• 10(current)
Win KODI4SMARTIE - Kodi DLL for LCD Smartie
Hello,
I downloaded the archive at GitHub, but there is just the sourcecode.
Where can I find the kodi4lcdsmartie.dll?

Thank You!

Chris
It can be found here

https://github.com/vavruska/kodi4smartie....0.2a2.zip
Wow THAT was hidden! 

- or I am too stupid to find it :-)

Thank you!!!!! :-)
Please please please compile a new version based on the latest git commits so that I can test the timeout configuration parameter.
Done. Not sure what is in there since it has been a while but I did a quick test and it seems to load ok.
Thanks very much.  The timeout config functions works great.  I have it set to 1 second on my system, and haven't had any problems.
Just got an lcd for my HTPC is this plugin still active ?

I'm getting Unknown Title is there a fix for this in the last versions ?
I am new to this theme because i bought a used case with Zalman VFD. Most things runs as expexted but some things won't work. From PVR i get no Episode name or Season/Episode no., only the Title. In PVR mode the time bar is only filled with //// not graphical as when i play movies or music. I am not able to get a log file, it will not be created even with logging mode 1. At last i try to get a parameter function for using either playing music or videos or PVR. I would like to have different screens for each of that. Funktion 9 with current state 2 is not helpful for that.
Thanks in advance
HTPC: Windows 10 Pro 22H2, Zalman HD135, Intel i3-7100, GTX 1070, UHD ASUS BW-16D1HT
NAS: Xpenology 7.2 Update 1, Intel i5-6600
(2015-04-07, 14:37)Jakester34 Wrote: Kodi4Smartie

Kodi4Smartie is a DLL plugin for LCD Smartie(http://lcdsmartie.sourceforge.net/) which listens for notification from Kodi and displays information on a 2 line LCD character display. While the default line width is 20 character there is no reason it can't be configured for a short or longer width.

Installation

1) Download the zip file containing the Kodi4Smartie DLL and associated files.
2) Extract the files
3) Copy the kodi4smartie.dll and the kodi4smartie.cfg to the LCD Smartie plugins folder.
4) Copy the cpprest12025.dll to the LCD Smartie folder.

The DLL provides the following LCD Smartie functions:

Function 1: Is meant to be displayed on line 1 of an LCD display. It shows title information as well as other navigation information (FF, rew, Volume)

Function 2: Is meant to be displayed on line 2 of an LCD display. Upon initial playing of a title Kodi4Smartie shows various lines of information about the title. It then shows current progress in a title.

Function 3: Lets you know if Kodi is running. It can be used for custom actions inside LCD Smartie.

Function 4: Displays the current version of the Kodi4Smartie DLL. Not really useful unless you are unsure which version of the DLL you are running.

Configuring LCD Smartie

In the lcd Smartie setup window for line 1 & 2 enter the following:

$dll(Kodi4smartie,1,,)
$dll(Kodi4smartie,2,,)

Configure the following for both lines:

Enable "Don't scroll this line"
Disable "Continue on next line"
Disable "Center Text"

Notifications

Kodi4Smartie listens for the following notifications from Kodi

Player.OnPlay
Player.OnPause
Player.OnStop
Player.OnSpeedChanged
Application.OnVolumeChanged

When the dll receives notifications it will display different information based on which notification is received and which player you are using (movie, song, picture, tv).

Configuration

While I have tried to make Kodi4Smartie somewhat configurable it is also based on what I wanted to see on each screen.

See the Kodi4Smartie.cfg file for information about configuring kodi4smartie.

Source Code

The source code is open source under GPLv3. We will gladly accept any modification as long as they fit into the project. Source code can be found at kodi4smartie.codeplex.com

Bugs?

I primarily use Kodi for viewing movies. While there is support for in the DLL for displaying information about TV, Music and Pictures I have done little testing in this area.

This project has no relation to the project known as xbmc4smartie. It is completely different code

Thank you very much

There is still freaks out there that need these things 

I've just managed to configure my 2007 Antec case VFD in Win 10, after long years in the dark (w10 compatibility issues that seem to be resolved), and now I'm checking out this feature. It does not work for movie or music titles, just pics, but well... shit happens after time. Let me know if you fix it. I will keep the progress bar and write something else 1st line.

Thanks again and regards
Hello there. After years of lurking around and trying to decide if I should use this addon or not, I finally decided to give it a try. And frankly, I'm not regretting.

I have one question however, if Jakester34 is still around. Is there a way to return the value of an InfoBoolean, using function 7 for example, or another one? I'd like to use InfoBooleans to verify conditions in my actions. For the moment, I'm still using a mix of XBMC4LCDSmartie for InfoBooleans and Kodi4Smartie for InfoLabels. Surprisingly, both seem to cooperate without any issue.
Hello,

Thank you, Jakester34, for this great plugin. I finally got myself a vfd display for my htpc. It took a day to figure lcdsmartie out but now I'm very satisfied.
I wanted five dedicated unique screens for movies, tvshows, cable tv channels, music and menu navigation and they all work.

Great job!

Regards,
vmr42
Just started with Kodi on Windows, and found kodi4smartie very useful.
I see some examples with $dll(if, …) where is this ‘if’ coming from? Is this from an dll plugin?
Edit:
Code:
Found the plugin, it is 'if scroll swap':
More details can be found here:
http://lcdsmartie.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.p...ce8e7ff34e
Precompiled pluging:
http://jongrieve.net/software/if_scroll_swap/
/Edit

Are there any dotNET versions required to run specific plugins?

Current config:
xml:
Screen 01:
$Time(hh: nn: ss) | $dll(kodi4smartie,9,,)

Screen 02:
$Time(hh:nnConfuseds)  | $dll(kodi4smartie,5,Player.GetProperties,percentage)

Actions:
$dll(kodi4smartie,9,,) >= 2 then GotoScreen(2)
$dll(kodi4smartie,9,,) <= 1 then GotoScreen(1)
With an ‘if’ options there are more options that I would like to try.
(edit: Still need to look if the 'if' plugin is useful for my use case /edit)

Windows 10
LCDSmartie: v5.4.2.92++
kodi4smartie: kodi4smartie2.0.2a3
I'm trying to have a Recording Indicator using kodi4smartie.

The query towards Kodi is working. If I configure $dll(kodi4smartie,5,PVR.Properties,recording) I see from a Wireshark capture that Kodi is returning the following:
json:
{"id":20677,"jsonrpc":"2.0","result":{"recording":false}}
{"id":20683,"jsonrpc":"2.0","result":{"recording":true}}

If I understand function 5 in dllmain.cpp well it will only return a string value if a string was received from Kodi.
I was thinking of adding a new function 12 similar to function 5 that handles booleans from Kodi and returns the string "true" or "false".
E.g. https://stackoverflow.com/questions/2938...-text-in-c

I'm not familiar with Visual Studio or programming in C++.
I tried to compile the source with Visual Studio 2017 but I get a lot of errors.
Is it possible to compile with VS 2017 or should I look for VS 2010?
Or did I select a wrong version of CppRestSDK?

Managed to compile the source with Visual Studio 2015, VS-2017 and also VS-2019 (after installing 'MSVS v140 - VS 2015 C++ build tools' via the installer, and 'Windows 8.1 SDK' from the Windows download archive) using the kodi4smartie.sln (solution) file.
This also downloaded all the required dependencies. (The resulting build includes 'cpprest140_2_6.dll' i.s.o. 'cpprest140_2_9.dll' so I likely don't have the latest version of the CppRestSDK installed.)
Got it working with the following changes:
cpp:
diff -durN kodi4smartie-2.0.2a3_orig/parse.cpp kodi4smartie-2.0.2a3/parse.cpp
--- kodi4smartie-2.0.2a3_orig/parse.cpp 2017-06-10 04:50:38.000000000 +0200
+++ kodi4smartie-2.0.2a3/parse.cpp      2022-01-07 19:18:29.888050200 +0100
@@ -454,6 +454,10 @@
                        {
                                item_str = to_wstring(item_val.as_number().to_double());
                        }
+                       else if (item_val.is_boolean())
+                       {
+                               item_str = conversions::to_string_t(item_val.as_bool() ? "true" : "false");
+                       }
                        string results = string(item_str.begin(), item_str.end());

sanitize(results);
It was not needed to add another function, just an additional 'else if' statement in parse.cpp.

Using it with screen 1:
xml:
$Time(hh: nn: ss) $dll(if,1,$dll(kodi4smartie,5,PVR.GetProperties,recording)#true,Rec#| $dll(kodi4smartie,9,,))
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
KODI4SMARTIE - Kodi DLL for LCD Smartie0