FireTV: Large Numbers and Letters while scrolling in filelists
I'm using your skin on an Amazon FireTV with SPMC 14.1 (based on Kodi 14.1).
Everything works great and all my late problems have been solved by reading this forum/threads. Thanks again.

But now I found a problem I could not solve and I did not find anything about in the forum nor with google:
When using the FireTV remote for fast scrolling through filelists (TV show episodes for example oder AddOns in the setting) there will be displayed large framed numbers and letters on top of the screen. I recognized, that when scrolling through a tv show and the "all seasons" section the number changed from "4" while scrolling over the first season to "8" while scrolling over the second season and so on.
When scrolling over the AddOns the displayed frame contains letters that are derived from the first letter of an add-on.
I'm not sure if this is a debugging-function, but all debugging settings inside the skin are turned off.

If that helps I can try to make a picture, but its not easy because the numbers are only displayed for a short time.

Any ideas?

The problem occurs only at AppTV, other skins (including "confluence") did not so behave.
(2015-04-04, 23:05)UserXXX Wrote: I'm using your skin on an Amazon FireTV with SPMC 14.1 (based on Kodi 14.1).
Everything works great and all my late problems have been solved by reading this forum/threads. Thanks again.

But now I found a problem I could not solve and I did not find anything about in the forum nor with google:
When using the FireTV remote for fast scrolling through filelists (TV show episodes for example oder AddOns in the setting) there will be displayed large framed numbers and letters on top of the screen. I recognized, that when scrolling through a tv show and the "all seasons" section the number changed from "4" while scrolling over the first season to "8" while scrolling over the second season and so on.
When scrolling over the AddOns the displayed frame contains letters that are derived from the first letter of an add-on.
I'm not sure if this is a debugging-function, but all debugging settings inside the skin are turned off.

If that helps I can try to make a picture, but its not easy because the numbers are only displayed for a short time.

Any ideas?

The problem occurs only at AppTV, other skins (including "confluence") did not so behave.
UserXXX,

again sorry about very late reply. This is not a problem and is not something unique to this skin (in fact most skins do this). What it is showing is the sort letter of the currently focused item as you scroll thru the library. Stop scrolling and it will fade. Scroll slowly and it will not show.

Now having said that, I think I could maybe fine tune when it shows so that you would only see it for useful parts of the libraries (Movies, TVShows etc) and not in say the root part of the library. I will take a look when I next get near the computer for a little while.

Wyrm (AppTV)
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

FAQ's located at :- http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:AppTV

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
FireTV: Large Numbers and Letters while scrolling in filelists0