v14 Menu Item random fanart background question
Hello,

I'm a complete Kodi noob (have been using Plex Media Server and Samsung Plex app for a few years) but so far Kodi is working well for me.

My setup:
1. My files are served from a NAS.
2. Kodi 14.2 (with Aeon Nox skin) is running on a HP Stream Mini 200 (Windows 8.1) connected via Ethernet to the NAS and via HDMI to the Samsung LCD tv. It all works very well.

I've added my sources, and my videos are in folders on the NAS.
- A folder for TV shows with sub-folders for each series.
- A folder for animated films
- A folder for sci fi movies
- A folder for concert films
- Etcetera, etcetera

Kodi has successfully scraped them all. I've edited the home screen menu items to have a menu item for each category or folder. They point to the source folders and when selected show only the animated films, or sci fi, or concerts, or TV shows, etc.

My problem:

When I edit the home screen menu items (using the Home Screen section of Skin Settings) to show random fan art as a background it picks fan art from all the sources, not just the source specific to the menu item. I'd like only sci fi fanart for the sci fi button, animated film fanart for that button, etc.

I did search the forum (and Google) before posting this question, but with no luck. Am I missing something obvious in the settings menus?

Thank you for any and all help :-)
Matrix 19.x (LE), Aeon Nox SiLVO, NUC8i5BEK (i5-8259U, Intel Iris Plus Graphics 655, 16 GB ram, 128 GB M.2 SSD)
Samsung F6300 46" LED LCD TV, SMSL Q5 Pro amplifier, Pioneer HPM-100 speakers
Synology DS215j NAS fileserver (WD Gold 10TB x 2)
I may be wrong. It's happened before.Smile But I don't think you can set it up that way. One option would be to create fanart folders for each source and then select them for the background.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
Hi Guys
Just installed Aeon Nox yesterday on Kodi 14. I absolutely love it so far.

The fan art works when I'm in the Genesis itself flicking through tv shows for examples.
But when I am on the main screen of Kodi it doesnt.. I have the widget enabled for Tv shows and Movies (and have selected random Tv / Movie fanart).
I just get a loading symbol appear in the widget but no art ever appears there..
I also have fan art enabled for the main background but that doesnt work either Sad
It just sticks with the astronaut background.
btw, I do have Artwork Downloader installed.

Not sure if it makes a difference, but I dont use the library functionality. I stream everything online via Genesis. I dont have a nas drive or anything like that.

Could anyone possibly help me pleaseee Smile
@ "djustoe"
Please read the forum rules about banned addons, I'm sure you are aware of it (Joined: Jul 2008)

Try and seek help from the author of the addon
@ "whysoserious"

For the individual backgrounds I've setup smart playlists using Aeon Nox (shednox version). You choose the playlist for the background so that only the art from that specific folder is displayed. Instead of the cases you choose specific playlist.

Refer post/s: 1848/1863 & 1864

[MOD] AEON SHEDNOX HELIX [v.3.0 - UPDATED: FEB. 25th, 2015] (Aeon Nox 4.1.9.9 based)
Thank you wgstarks and k4sh1n for the suggestions, and the link! I'll take a look at both of those solutions, and give them a shot :-)
Matrix 19.x (LE), Aeon Nox SiLVO, NUC8i5BEK (i5-8259U, Intel Iris Plus Graphics 655, 16 GB ram, 128 GB M.2 SSD)
I have the same problem (no Genesis). The menu backgrounds (Music, Movies, TV Shows, etc.) do not change from the skin default. I've changed the settings and tried random movies, for example. The background does not change. Any suggestions?
@ "chauncey"

Just wondering on your setup, Aeon Nox 5 or Shednox?
You have individual folder for each content type/menu required?
You have set out a playlist for each playlist menu item required?
You have added each playlist to playlist manager in custom skins settings?
You have chosen the required playlist for background per custom menu item setup?
(2015-04-06, 14:54)k4sh1n Wrote: @ "whysoserious"

For the individual backgrounds I've setup smart playlists using Aeon Nox (shednox version). You choose the playlist for the background so that only the art from that specific folder is displayed. Instead of the cases you choose specific playlist.

Refer post/s: 1848/1863 & 1864

[MOD] AEON SHEDNOX HELIX [v.3.0 - UPDATED: FEB. 25th, 2015] (Aeon Nox 4.1.9.9 based)

Just wanted to report that I followed your suggestion k4sh1n, and it works great. It took a bit of trying/failing but using smart playlists for the menu items gives me the random fanart backgrounds from the appropriate playlists.

Thanks!
Nicely done!!! Smile
(2015-04-14, 05:56)k4sh1n Wrote: @ "chauncey"

Just wondering on your setup, Aeon Nox 5 or Shednox?
You have individual folder for each content type/menu required?
You have set out a playlist for each playlist menu item required?
You have added each playlist to playlist manager in custom skins settings?
You have chosen the required playlist for background per custom menu item setup?

Shednox and yes to the first item. I did not know that I had to create playlists of background images.
The playlist is for menu items, but will give artwork from that specific list

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Menu Item random fanart background question0