PVR with DreamBox 500s and Rpi2
Hi, I have a Rpi2 with OpenElec on it and a DreamBox 500s. I want to watch my tv (dreambox 500s) on my Rpi2 on OpenElec (Kodi).
It's possible to do that?

How I can found a tutorial or some help for that?
I Just need to activate the option in the kodi's menu and choose Enigma, put the ip address of my DM?

Thanks for your answer.

Sorry for my english (I'm a french user...)
Why don't you try it? I use dream boxes through a dvblink backend and you need to ensure the dream box is on standby mode.
Kodi 16.1 on main HTPC Win 7 64-bit, 8 GB RAM, Quad Core 2.4 Ghz
3 x Pi2 running Kodi 16.1 (OSMC)
TVHeadend PVR server providing Freeview HD and Freesat HD
Last night I try, but I don't find de plugin Vu+/Enigma
It should be listed under PVR addons.
AFAIK it's not possible.

Different web interface.
f**k..... started editing without sudo | M.K.

Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
@h.udo it's not possible with a Dm500s?

I found the PVR plugin, I install it, but I don't know whitch port web and port stream I need to choose.

WHere I can choose or find this number port for a DM500s please?
This only works for Enigma2 boxes and not Enigma.
DM500s uses old Enigma and won't work.
You can share tuner on the box with vtuner and use tvheadend with pvr.hts addon instead.
https://code.google.com/p/vtuner/

Intel Core i5 2320 8GB 500GB HDD - Tvheadend + Kodi, Raspberry Pi 3 - LibreELEC, HDHomeRun HDHR3-4DC, Epson TW3200, Pioneer VSX-1123
@Leatherface, thanks for your answer.
If I understand well, I need to install vtuner on my Rpi? And install tvheadend plugin on the rpi too? Configure soft with the ip of my dreambox?
I don't know how I can install vtuner and tvheadend? I don't found some help.
You install vtunerd ppc version on dm500 and vtunerc arm version on rpi + tvheadend.
You also need to compile the kernel module for vtuner on rpi.
For newer kernels you need a patch but i have a already patched version here https://github.com/Leatherface75/vtuner.linux-driver
Hopefully OpenELEC will support this out of box without compiling later.

Intel Core i5 2320 8GB 500GB HDD - Tvheadend + Kodi, Raspberry Pi 3 - LibreELEC, HDHomeRun HDHR3-4DC, Epson TW3200, Pioneer VSX-1123
Another option is adding all streamlinks in tvheadned as IPTV muxes.

Oula, thks. But I don't know how I can install vtunerd ppr om DM500, I never install something on a DM. And I don't know too how compile kernel module.
It's look like very difficult.
In a simple answer "YES"
many people think you ONLY need a special plugin to watch Dreambox 500s in Kodi.
but that's not %100 correct, as you are able to add your dreambox as a media folder.
1 ) Go to Video>Files>Add videos>Browse>Add Network location
2) where it says Windows network (SMB) keep clicking until you get Tuxbox client
3) Go to the server address and input the dreambox IP address > keep the port as it is, add the username default root and the password
click OK.
Click Browse again and pick the tuxbox://ip-address:80/ and then pick the list you want (it will empty, that's normal), then click ok .
4) where it says Enter a name for this media source. and click ok.
5) Click Videos and pick the folder you have just created. pick a channel and enjoy

DONE
Smile
The integrated Tuxbox supporr was removed recently so that approach no longer works.
(2015-08-04, 08:54)negge Wrote: The integrated Tuxbox supporr was removed recently so that approach no longer works.

if you were talking to me, I am using Kodi 14.2 Git:2015-03-26-7cc53a9-dirty along with Dreambox 500s opepli image.
Working fine and I am using it right NOW with the method I mentioned above.
This is a fact.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PVR with DreamBox 500s and Rpi20