• 510(current)
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows
Has anyone compared the latest Nvidia Shield's "AI" upscaling to DSPlayer/madVR upscaling?  I wasn't able to do a side-by-side comparison.. but I have to admit, I was really impressed by what Nvidia had to offer.
Nvidia's upscaling includes some edge enhancement/sharpening, so it isn't true upscaling per se. It is really upscaling + sharpening.

I haven't seen it in action, however. But you can't really expect it to compete with NGU Sharp very high using the maximum number of neural networks supported by a high-end GPU like the Nvidia RTX series. Those extra calculations combined with a shader tuned to be as sharp as possible would likely produce a superior upscaled image.
I know it has been long known that DS Player can't play bluray iso. So if you want to play 3D iso, there are playercorefactory settings and batch files to load external players. However, I know DSPlayer can play 3D just fine on its own using lavfilters and madVR. I have tried MK3D, full bluray folders and externally mounted iso (before opening Kodi), and it plays 3D very well. With 17.7 BetterGUI, there are no issues switching to 3d as well.

However, I would like to keep the option of storing my 3D movies in ISO (for a number of reasons) and use Kodi DSPlayer to playback 3D. I was wondering if there is a way that a batch file can be made to mount ISO from Kodi, (as one would do for external player) return to kodi and play with kodi, or if an addon exists.

Thanks.
anyone else gets 404 api.thetvdb.com errors when adding new shows?
Code:
18:42:03.228 T:5928 ERROR: CCurlFile::Open failed with code 404 for https://api.thetvdb.com/series/361868/im...anguage=de 18:42:03.228 T:5928 ERROR: ADDON::CScraper::Run: Unable to parse web site
Hi guys, I've been happily using DShow the past few months on my Krypton Kodi install, however today after a windows update the icon disappeared and now windows shows the blue box with "THIS APP CAN'T RUN ON YOUR PC TO FIND A VERSION THAT WORKS PLEASE CHECK WITH YOUR SOFTWARE PUBLISHER"

Any idea on how I might be able to unlock my kodi? This is pretty infuriating, I've spent a good deal of time customizing that install.
(2020-05-30, 08:26)Decimus Wrote: Hi guys, I've been happily using DShow the past few months on my Krypton Kodi install, however today after a windows update the icon disappeared and now windows shows the blue box with "THIS APP CAN'T RUN ON YOUR PC TO FIND A VERSION THAT WORKS PLEASE CHECK WITH YOUR SOFTWARE PUBLISHER"

Any idea on how I might be able to unlock my kodi? This is pretty infuriating, I've spent a good deal of time customizing that install.

Ok. I've solved my own problem.
This had nothing to do with Kodi or DSplayer and was a windows filesystem error.
The Drive holding my Kodi install and Thumbs had partially locked up. (Very scary). Some folders would open some wouldnt.
The Kodi Thumbnail folder was 0 KB... I was like wtf.
Luckily a reboot and unplugging the drive and letting it cool off and reboot seemed to fix the problem.
My Kodi is back. So if anyone googles and sees my post, check the integrity of your drive and kodi install folders and do a simple reboot.
Guys is there any way to move the subtitles into he video area completely rather than half in the video area and half in the bottom black bar? Thank you
Anyone please guide me which version of Kodi Ds player is the latest one? I am using 17.6 since an year or so. Is this the latest or we have any updates on this?
(2020-06-03, 10:13)Get2Ricky Wrote: Anyone please guide me which version of Kodi Ds player is the latest one? I am using 17.6 since an year or so. Is this the latest or we have any updates on this?
Yeah this is the latest and most likely the last version.
9.1 Cinema Room htpc with Kodi Matrix & emby server~Epson EH-TW9300~Homemade 8ft pj screen~AVR~Yamaha RX-A3070~Speakers~Monitor Audio RX6 Fronts & RX Centre~RXFX Surrounds~250's Rears~180's Front Presence~BK XXLS400 Sub~8033C AntiMode~HarmonyOne

(2020-06-03, 11:00)wints Wrote:
(2020-06-03, 10:13)Get2Ricky Wrote: Anyone please guide me which version of Kodi Ds player is the latest one? I am using 17.6 since an year or so. Is this the latest or we have any updates on this?
Yeah this is the latest and most likely the last version.

Ohh so support ended for Dsplayer? But can we get any improvement by just updating MADvr files if its being updated that is?
(2020-06-03, 04:00)mkohman Wrote: Guys is there any way to move the subtitles into he video area completely rather than half in the video area and half in the bottom black bar? Thank you
You can move them wherever you want. You do this by configuring the subtitles filter. Typically XySubFilter.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
Guys i have a question.
If i set NCP to 24Hz and 12bit color, playing MKV's with TrueHD sounds, i am getting audio dropouts. If i set NCP to 24Hz 8 bit everything is ok

Any thoughts ?

EDIT. Found it, forgot to update LAV to newer version
Have you tried using a different (HDMI?!) cable?
I always wanted to replace my no name hdmi  cable and i found the opportunity now. Just ordered new from monoprice (even though my problem is fixed with Lav update )
Hi guys,
I need your help: I have installed the KODI 17.7 over the 17.6 last night and since I can not work with the keyboard short cuts for my madVR anymore: e.c. ctrl+j is not working, neither I can switch between the different madVR settings, madVR is running on Windows10 properly but the short cut won't work in Windows as well.
Any idea what happened here and any solution for the issue? 

Thank you all in advance 

Katana2
  • 510(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows47