v15 (nightly) EPG - Episode names????
It was rejected in the first place, but this was a mistake. Was actually fixed yesterday:

https://github.com/tvheadend/tvheadend/c...3dfe6e2683

I plan to add support to pvr.hts tomorrow (if I find the time).
Ok great but i , only se subtitle fix , but what about season/episode info in Kodi ?
I'm not an expert on that epg stuff. I understood that subtitle is a synonym for episode title, right? Please confirm.

If this is true implementing this for pvr.hts is trivial as latest tvheadend now exposes this ordination to programmers.

What else is missing?
Maybe someone can make a screenshot of the thheadend web ui pointing me to the information in question that is displayed there and that is still missing in Kodi?
Image[/img]

Im missing: SubTitle : Generation of Vipers and episode 2 and Season 6 in Kodi
Image[/img]

And this is what kodi shows out of the box with nightly build

Edit i have pm you ksoo with a link for ready to use xmltv.xml files if you need something to test with.
Possible related: https://github.com/tvheadend/tvheadend/c...3dfe6e2683
OK Isengard beta has support for this. Though none of the skins currently displays this.
I modified the aeon nox and confluece to display the episode rather than the genre below the epg grid view (for the selected programme).
And in the info view I replaced the duration with the episode name. The duration is redundant, since start/stop is already shown.
I think I just need to fix the video overlay view now.

Is there a wiki which shows which window is what (other than just naming them somehow)? It's quite a bit of guess work to associate the list of windows names in the wiki to the actual display on the screen.

Aeon nox has an issue, in that it always shows the channel group over the running video.
(2015-05-02, 17:37)ksooo Wrote: I'm not an expert on that epg stuff. I understood that subtitle is a synonym for episode title, right? Please confirm.

If this is true implementing this for pvr.hts is trivial as latest tvheadend now exposes this ordination to programmers.

What else is missing?

In xmltv 'subtitle' is taken from what dvb calls title-description. It is normally used to hold the episode name.
In xmltv 'sub-title' (note the hyphen) holds any text subtitles...
I manged to modify the epg grid and the showinfo dialog to include the episode name.
IMHO in general all views (execpt the the grid itself) should imho contain the episode name.
I.e the 'timers' dialog is pretty useless without this
channel title time status

No chance of seeing which episode is being recorded, in order to maybe delete that one ...[/php]
Great. Have you thought about contributing this (github)?
I can post my changes to the 2 xml files here, but contributing would require a better understanding of the vast list of windows and how they are fed. I still don't understand how a TV show is represented in the various windows/dialogs and why the episode name is not an integral part of it. Heck, I still haven't found all the xml files related to pvr views, I.e. I don't know which xml file actually displays what. The wiki list of windows is nice, but not nearly as helpfull as I thought.
Also, for all I know, this might require redesigning all the pvr related windows, starting with getting rid of the term 'timer' and replacing it with e.g. 'reocrding' or 'scheduled recording' and 'series recording'.

I also still have to find out how post attachments here, pics, etc.
edit:
Oh, I need a different url for that?, well nope, have to do without then.
(2015-05-02, 12:44)ksooo Wrote: It was rejected in the first place, but this was a mistake. Was actually fixed yesterday:

https://github.com/tvheadend/tvheadend/c...3dfe6e2683

I plan to add support to pvr.hts tomorrow (if I find the time).

Did you find something to bring subtitle, season and episode to Kodi ?
The problem had two sides.

First, is extending the pvr add-on. This is done for pvr.hts now and should find its way into one of the next releases.

Second, the skins have to pick up and display this information, rich currently (at least to my knowledge) confluence does not. And dining is not my thing, you know....
a/dining/skinning

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
(nightly) EPG - Episode names????0