Problem: Kore music download only creates empty folders
I am using Kore 1.2.1 from F-Droid. Remote controlling my RaspBMC works fine.

However, when I try to download music (either by pressing the download button on the album screen or by selecting the corresponding context menu item of a track), Kore only generates the artist and album folders, but does not actually download the (FLAC) track files.

This is on Android 4.2.1.
When you go to the Downloads app, do you see the files there, without any error?
No. The files are listed, but there is a tag "download error". I can retry from there, but this fails again.
I'd like to bump this thread.

I'm having problems downloading to my phone. Every time I try to download an album or song the download icon appears briefly and then stops.

If I open downloads it lists the tracks with "unsuccessful" next to them.

I'm rooted.

It feels like a permissions problem?
In my remote app sometimes users have a similar problem and it is usually due to a security "feature" in Kodi which prevents downloading files through the Kodi webserver for paths that are not defined in sources.xml

This usually happens if you scan music files from an external drive into the Kodi library without creating a source in Kodi. ( The usb drive gets automatically mounted and you can scan the files into the library without adding an entry in sources.xml)

To fix it you can do the following:
In Kodi go to Music -> Files -> Add music... and create a new source with the root folder of your music collection.
Thanks for taking the time to post.

I can't verify this at the moment - my phone's away getting fixed - but it seems like a perfectly logical reason why the downloads fail the way they do.

Will post as soon as I can confirm, but have the highest hopes this will solve this problem.

Thanks again.
This is a known issue (at least to me) and happens when trying to download files while not connected through one of the allowed network connections. Have a look at the settings in Kore and select the correct network types for downloads. Be sure to select Any if you want to download using an USB OTG ethernet adapter.
Now using Kore 2.1.0 with Kodi 16.1 from LibreELEC 7.0.2: downloading works.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem: Kore music download only creates empty folders0