Rytec EPG
Hi JinJin,

Yes, PVR Manager tries to update EPG for channels with no epg data every 5 mins. I cannot control this into addon. But there is a possibility to control this via advancedsettings.xml like in this example:
Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <epg>
    <updateemptytagsinterval>10800</updateemptytagsinterval>
    <updatecheckinterval>10800</updatecheckinterval>
    <activetagcheckinterval>10800</activetagcheckinterval>
  </epg>
</advancedsettings>

Edit:
Here is Wiki page which describe these settings http://kodi.wiki/view/Advancedsettings.xml#epg
Oh yes, you can fix it.
Set the default values for these settings to the above stated values.

Willy
(2015-04-14, 13:42)doglover Wrote: Oh yes, you can fix it.
Set the default values for these settings to the above stated values.

Willy

I agree with you on this. Kodi should either try far less often or stop trying after a certain number of failures.

Trying to access the EPG every 5 minutes is likely an issue even for local networks. I just checked my own NAS tonight and found out that this 5 minute check (due to one channel never having EPG data) prevents one of my hard drives from ever sleeping. Apparently it has been doing this for at least a month.
(2015-04-14, 08:09)afedchin Wrote: Hi JinJin,

Yes, PVR Manager tries to update EPG for channels with no epg data every 5 mins. I cannot control this into addon. But there is a possibility to control this via advancedsettings.xml like in this example:
Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <epg>
    <updateemptytagsinterval>10800</updateemptytagsinterval>
    <updatecheckinterval>10800</updatecheckinterval>
    <activetagcheckinterval>10800</activetagcheckinterval>
  </epg>
</advancedsettings>

Edit:
Here is Wiki page which describe these settings http://kodi.wiki/view/Advancedsettings.xml#epg

Hi,

The above settings do not work for me. I'm not using Rytec's xmltv, im using a LAN server, and it is getting hit by every kodi client every 5 minutes, even with the above settings.

Kodi log shows this:
Code:
19:37:07 T:140576670336768  NOTICE: Thread FileCache start, auto delete: false
19:37:26 T:140576580024064  NOTICE: AddOnLog: PVR IPTV Simple Client: EPG Loaded: http://htpc:8000/epg
Provide full Debug Log please
I have the similar problem: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...id=2006157

My server is sending Last-Modified header, but the problem is that people put wrong URL in plugin EPG setting, XMLTV URL. They put HTML dynamic page or home page.

What should server answer to Kodis (IPTV client) request "HEAD /xmltv HTTP/1.1" so it does not send batch of 50-100 reequest? Is there a way to fake it?

Edit: I found that first request to server is "GET /xmltv/" and others "HEAD /xmltv/" is the number of tv channels in kodi. Why send one same request per every channel?
I appreciate the main cause of the issue here is unnecessary requests, but doglover, have you considered putting these files behind a CDN to releave some of the load. I've had really good results with cloudflare so will happily give you a hand if you want it.
Hi,

i use the newest millhouse build of libreelec for raspberry py 3. I use rytec every day, but now i cant see the settings screen. they changed something in kodi, so you have to update the addon i think. can you have a look at this?
This is a Kodi bug/feature. Please just disable the addon or go back to a stable kodi version.
but i want to use it. I use the newest build because of Netflix and Amazon!!
As it seems to be a feature, ill try to update the addon this week.
With the update you will probably have to delete the service.rytecepgdownloader folder in userdata/addon_data/
yes, that would be great!! Thx alot!! You are my hero Wink
Update is out btw
delete the folder, restart kodi, set settings and restart again.
Hi,

thx for your work!! It works now perfekt!!!

Is it difficult to update the addons? Because of the ivacy addon. It has the same problem. perhaps you can send me how to do that?

Greets

Antaril
Hi,

sorry for my bad english, i come from Germany and have a question about Rytec EPG Downloader...

I use Kodi 17.3 on Amazon Fire TV Stick 2. Gen and on PC (for testing) i made my EPG List with the Addon Rytec EPG Version 17.8.10

It works until yesterday without any Problems - but since this morning, i have big Problems - All the EPGs are gone (only 5 or 6 Channels from my list have EPG, i don´t know why)

I think i tried everything - i can´t get a new EPG List with the Rytec Addon - i use the Code 3025, get the channels from germany/Austria and Swiss - and start "manual Download" - but no new EPG List is build after this...

I tried to delete the RytecFolder / Restart, set setting (but no "merged-EPG is build") and restart -

but nothing happen (no EPG)

Please can you help me !!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Rytec EPG0