Tv show DVD rip (vob) episode problem
Hi,
I'm running Pi2 with latest openelec, I ripped my Dvd's (with dvd shrinnk to remove the menu's) and put all the files in corresponding folders.
In this particular case there are 4 episodes per DVD
structure:
TVshows/Grey's Anatomy/S9e01e02e03e04 -> here are the files from DVD1
TVshows/Grey's Anatomy/S9e05e06e07e08 -> here are the files from DVD2....

The where all succefully scrapped, but when i watch the first episode, kodi marks the 4 as watched and when i want to watch the second or third episode, the first one always starts to play, i have to go to the end of the first episode to have the second episode to play, it seems like kodi sees it as 1 big episode, but they are 4 episodes scrapped and when i play them the lengt is correct (+- 45min).
It is not like kodi would says 3hours (4x45min)

Anyone ever had this problem?

edit: structure was not correct.
no one?
Why not rip to individual mkvs? One per episode.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Further to "nickr" suggestion, as you already have the files, perhaps split them to individual episodes.
Sure I read somewhere that identification of episodes can be controlled with the use of bookmarks - sorry don't use DVD folder structure - like previous posters I break out the files seperately to mkv.

Have a look at this might help http://kodi.wiki/view/Bookmarks

May be that will only work for multi-episodes within a single file (ISO, mkv, avi etc) - rather than DVD structure - try it and see.
Thanks
I will look into that.
I did it like this because this looked the easiest way.
How do you guys go from the original DVD to individual Mkv episodes easily (read rapidly) without losing quality and original subs?
I m open to other possibilities ...

Ps: without DVD menus
There are lots of free ones available, Google: split video files, here's one I came across: Aimersoft Video Splitter
Makemkv. No quality loss at all.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2015-04-11, 00:32)nickr Wrote: Makemkv. No quality loss at all.

+1
thank you so much, makemkv is wonderfull!
it's so easy to get THISjob done.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Tv show DVD rip (vob) episode problem0