's not how this works.

And I'm not doing for the money. I haven't open donations till recently for kodi hdr and I'm working on it since the beggining of the year.

I'm doing this because I want everyone with a pc to have the best player that can play everything in the best possible way. Hope I can accomplish this.

Having a player with the best GUI, that have the best renderer and if it could also support libbluray too would great enough to retire players like the oppo Smile
Alright, sounds noble to me. I will be of course hopeful like many here that you can figure out a way to make DSPlayer work with new versions of Kodi.
(2019-11-14, 03:28)fandangos Wrote: You are getting this wrong.
600 commits or more or less doesn't mean more or less work. That's not how this works.

And I'm not doing for the money. I haven't open donations till recently for kodi hdr and I'm working on it since the beggining of the year.

I'm doing this because I want everyone with a pc to have the best player that can play everything in the best possible way. Hope I can accomplish this.

Having a player with the best GUI, that have the best renderer and if it could also support libbluray too would great enough to retire players like the oppo Smile 
@fandangos let me just say that the reason I bolded, above, convinces me even more of the opportunity of doing the right thing in pledging some money towards this. I've never thought you were doing it for the money, I've never thought my position being "we're hiring fandangos to do this". I simply would wish to recognize such a noble endeavour and I guess the others who have pledged feel the same way.

I feel too old to start learning because every fibre of my being would love, absolutely love, to help you out, spending hours working on this and testing it until it works. Since I am unable to do that, money is the only way I feel I can contribute.
An heartfelt thank you for at least trying.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
(2019-11-15, 19:55)ashlar Wrote:
(2019-11-14, 03:28)fandangos Wrote: YYou are getting this wrong.

@fandangos let me just say that the reason I bolded, above, convinces me even more of the opportunity of doing the right thing in pledging some money towards this. I've never thought you were doing it for the money, I've never thought my position being "we're hiring fandangos to do this". I simply would wish to recognize such a noble endeavour and I guess the others who have pledged feel the same way.

I feel too old to start learning because every fibre of my being would love, absolutely love, to help you out, spending hours working on this and testing it until it works. Since I am unable to do that, money is the only way I feel I can contribute.
An heartfelt thank you for at least trying. 
Yes for sure I felt the same way making my pledge.
Same here.
LG OLED55BX6LB, Zidoo Z1000 Pro (ZDMC 20.2 Arctic Zephyr 2 Resurrection), Yamaha RX-A3060, Polk Signature Fronts & Centre, Wharfedale D300 Atmos surrounds, Heco Victa Prime Sub 252A, DSPeaker Antimode 8033 Cinema
Yeah, regardless of the end result, all the work going in to this is much appreciated.
Hello can someone help me to get

This
To work in Kodi? I'm using the DSPlayer version 17.6
(2019-11-18, 08:08)Runakanta Wrote: Hello can someone help me to get

This

Madvr, I believe, bypasses that on purpose.

This
Those video shaders should only work if you choose DXVA2 for image upscaling. The AMD video shader settings are only intended for video rendering carried out by the GPU video rendering pipeline and not the GPU shaders used by madVR. madVR might even bypass them when DXVA2 is selected. I don't know.
(2019-11-18, 08:24)spencerjford Wrote:

This

Madvr, I believe, bypasses that on purpose.  
Yay thankyou, changing to Enhanced Video Rendering solved the problem ovo
(2019-11-13, 20:56)fandangos Wrote: To others, I'll soon delete the github fork that was merged, it did not work as I hopped. 
Is it perhaps easier to implement mpv or it's library?
https://mpv.io/
https://github.com/haasn/libplacebo
(2019-11-19, 17:40)namtih Wrote:
(2019-11-13, 20:56)fandangos Wrote: To others, I'll soon delete the github fork that was merged, it did not work as I hopped. 
Is it perhaps easier to implement mpv or it's library?
https://mpv.io/
https://github.com/haasn/libplacebo 
The idea has been, for a long time, to be able to use madVR, due to it being the most advanced renderer available currently for HTPCs. I'm not sure that having mpv would warrant the effort needed. mpv might probably be a good choice for Kodi, overall, if there was interest in playback engine (as it offers multiplatform support for Windows, Mac, Linux, Android). But I think, at that point, an "easier" solution might be to implement some more advanced resizers in the existing engine.
Let's give fandangos the time he needs to evaluate the different possibilities and approaches.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
Just an update, I'm halting the DSPlayer project for now for a few reasons: 

1. I have my final graduation presentation this week so I'm working on Kodi on my spare time and after this presentation I'll need to finalize the papers to conclude my graduation. 

2. DSPlayer doesn't support Libbluray at all, this is really a bummer to me, as I've said several times I would like to give people a choice to use iso or bdmv for uhd content that would not require expensive software (actually there's today no satisfactory player that can do this).  
So it would require porting DSPlayer and later adding the VideoPlayer portion of interaction with libbluray to it. We are talking about a lot of work and not sure if I can do it. Again not sure if I can do the DSplayer project. 

3. A  L O T  of the code where DSPlayer hooks to changed, moved it's place and such. So the strategy I'm doing is, I've found every single DSPlayer code portion outside the DSPlayer folder, that was easy because Aracnoz stated everything with "#ifdef HAS_DS_PLAYER", and taking this code and pasting into the correct place. 
This is a manual job (that's why merging solves nothing and I've deleted the git) and not just parts of the code change it's place within the same file it sometimes change to another file so I have to look into it, search for some string that might be similar and such..
As you can see this is very boring and I'm doing a few files per day.

4. I decided to try to fix the libbluray problems with my own fork. Blurays work flawlessly with libbluray 1.1.2 with my fork but UHD does not. 
There are a few bugs like the chapters not working, skipping chapters using the arrow keys, seeking in the timeline and green background menus. 
I REALLY would like to fix this and that's actually what I'm looking into right now. 

If I end up not being able to fix those, I'll dedicate my full attention to DSPlayer but right now, I'm working on it because if those bugs are solved we are looking at a fully compatible UHD BD player and that is a really awesome thing, at least, for me.
No worries, thanks for all the work you're already put in and good luck with your Graduation presentation !
  • 501(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows47