Release Video Addon for tubi tv
V1.0.9 in my git and test repo:
[url]https://github.com/learningit/plugin.video.tubitv/url]

Fixes for website change.

If you have installed my test repo:
https://github.com/learningit/repository...odi_addons

You should get an "auto-update" or "update available" message, depending on your "auto-update" setting. You may need to do a "Check for updates" to see the new version.

I've made a pull request for the kodi.org repo, should be updated in a few days.
ok
Even more full TV series content for Gerry Anderson fans added: UFO, Stingray, Supercar and Captain Scarlet all in HD, in addition to previously added Thunderbirds, Fireball XL, Joe-90, and Space:1999
I am getting a HTTP Error 503 Service unavailable message on all TV Shows using a Smart DNS to unblock the service.

Content works fine in browser and there is no error in kodi debug log.
Is there anything different with TV Shows?

Code:
16:57:17 T:5780   DEBUG: ------ Window Deinit (DialogKaiToast.xml) ------
16:57:18 T:5780   DEBUG: CInputManager::ProcessMouse: trying mouse action wheeldown
16:57:35 T:5780   DEBUG: Previous line repeats 25 times.
16:57:35 T:5780   DEBUG: SECTION:UnloadDelayed(DLL: special://xbmcbin/system/ImageLib.dll)
16:57:35 T:5780   DEBUG: CInputManager::ProcessMouse: trying mouse action leftclick
16:57:35 T:5780   DEBUG: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory (plugin://plugin.video.tubitv/?mode=GE&name=UFO%20(Series)&url=.%2fvideo%3fid%3d295157%26title%3dS01%3aE01_-_Identified)
16:57:35 T:5780   DEBUG:   ParentPath = [plugin://plugin.video.tubitv/?mode=GS&name=New%20Arrivals&url=%2fcategory%3fid%3d1643]
16:57:35 T:4952   DEBUG: XFILE::CPluginDirectory::StartScript - calling plugin tubi tv('plugin://plugin.video.tubitv/','6','?mode=GE&name=UFO%20(Series)&url=.%2fvideo%3fid%3d295157%26title%3dS01%3aE01_-_Identified')
16:57:35 T:4952   DEBUG: XFILE::CPluginDirectory::WaitOnScriptResult - waiting on the tubi tv (id=42) plugin...
16:57:35 T:7700  NOTICE: Thread LanguageInvoker start, auto delete: false
16:57:35 T:7700    INFO: initializing python engine.
16:57:35 T:7700   DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(42, L:\Users\Uta\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.tubitv\default.py): start processing
16:57:35 T:7700  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
16:57:35 T:7700   DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(42, L:\Users\Uta\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.tubitv\default.py): the source file to load is "L:\Users\Uta\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.tubitv\default.py"
16:57:35 T:7700   DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(42, L:\Users\Uta\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.tubitv\default.py): setting the Python path to L:\Users\Uta\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.tubitv;L:\Program Files\Kodi\system\python\DLLs;L:\Program Files\Kodi\system\python\Lib;L:\Program Files\Kodi\python27.zip;L:\Program Files\Kodi\system\python\lib\plat-win;L:\Program Files\Kodi\system\python\lib\lib-tk;L:\Program Files\Kodi;L:\Program Files\Kodi\system\python;L:\Program Files\Kodi\system\python\lib\site-packages
16:57:35 T:7700   DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(42, L:\Users\Uta\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.tubitv\default.py): entering source directory L:\Users\Uta\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.tubitv
16:57:35 T:7700   DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(42, L:\Users\Uta\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.tubitv\default.py): instantiating addon using automatically obtained id of "plugin.video.tubitv" dependent on version 2.1.0 of the xbmc.python api
16:57:36 T:5780   DEBUG: ------ Window Init (DialogBusy.xml) ------
16:57:36 T:7700   DEBUG: tubi tv: getRequest URL:http://tubitv.com./video?id=295157&title=S01:E01_-_Identified
16:57:36 T:4952   DEBUG: Previous line repeats 1 times.
16:57:36 T:4952   DEBUG: XFILE::CPluginDirectory::WaitOnScriptResult- plugin returned successfully
16:57:36 T:7700    INFO: CPythonInvoker(42, L:\Users\Uta\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.tubitv\default.py): script successfully run
I don't have any way to test this right now. An HTTP 503 error is supposed to be a "temporarily unavailable" error. I'm have no idea what that means in this situation. The only thing I can think of is that I noticed that some of the newer content (both movies and tv) seem to come from a 3rd party domain which may have stricter geo-checks.
I have a new version 2.0.5 which has been added to the Isengard and higher kodi.org repo which should update in a day or two.
As the earlier Gotham version breaks, I will not be updating or supporting the older version in the Gotham repo.

There have been a number of issues with this addon not working on some pre-Helix platforms due to lack of ssl support in ffmpeg and subtitles have been wanky at best.
The new version cleans that up and adds better metadata caching through the use of a common library which will make support for my 40+ addons easier and more timely.

There is also a fix for the newer videos which were sometimes giving an HTTP 503 error (I hope it works for folks).
(2015-12-02, 18:34)learningit Wrote: I have a new version 2.0.5 which has been added to the Isengard and higher kodi.org repo which should update in a day or two.

There is also a fix for the newer videos which were sometimes giving an HTTP 503 error (I hope it works for folks).

This addon just stopped working for me. I'm using Kodi 15 on a Raspberry Pi, using version 2.0.5 of the addon.

I never had an issue before. I could use it without creating an account.

Thinking that was the problem, I created an account, and put in the username and password and it still doesn't work.

The addon loads, but if I go to the movie genre directories, like "Comedy", "Horror", "Not on Netflix", etc- nothing happens. The folder won't open. No error message, just nothing. I don't get a list of movies no matter what folder I click on.

This is happening on 2 different Raspberry Pi's...

I don't know if this is what you need or if I even did this right, but:

http://pastebin.com/wN2CSRNc

This stuff is hard for me... but I'm trying... lol
The website changed (yet again), I have done a pull request for the kodi.org repo and the addon should update to version 2.0.6 in a few days.

For those who understand how to edit the default.py file the following is a quick fix:

in default.py find the following:
Code:
def getAddonShows(self,url,ilist):
a few rows below the above line, change this:
Code:
shows = re.compile("<A class='img_box' href='(.+?)'.+?src='(.+?)'.+?title'>(.+?)<.+?description'>(.+?)<.+?</A",re.DOTALL).findall(html)
to this:
Code:
shows = re.compile("<A class=.+?href='(.+?)'.+?src='(.+?)'.+?title'>(.+?)<.+?description'>(.+?)<.+?</A",re.DOTALL).findall(html)
(2015-12-15, 04:55)learningit Wrote: The website changed (yet again), I have done a pull request for the kodi.org repo and the addon should update to version 2.0.6 in a few days.

For those who understand how to edit the default.py file the following is a quick fix:

in default.py find the following:
Code:
def getAddonShows(self,url,ilist):
a few rows below the above line, change this:
Code:
shows = re.compile("<A class='img_box' href='(.+?)'.+?src='(.+?)'.+?title'>(.+?)<.+?description'>(.+?)<.+?</A",re.DOTALL).findall(html)
to this:
Code:
shows = re.compile("<A class=.+?href='(.+?)'.+?src='(.+?)'.+?title'>(.+?)<.+?description'>(.+?)<.+?</A",re.DOTALL).findall(html)

I'm sure that's great advice, but... I'll wait for the update. I can't do what you do. lol

Thanks for the great addons, yours are really awesome. :-)

And thanks for always being on top of things when there is a problem. :-)
After my last update, there was another website change. This one affects TV series so that they won't load episodes.
V2.0.7 will fix this, a pull request for the kodi.org repo has been done, takes a few days to update.
Also in my git: https://github.com/learningit/plugin.video.tubitv
(2015-12-17, 08:42)learningit Wrote: After my last update, there was another website change. This one affects TV series so that they won't load episodes.
V2.0.7 will fix this, a pull request for the kodi.org repo has been done, takes a few days to update.
Also in my git: https://github.com/learningit/plugin.video.tubitv

This addon is broken for me again. I am using version 2.0.7 on Kodi 15.2.

It worked a few days ago, now it keeps asking for login credentials, which are already set up in configuration. It's not just tv shows- nothing will play.

Happening on multiple RPi2's. Undecided

http://pastebin.com/aiSjzvH2

Thanks for any help.
I'll get to it sometime in the new year. They decided to use AES encryption on the urls. Just takes a bit of time to fix.
(2015-12-23, 21:28)learningit Wrote: I'll get to it sometime in the new year. They decided to use AES encryption on the urls. Just takes a bit of time to fix.

Thank you, and a Merry Xmas and Happy New Year to you! :-)
(2015-12-23, 21:28)learningit Wrote: I'll get to it sometime in the new year. They decided to use AES encryption on the urls. Just takes a bit of time to fix.

Working again, just wanted to say thanks. :-)
(2016-01-06, 02:17)mrsfixit Wrote:

Working again, just wanted to say thanks. :-)

Really? What version are you using?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video Addon for tubi tv0