Kodi compatibility w/ OS 10.6
I have an older MacBook Pro (2006/2007), and I'd like to know if I could run Kodi on it.

OS 10.6.8

Processor 2.16 GHz Intel Core Duo

Memory 2GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM

Graphics Card ATY Radeon X1600

Display 1680x1050 32 bit color
I think you're good.
http://kodi.wiki/view/Supported_hardware#Mac_OS_X
Looks like that meets the minimum requirements according to the wiki.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
Quote:...OSX: In addition to the SDK bump on iOS, we also had to bump the used SDK for Mac OSX operating system to version SDK10.10 This means that you Mac needs at least Mac OSX10.7 “Lion” running to operate Kodi 15.0 Since all devices that run OSX 10.7 “Lion” also have 64bit compliant hardware, we will also stopped building the 32bit version from now on.

http://kodi.tv/kodi-15-0-alpha-1-road-to-isengard/

EDIT:
Info in the above link is incorrect.

Kodi 14.2 14.1 Helix is the last version that will work on OSX 10.6.8 "Snow Leopard"

Clarified this on the wiki as well now...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
14.2 doesn't work afaik. Maybe you could install windows 8.1 32bitWink
In that case you'd need to hunt down an old legacy ati driver too (if the one bootcamp 4.0 doesnt work), I managed to find exactly *one* version of the ati driver that worked with my old PC laptop with ati x1250 for windows 8.1.

Apple says windows 8.1 isn't supported for their non 64bit macs, but I used bootcamp 4.0 and it works fine except for bluetooth. (In an non upgraded old mac mini 2006) i have another mac mini 2006 which is upgraded with a core2duo cpu and I'm about to install windows 8.1 64bit on that machine. Snow Leopard was great for its time, but its time to finally let it go. Sorry for being a bit OTWink
I tried Kodi 14.2, but it didn't work. It installed but wouldn't open.

Is there an older version of Kodi anywhere that I could try?

I have XBMC Frodo on it, but it's kinda buggy and doesn't work smoothly. Is there a newer version of XBMC anywhere?

I'd feel really silly installing Windows 8.1 just to run Kodi. I have a newer MacBook that's usually my main computer, but it needs repairs. So I'm back to using the old one in the mean time.
http://mirrors.kodi.tv/releases/
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
Hello , is it possible to compile recent Kodi for Snow Leopard -- similar as on Linux/unix Debian?

Thanks
No
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
come on, i was planning to compile it on a macpro with really good graphic card ... why should it not work? i was able to compile it on an old powermac g5 running linux ...
Because kodi uses features that are not available in the snow leopard sdk. Come on?
Macports, Homebrew, of no help?
Sdk - that means snow leopard has not the needed capabilities to run the kodi binary because it is missing function calls we use.
If it was just about compiling - why would we have dropped support for snow leopard in the first place in your opinion?
i am sorry but of no expertise in this field ... i just don't see big difference from the different kodi versions so therefore i thought there must be a way ... but hey, i might just be wrong + too eagerly sticking to old piece of software. i like snow leopard because it allows me to run still powerpc software. thats it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi compatibility w/ OS 10.60