• 3(current)
WIP My VEVO
(2015-05-01, 13:31)v8surf Wrote: Loving the addon, but iI seem to be having massive buffering issues with the Nashville station for some reason?
But if I go to videos(or artists)/country/... and pick from there the buffering issues go away most of the time. I think that when the buffering is still there its due to a poor internet connection, but I can go straight from perfect video if I pick it, straight back to buffering every 10-20 seconds if I choose the Nashville channel.

I'm in New Zealand if that makes a difference? Not using a proxy or VPN, but my ISP has global mode enabled so I can get it direct.

Cheers,
Graeme
You most likely have a slow internet link. For the live channels you need a 4-5 Mbps link. Possibly the "global mode" only supports to a certain bandwidth as well.
Good old NZ internet.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Just trying this out, I'm in the UK but it doesn't seem to work, I just get a script error.

Here is the debug log:

Code:
11:51:24 T:2652   DEBUG: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory (plugin://plugin.video.myvevo/)
11:51:24 T:2652   DEBUG:   ParentPath = [plugin://plugin.video.myvevo/]
11:51:24 T:2652   DEBUG: XFILE::CPluginDirectory::StartScript - calling plugin VEVO('plugin://plugin.video.myvevo/','110','')
11:51:24 T:2652   DEBUG: XFILE::CPluginDirectory::WaitOnScriptResult - waiting on the VEVO (id=119) plugin...
11:51:24 T:3364  NOTICE: Thread LanguageInvoker start, auto delete: false
11:51:24 T:3364    INFO: initializing python engine.
11:51:24 T:3364   DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(119, C:\Users\Carl\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.myvevo-master\default.py): start processing
11:51:24 T:2652   DEBUG: Joystick 0 button 1 Up
11:51:24 T:2652   ERROR: Control 50 in window 10025 has been asked to focus, but it can't
11:51:24 T:3364  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
11:51:24 T:3364   DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(119, C:\Users\Carl\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.myvevo-master\default.py): the source file to load is "C:\Users\Carl\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.myvevo-master\default.py"
11:51:24 T:3364   DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(119, C:\Users\Carl\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.myvevo-master\default.py): setting the Python path to C:\Users\Carl\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.myvevo-master;C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\DLLs;C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\Lib;C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\python27.zip;C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\lib\plat-win;C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\lib\lib-tk;C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi;C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python;C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\lib\site-packages
11:51:24 T:3364   DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(119, C:\Users\Carl\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.myvevo-master\default.py): entering source directory C:\Users\Carl\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.myvevo-master
11:51:24 T:3364   DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(119, C:\Users\Carl\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.myvevo-master\default.py): instantiating addon using automatically obtained id of "plugin.video.myvevo" dependent on version 2.1.0 of the xbmc.python api
11:51:24 T:3364   DEBUG: VEVO: getRequest URL:http://www.vevo.com/browse
11:51:25 T:3364   DEBUG: Previous line repeats 1 times.
11:51:25 T:3364   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>
                                            Error Contents: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'group'
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\Carl\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.myvevo-master\default.py", line 541, in <module>
                                                if mode==  None:  getSources()
                                              File "C:\Users\Carl\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.myvevo-master\default.py", line 138, in getSources
                                                a = getBase()
                                              File "C:\Users\Carl\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.myvevo-master\default.py", line 129, in getBase
                                                blob = re.compile('config:(.+?)cdn:').search(html).group(1)
                                            AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'group'
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
11:51:25 T:3364    INFO: Python script stopped
11:51:25 T:3364   DEBUG: Thread LanguageInvoker 3364 terminating
11:51:25 T:2652   DEBUG:  XFILE::CPluginDirectory::WaitOnScriptResult - plugin exited prematurely - terminating
11:51:25 T:2652   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.myvevo/
11:51:25 T:2652   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.myvevo/) failed
11:51:25 T:2652   DEBUG: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory ()
11:51:25 T:2652   DEBUG:   ParentPath = [plugin://plugin.video.myvevo/]
11:51:25 T:3348  NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false
11:51:25 T:3348   DEBUG: Thread BackgroundLoader 3348 terminating
11:51:25 T:2652   DEBUG: ------ Window Init (DialogKaiToast.xml) ------
11:51:25 T:2652   DEBUG: ------ Window Deinit (DialogAddonInfo.xml) ------
11:51:34 T:2168   DEBUG: Thread JobWorker 2168 terminating (autodelete)
11:51:37 T:2652   DEBUG: ------ Window Deinit (DialogKaiToast.xml) ------
11:51:38 T:936    INFO: CFileCache::Process - Hit eof.
(2015-05-03, 12:55)Spies Wrote: Just trying this out, I'm in the UK but it doesn't seem to work, I just get a script error.

Please don't put debug logs in a forum post. Post them to pastebin.com or xbmclogs.com, and when you post put the entire log there.
From the bit I can see, you may need a proxy or you are being redirected to a local version of vevo. Using a browser try accessing this url:
http://www.vevo.com/browse and let me know what you see.
Originals, Premiers, Top Video of the week etc.
(2015-05-04, 18:45)Spies Wrote: Originals, Premiers, Top Video of the week etc.

I tried the addon through a UK proxy and it works fine. Can I ask you to load the url in a browser again and this time select "View Page Source" (usually a right click on the page will bring up a menu which will allow this view). When you have the page source loaded, do a select all (usually a CTRL-A) and copy (usually a CTRL-C) and then do a paste (usually a CTRL-V) to notepad or some editor, save the file and then post it to pastebin.com or xbmclogs.com. I'm guessing that there is a substantial difference in the website code from what I'm able to see. I haven't a clue why. I know that folks in Europe have been able to use the addon with no issues. Thanks
I have have been testing Vevo on my windows machine and most things seem ok, however Vevo TV doesnt seem to work. Maybe thats a geo location issue, Im testing from France at the moment?

However, when i test on iOS I have more problems:

- Favourite Artists doesnt open (script error)
- Playlists open however playing a video causes a total crash of my device or of kodi.

Here is the debug log: http://xbmclogs.com/ph6iz8loy

Let me know if you want me to test something or post more logs Smile
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
(2015-05-11, 11:59)jmh2002 Wrote: I have have been testing Vevo on my windows machine and most things seem ok, however Vevo TV doesnt seem to work. Maybe thats a geo location issue, Im testing from France at the moment?

- Playlists open however playing a video causes a total crash of my device or of kodi.

A debug log from both platforms would be a starting place.
Please enable the debug logging and verbose curl library logging (Settings->System->Debug Logging).
You may be right about geo on the Vevo TV.
On the IOS platform, I'm guessing that you may have a build which doesn't support https in ffmpeg.
(2015-05-11, 11:59)jmh2002 Wrote: I have have been testing Vevo on my windows machine and most things seem ok, however Vevo TV doesnt seem to work. Maybe thats a geo location issue, Im testing from France at the moment?

1) I don't see anything related to Vevo TV in the log.

2) I believe that the script error is because there is no music library on the system, or (much less likely)XBMC 13.2 doesn't support everything being used for Favourite Artists, or at least not on the IOS platform.

3) I don't see what may cause the crash. XBMC seems to be playing a m3u8 and I don't see anything weird. Possibly the debug info isn't getting into the log at the time of crash?
thank you very much, finally vevo works for me.

edit: question: can i add a fav artist by my own and delete the others? seems vevo is connected to my music library i own and under favorite artists there are only them.
That's weird..VEVO TV says "VEVO is not available in your country" now. What's the problem? Being able to have Custom Top Playlists for each genre is it's perks..

Your addon just updated the old VEVO app...when trying out the playlist, I get "HTTP Error 500: Internal Server Error"
(2015-09-02, 15:11)contentryder Wrote: That's weird..VEVO TV says "VEVO is not available in your country" now. What's the problem? Being able to have Custom Top Playlists for each genre is it's perks..

Your addon just updated the old VEVO app...when trying out the playlist, I get "HTTP Error 500: Internal Server Error"

This addon will not change or replace the old VEVO app, so I don't know what you're saying there. Post a full debug log to xbmclogs.com or pastebin.com with the error you're getting and I'll have a look.
my log: http://goo.gl/Xzigw5

Hope it's the current one. I tried VEVO TV with that issue then I tried yours which end up being in Video/add-ons instead of Music/add-ons...

For your add-on, is there anyway to have music videos on continuous play instead of single play?
(2015-09-02, 15:37)contentryder Wrote: my log: http://goo.gl/Xzigw5

Hope it's the current one. I tried VEVO TV with that issue then I tried yours which end up being in Video/add-ons instead of Music/add-ons...

For your add-on, is there anyway to have music videos on continuous play instead of single play?

There's a lot of shit going on in the background with banned addons that makes it extremely difficult to figure out what's going on. Have you actually gone to addon settings for THIS ADDON and set the user name and password? It doesn't look like the autho is going through. Also do you actually have the latest version from the kodi.org repo? The addon id I see is from somewhere else.
Sorry, about the clutter of addons lol....But the VEVO TV addon I got is from here: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=178369

In your version, the playlists is a custom one built in the Vevo website. I don't have login info for it... I prefer a random shuffle playlists like in VEVO TV with Top Lists.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
My VEVO2