Possible to hide R rated movies??
Hi all. I was just wondering if it was possible to hide movies by rating in Kodi? If not, I think this would be a good feature for future versions. If we could select what rated movies or tv shows to display, it would be a good parental control feature.
Your best bet would be to make a smart playlist and have it sort out any ratings you would like. Although, that would be a nice feature for parental control built in!
Another nice way is to seperate sources and make different profiles. One kids and one adult profile. Different profiles have different databases/libraries. So if you sort your adult movies in a different folder like this:

-movies_adult
--movie 1
--movie 2

-movies_the-rest
--movie 3
--movie 4

And only add the 'the rest' folder as a source for the kids profile, you dont need any playlist. In my opinion the better way to seperate movies from kids eyes.
Thanks for the advice. I will keep these ideas in mind. Hopefully there will be a more convenient way in a future release!
(2015-04-05, 01:22)patm95 Wrote: Thanks for the advice. I will keep these ideas in mind. Hopefully there will be a more convenient way in a future release!

You can try using 'Hide Watched' in the slide menu. You just have to 'mark watched' all the R movies and 'mark unwatched' all the kids movies.
Wouldn't be my way, tbh. Because it's too easy for the kids to access those movies. Some parents (and they have all my respect for that) have responsibility to what their kids are able to see and what not.

I would love to see any parental controll in Kodi, too. But until this comes up, a smart playlist or the 'hide watched' doesn't make any sense. It's too easy for the kids to get access. Only seperating profiles, password protect the master (adult) profile and some user permissions to the shares would be a safe way to prevent kids seeing adult movies.

Greets

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Possible to hide R rated movies??0