• 508(current)
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows
Hey there!

Does anyone of you use Kodi-DSPlayer+madVR to play 3D content?

Maybe i'd have some questions which would help me QA-test some of the latest changes i made to the BETTERGUI-DSPlayer build.

Thank you.
⬅️⬅️ Feel free to leave a 👍 on useful posts  |  A Confluence ZEITGEIST (A modern reimagination of Confluence)  |  axbmcuser REPO (Download Link)  |  Kodi 17.7 DSPlayer x64 BETTERGUI (2020 build)
I dont use 3d content, but would be interested to know more about the changes you have made.
LG OLED55BX6LB, Zidoo Z1000 Pro (ZDMC 20.2 Arctic Zephyr 2 Resurrection), Yamaha RX-A3060, Polk Signature Fronts & Centre, Wharfedale D300 Atmos surrounds, Heco Victa Prime Sub 252A, DSPeaker Antimode 8033 Cinema
@oldpainless

You can find it here, i already posted some time ago in this thread:
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=348790 (Download under "KODI 17" Download KODI 17.6 DSPlayer64 )

It includes all around better GUI scaling (see example), some smaller fixes/improvements and backports from Krypton-upstream and Leia and soon improved support for vertical shift when the DSPlayer-madVR-video is running in the background (while being on Kodi home screen for example). Until now this always messed up the madVR auto detection when using vertical shift. If testing ends up as hoped, this is fixed now for good. (Looking good so far...)

Still, my question regarding 3D DSPlayer-madVR users still stands, if anyone does use it, please let me know.
⬅️⬅️ Feel free to leave a 👍 on useful posts  |  A Confluence ZEITGEIST (A modern reimagination of Confluence)  |  axbmcuser REPO (Download Link)  |  Kodi 17.7 DSPlayer x64 BETTERGUI (2020 build)
(2020-02-04, 13:45)axbmcuser Wrote: Does anyone of you use Kodi-DSPlayer+madVR to play 3D content?
Didn't watch 3D content for a while.
But I guess that doesn't disqualify me from testing some things Wink
@axbmcuser 

I have no 3d content, so cant assist with that, but will download and take a look.
LG OLED55BX6LB, Zidoo Z1000 Pro (ZDMC 20.2 Arctic Zephyr 2 Resurrection), Yamaha RX-A3060, Polk Signature Fronts & Centre, Wharfedale D300 Atmos surrounds, Heco Victa Prime Sub 252A, DSPeaker Antimode 8033 Cinema
(2020-02-04, 11:07)jogal Wrote: Kodi outputs 1080p (passthrough) and TV scales it to 4K. The TV is the one that best knows its own panel and knows how to scale the image to get the best result (or very good result) . 
I don't think you can take this for granted. Sony is known for having very good upscaling algorithms. Samsung is supposedly a step down, but still good. But what about people with cheaper TVs and crappier panels? Somebody running a 65" Hisense they picked up for $500 is not going to have the same experience. I have an 85" Sony TV which got the best marks for upscaling, and 720p upscaled looks terrible on it as it's having to scale to triple the resolution in both directions so one pixel is being scaled to 9 (1080p does look very good though).

I feel pretty comfortable saying that NGU is better than any existing TV's upscaling. A normal 4k TV doesn't have anywhere close to the processing power required to do an amazing job at upscaling. Can everyone tell the difference? No. Does everyone need the difference? Certainly not. Is it pointless? Again, certainly not.
(2020-02-04, 19:20)Mordred Wrote: Can everyone tell the difference? No. Does everyone need the difference? Certainly not. Is it pointless? Again, certainly not.

And not everyone uses a tv to watch movies.
A lot of people use projectors and HSTM that Madvr can do, frame by frame, is better than what most projectors can do.

And it is frame by frame, not static like HDR10.
So it's by nature a big improvement.

You can read in this 300 pages thread how praised it is:

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/24-digita...ector.html

And when Envy comes out, I'll sure won't have money for it but it will be one of the best video processors in the market.
(2020-02-04, 15:58)icebaer Wrote: Didn't watch 3D content for a while.
You think you could dig up some of your 3D content and check if they still work on your DSPlayer+madVR when you've got the time?
If everything is confirmed working it would be great of you make a identical test (maybe with copied identical portable_userdata folder) on the new build i'll be uploading soon.
I just want to confirm that 3D works exactly as good (or bad :-) ) as before and since i don't have the option to test it myself, that would be helpful.
Thanks
(2020-02-05, 00:13)axbmcuser Wrote: You think you could dig up some of your 3D content and check if they still work on your DSPlayer+madVR when you've got the time?
If everything is confirmed working it would be great of you make a identical test (maybe with copied identical portable_userdata folder) on the new build i'll be uploading soon.
I just want to confirm that 3D works exactly as good (or bad :-) ) as before and since i don't have the option to test it myself, that would be helpful.
Yes, shouldn't be a problem.
Maybe we can continue discussion in the related thread.
(2020-02-05, 00:13)axbmcuser Wrote:
(2020-02-04, 15:58)icebaer Wrote: Didn't watch 3D content for a while.
You think you could dig up some of your 3D content and check if they still work on your DSPlayer+madVR when you've got the time?
Thanks 
I use frame packed 3d (bluray iso files). But DS Player can't play those. I have to use MPC-BE as external player. I have tens of those movies. Are you talking about MK3D files?
(2020-02-04, 19:20)Mordred Wrote: Is it pointless? Again, certainly not.
Pointless? Hell, no! I will pray every night for you to succeed, Mordred! Big Grin
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
hi i have tons of content but I dont use 32 bit versions, they dont play nice with my system, I also only use 32 bit lav filters etc, if  you can do a 32 bit build i will test. However with the build having lav filters onboard i'll give it a blast anyway.

ill come back shortly
Hi, 3D works very well, at least as well as the existing version, however skins dont work which is a major issue for me, I cant use the crappy stock skins at all. When i try download another skin nothing happens, have your ported this to python3 as i found only python2 versions of the recent KODI ports worked for me.

EDIT - skins work through repo ok.
Thanks for the 3D feedback!

This new version contains a better and more robust communication with madVR regarding aspect ratio, zoom, pixel ratio, vertical shift etc. (which is buggy on all old "non-bettergui DSPlayer" builds)

So, just to confirm again, the video aspect ratio, video position etc. while playing 3D is exactly the same as it is with your old "non-bettergui DSPlayer" builds?

Skins/Addons:
No, nothing has been changed regarding skins/addons. Python and addon support is untouched.
But the Kodi version has been upped from 17.6 to 17.7
I will check if i can reproduce the problem. Maybe it's the version number which causes the problem, which should be an easy fix then.
Thanks again.
Hi, to me everything looks identicle, aspect etc.
  • 508(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows47