• 505(current)
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows
zoom control has options to move the subtitles into the active video area or place them over the black bars.
where are the PVR Addons ?
Hello,

is this fork still updated to 18.x? I don't think I can easily with the regular Kodi and 3d mvc will still run?!

Or is there another solution, best would be running under Linux, like an external player,...?

Thanks and kind regards,

Karlo
I come from the use of MHC-BE + MadVR, although it is a good experience for fluidity and HDR quality with tne mapping, the images had a lot of banding.

so I solved this problem with DSPalyer, perfect and bright images without banding.
But I have a Stuttering problem, after 10 seconds the video clicks.

I don't understand where I'm wrong, in addition to this I would like to ask myself if it is necessary to install the LAVFilters.

Thanks from Fabio
Win10 Pro, i3 9100, RX5700, DSPlayer 17.7, MadVR
Hi, LAV filters come onbaord so  you need to update these ideially, just copy them into the userdata folder over the top of the old ones. Press ctrl+j and take a screen so we can take a look at your settings, you havent provided any hardward details so we have nothing to work with here re: stuttering, for instance if you are using an NVIDIA card you need to create a custom CRU in MADVR to properly match refresh ratess of 23,976. 

It could also you are overtaxing your card, we'll be able to tell by looking at your screen shot.
Fixed, I downloaded the guide to DSPlayer, translated and bound. I must say that it is a bit difficult, there are many redundancies on the filter section.
It is not clear which section of filters is activated and which one is deactivated.
In the "Internal Filters" menu I had to activate under video codec acc. DVX2 but also appears in another menu. There is some double stuff that you don't know which one is working.

However, it is now set correctly, perfect shades, fluidity, detail and incredible details on the highlights.

Now I need to adjust the audio synchronization but especially set the zoom on all videos of 1.21 by default because I'm working with a custon resolution (3840x1920).
I can only set the zoom after starting a film on video settings, therefore film by film .... I do not find this setting that can be set by default on all films.

PS .: My PC is now an i7 with RX480

Thanks from Fabio
did you upgrade from madvr 87.16 to 87.17. it had a color profile auto selection thing wrong. Which would only show up in certain conditions.
I have MadVR 0.92.17 and I'm trying the new beta 112b for dynamic tone mapping.
Now my problem is the zoom to be applied to each film to make it compatible at 3840x1920 resolution (2: 1)

Fabio
Solved the problem of the zoom, it was enough to tick "default" on the custom video settings.
I still don't understand why there are double menus when using MadVR, can it be a Kodi anomaly?

Munù Video Kodi:
[Url = https: //postimg.cc/8Fb5bmxM] [img] https://i.postimg.cc/8Fb5bmxM/Kodi1.jpg [/ img] [/ url]

Video Menu DSPlayer - filters
[Url = https: //postimages.org/] [img] https://i.postimg.cc/445mS4rF/Kodi2.jpg [/ img] [/ url]

Fabio
(2020-01-10, 10:07)nidios Wrote: I still don't understand why there are double menus when using MadVR, can it be a Kodi anomaly?
DSPlayer still offers the regular, built-in, VideoPlayer from Kodi. As such is normal that it has to offer the settings panel to set it up.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
I'm looking at getting madVR to integrate with Kodi, why isnt this branch of Kodi pulled into master? It seems its unmaintained too, master is now at 18.x
(2020-01-12, 12:39)CyberVillain Wrote: I'm looking at getting madVR to integrate with Kodi, why isnt this branch of Kodi pulled into master? It seems its unmaintained too, master is now at 18.x

The project has had no maintainer since 17.x. Maintaining DSplayer and to build/port it into Leia branch is not an easy feat and sadly no one has had the combination of time and skill required to do so. So it's either live with 17.x and DS, or let go and do 18.x with another MadVR solution. But who knows what will happen. For me, I have moved onto MPC-BE as external player. But oh Lord I miss the solid Kodi integration so much.

On the subject of master pull, this has been discussed and was the main reason the DS branch maintainer left. Kodi Team said there was no room for his work in the official Kodi build because it relies too heavily on Windows only filters and MadVR. It is not open-source enough plus they said the code was not good enough and a mess, even after the last dev cleaned it up a bunch! I think our very dedicated and passionate dev just threw in the towel at the end. He said that through the years his life had changed and he didn't have the time for it anymore and the lack of fellow devs didn't help this problem.
Hi.  I'm hoping someone might be able to help me solve an annoying problem in my setup that causes the GUI resolution to switch back and forth between 3840x2160 and 1920x1080, causing problems with the display.

I currently use Kodi DSPlayer on a Windows 10 machine connected to a 4K projector.  I play my own uncompressed MKV rips of Blurays (1080P) and UHD Blurays (4K) movies.  When I play a 1080P movie file, and stop the movie, it correctly returns to the Kodi GUI interface at 1080P resolution in the system settings.  But when I play a 4K movie file, and stop the movie, it returns to the Kodi GUI with the GUI system setting set to 3840x2160 and the Kodi window gets reduced to approx 1/4 of the screen size.  If I manually switch the GUI interface resolution back to 1080P, it works correctly.

Is there a way to set the Kodi GUI resolution to 1080P in the advancedsettings.xml file, or some other solution to stop the GUI resolution from getting messed up depending on the resolution of the movie being played?

Thanks for the help.
(2020-01-20, 20:13)ayeroff Wrote: Is there a way to set the Kodi GUI resolution to 1080P in the advancedsettings.xml file, or some other solution to stop the GUI resolution from getting messed up depending on the resolution of the movie being played?

Simply setting the Kodi GUI resolution to 2160p should solve this, no?  MadVR should be scaling your 1080p content up to 4k, 4k content will play at 4k and if your Kodi resolution is set at 4k, then the resolution should never need to change.
(2020-01-21, 03:54)beeswax Wrote:
(2020-01-20, 20:13)ayeroff Wrote: Is there a way to set the Kodi GUI resolution to 1080P in the advancedsettings.xml file, or some other solution to stop the GUI resolution from getting messed up depending on the resolution of the movie being played?

Simply setting the Kodi GUI resolution to 2160p should solve this, no?  MadVR should be scaling your 1080p content up to 4k, 4k content will play at 4k and if your Kodi resolution is set at 4k, then the resolution should never need to change.
Thanks for the suggestion. I appreciate the help. But actually, the video files play correctly regardless of what resolution is selected. As I understand it, the GUI resolution setting in Kodi doesn't control playback, and only controls the resolution of the Kodi interface, and Kodi then switched to the correct video playback resolution. The problem is that when the file stops playing, there is some problem switching back to the GUI resolution.
  • 505(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows47