Weather and musicOSD icon suggestions
Hi wyrm,
I have been customizing apptv to suit my needs and thougt you may be interested in a couple of simple changes I have made:

* The weather page and shelf display shows "Current Conditions(day0)" , "Tomorrow (Day1)", "Day2" .... etc
The current conditions only shows current temperature, not max and min for the day, my thinking being that if you looked at the forcast early in the morning you would know the current temp but not the max / min forcast for the day, I have made it display "Current Conditions(day0)", "Todays forcast", "Tomorrows forcast" ........... etc

* For old eyes like mine it was hard to see the what icon was in focus for the music OSD, I have made the icons turn red when focus is gained.

Regards,
John ......
(2015-04-04, 22:38)jww_289 Wrote: Hi wyrm,
I have been customizing apptv to suit my needs and thougt you may be interested in a couple of simple changes I have made:

* The weather page and shelf display shows "Current Conditions(day0)" , "Tomorrow (Day1)", "Day2" .... etc
The current conditions only shows current temperature, not max and min for the day, my thinking being that if you looked at the forcast early in the morning you would know the current temp but not the max / min forcast for the day, I have made it display "Current Conditions(day0)", "Todays forcast", "Tomorrows forcast" ........... etc

* For old eyes like mine it was hard to see the what icon was in focus for the music OSD, I have made the icons turn red when focus is gained.

Regards,
John ......
John,

Sorry for the very late reply mate, kids home for school holidays and I have not been able to get near the computer. I have just made a push to my github for the skin and have updated the focus icons to help a little with readability, hopefully it helps with point 2. As to point 1. sounds reasonable, will have a think on how to best show the info.

Keep up with the suggestions and I will see what I can do.

Wyrm (AppTV)
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

FAQ's located at :- http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:AppTV
Not a problem Wyrm, my oldest has just brought a 100 year old house up the country, lots of work for him ....... oh hang on that is us !! so it doesn't finish when they leave school Smile

None of my hacks are meant to be "product improvements" I think you have created the best skin for my purposes; but I figure that I would put them out there incase yourself or anyone else would be interested.

The last change was to implement a small pop up window with the date time when F8 is pressed, just an easy way to check the time without moving from the couch.

Next I am going to look at the channel list in live TV, under the channel name is "0 B" ...... not very informative so I might try to replace it with start / end time, duration or something like that ...... that is if I am not up the country restumping an old farm house ...... Smile

Thanks,
Regards,
John ......
(2015-04-25, 04:11)jww_289 Wrote: None of my hacks are meant to be "product improvements" I think you have created the best skin for my purposes; but I figure that I would put them out there incase yourself or anyone else would be interested.
Thank you and it's fine about the suggestions. Skin has certainly benefited from user suggestions in the past, so keep them coming. But, sometimes the suggestions are just not possible, for example

Quote:The last change was to implement a small pop up window with the date time when F8 is pressed, just an easy way to check the time without moving from the couch.
Sorry not possible from within the skin engine as we are only given access to a very limited number of key presses/gui events. I can only determine what happens for up, down, left, right and back. As to this issue all I can suggest is to follow my wife's advice to me. "Go get some glasses ya blind old coot" Big Grin

Quote:Next I am going to look at the channel list in live TV, under the channel name is "0 B" ...... not very informative so I might try to replace it with start / end time, duration or something like that
Yes this is something that I had also recently noticed and have added to my changes list to be fixed. Due to the large number of changes to the skin from one of the items in my list (touch/mouse support in the skin) next general release will probably be version 1.1.0 not 1.0.2 as is shown in the Git version of the skin.

Keep the suggestions coming, now back to the coding
Wyrm (AppTV)
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

FAQ's located at :- http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:AppTV

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Weather and musicOSD icon suggestions0