• 20(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 2
(2015-04-28, 12:06)Gregoire Wrote: As I remember the last "reboot" it was a sudden black screen and then the kodi logo. So I guess it must have been kodi restarting.

Then you should have at least one crashlog - if you upload the last 2-3 crashlogs it should be possible to confirm that Kodi is crashing at the same point each time.

Hopefully the crashlogs contain a useable backtrace, otherwise you'll need to try a debug-enabled build but unfortunately standard OpenELEC partition sizes complicate matters enormously.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2015-04-23, 00:10)Patrics83 Wrote:
(2015-04-20, 23:02)Patrics83 Wrote:
(2015-04-20, 14:36)popcornmix Wrote: Might be worth trying again with next build which should include PR6988 which fixes a regression with DVD menus.

Thanks, I will test and let you know!

Just a quick report before I go to bed.

With build #0420 & #0421 DVD menus works better again but some of my movies made Kodi to freeze before the menu shows up. Hopefully I will come home earlier from work tomorrow so I can provide some logs for you.

However the playback isn't as smooth as with <#0405 builds.
Only positive thing is that even if the playback is really choppy from time to time it doesn't get reported as dropped or skipped frames in the playback info like with builds between #0406 - #0419 did.

So I updated from #0405 to #0427 and the choppiness is still there during playback of DVD iso.
Hopefully this debug log tells you what's going on. http://sprunge.us/KJJE

Here's a log when kodi freezes before even getting to the DVD menu. http://sprunge.us/hOjB

Just let me know if there's anything else you need!

Edit: Hmm, this is strange, if I disable OMX and MMAL all my DVDs play smooth again.
(2015-04-28, 08:38)Milhouse Wrote: @illiac4: did you run that vcgencmd command while Kodi is in a restart loop, or had Kodi started successfully? I'm wondering if you might get a different result (ie. an error) while Kodi is restarting.

"vcdbg log msg 2>&1" might be useful too (while Kodi is restarting).

This log was during reboot. Will post it when it is started ok.
I have tried many different options in flash config with hdmi and none helped.
I have to deleted the database folder and delete gui.xml to set the gui to default and after the power off it has bootet successfully.

Oh yes one note. If you delete the guisettings.xml by default all pvr addons are enabled and then you have to go through all and disable them. It would be better that non would be enabled by default.
Sorry for my test delay...

Since from and with #0412 I can't playback any DVD/ISO/25i, without the video, via OMXplayer, is studdering.
Version #0411 is playing fine with OMXplayer.

If I switch to use MMAL, then I offen see many slowmotions in the movie playback, for about 3-5 sec. each time. It look like it's when a new DVD chapter starts, and the video playback is slow, in some seconds. Strange...

Regarding OMXplayer, I always have luck with the "Adjust display refresh rate", but I have also tryed "Sync playback to display", but nothing works.
And regarding the Slowmotion from MMAL, none of the settings help with that.

#0411 is OK
#0412 FAIL's

Thanks and best regards
(2015-04-28, 07:29)Milhouse Wrote:
(2015-04-28, 07:18)illiac4 Wrote: Why those false handshakes occur, cousing kodi constantly to reboot? Can they be avoided? The only way is to power it off for few seconds and then power it on.

http://pastebin.com/3Keyz2y6

This isn't right...
Code:
07:14:43  71.737206 T:1968623616  NOTICE: Raspberry PI firmware version:
07:14:43  71.737350 T:1968623616  NOTICE: ARM mem: 0MB GPU mem: 0MB MPG2:0 WVC1:0

Does this problem happen everytime you boot the Pi? What is in your /flash/config.txt? Which is the first build that has this problem?

Can you connect with ssh and enter "vcgencmd version" and paste the results.

(2015-04-28, 08:38)Milhouse Wrote: @illiac4: did you run that vcgencmd command while Kodi is in a restart loop, or had Kodi started successfully? I'm wondering if you might get a different result (ie. an error) while Kodi is restarting.

"vcdbg log msg 2>&1" might be useful too (while Kodi is restarting).

ATM it has bootet normaly. This si output vcdbg log msg > msg.log 2>&1:
http://pastebin.com/0fa9Tj7K
Hi,
I installed #0427, but still the "clean library" which was told to be fixed on #0422 seems to be broken and it takes 2-3 minutes to clean. It was like 20 second before while it was working properly.
just fyi.
Milhouse, about the failed to play problem I was having when auto playing next video....

I made one change in my router (which I didn't have to do before) and turned on the 'No ACK' feature.
Either that change or #426 Fixed my issue, and it seems even more stable with #427, especially seeking..

Edit, needing 'No ACK' for me may have been caused by "Update wlan-firmware" in #418
New OpenELEC Isengard build #0428: RPi / RPi2
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 4.0.0 #1 Tue Apr 28 22:00:50 BST 2015 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Apr 28 2015 18:46:46
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version f33c3f25a8bdb3522ba6b47871e15897acc223da (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20150428215954-#0428-g160dc2d [Build #0428]

# vcdbg log msg 2>&1 | grep DTOK
001520.662: Kernel trailer DTOK property says yes

# Kernel device tree status: Enabled

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (160dc2d8, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (67d5ae20, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. New firmware
  2. newclock4: Possible fix for images with miscoloured pixels down right edge (see PR:7026) - please test & confirm
  3. kernel: Disable MMC feature that may be linked to SD corruption
Build Details:
  1. Firmware (Apr 28):
    • firmware: arm_loader: Changes to support bcm2835_sdhost driver
  2. XBMC:
    • [win32] CLog: Do not use FlushFileBuffers after each write to file which... (PR:6994, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [seekhandler] get rid of inaccurate seek size percent calculation (PR:7012, 3 commits, 10 files changed)
    • [confluence] update roboto fonts (PR:7010, 2 commits, 4 files changed)
  3. dcadec:
    • Refactor dca_realloc() and move to ta.h. (e8cc2e25)
    • Remove unused defines from ta.h. (4e0e865b)
    • Clean up EXSS parser. (786f1d26)
    • Add library version defines and version query API. (91be2c16)
  4. newclock4:
    • New commits in this build:
      • SlideShowPicture: fix texels to display only filled part of texture instead of displaying whole texture. (5c658fde)
    • Commits no longer in build:
      • player: implement SeekTimeRelative, disable accurate seeking for relative seeks (22f0974f)
      • get rid of inaccurate seek size percent calculation (871f9631)
      • get rid of CGUIInfoManager dependency (e1eda01c)
  5. kernel 4.0.y:
    • New commits in this build:
      • Add blk_pos parameter to mmc multi_io_quirk callback (c8ffccda)
      • Adding bcm2835-sdhost driver, and an overlay to enable it (d441bcba)
      • fixup! 8192cu needs old wireless extensions (8d7a5a23)
      • bcm2835-mmc: Default to disabling MMC_QUIRK_BLK_NO_CMD23 (3268698b)
  6. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Added: patch: Add libvcsm.so dependency to bcm2835-driver (see PR:240)
    • Reverted: PR:6897: [binary addons] use correct library install paths on different linux distros (reason: breaks OE build, issue #4113)
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2015-04-28, 18:54)miigotu Wrote: Milhouse, about the failed to play problem I was having when auto playing next video....

I made one change in my router (which I didn't have to do before) and turned on the 'No ACK' feature.
Either that change or #426 Fixed my issue, and it seems even more stable with #427, especially seeking..

Edit, needing 'No ACK' for me may have been caused by "Update wlan-firmware" in #418

I guess my 8188cu wlan also has this but different problem (unexpected video stuttering).
Is there way to turn on or off "qos_no_ack_mask:mask Tx_Queue to no ack (int)" in wlan configuration?
@miigotu/@parcel - if the issues is wlan-firmware related, testing the builds before/after the wlan-firmware bump should help narrow it down.

If the problem is reproducible in official OpenELEC nightly builds, and you can pinpoint when the problem first appeared in an official nightly, maybe the OpenELEC developers will have an idea of the cause.

(2015-04-29, 01:25)parcel Wrote: Is there way to turn on "qos_no_ack_mask:mask Tx_Queue to no ack (int)" in wlan configuration?

No idea, I'm afraid. However if the problem is reproducible in an official nightly it may be worth asking the OE developers.
(2015-04-29, 01:31)Milhouse Wrote: @miigotu/@parcel - if the issues is wlan-firmware related, testing the builds before/after the wlan-firmware bump should help narrow it down.

If the problem is reproducible in official OpenELEC nightly builds, and you can pinpoint when the problem first appeared in an official nightly, maybe the OpenELEC developers will have an idea of the cause.

(2015-04-29, 01:25)parcel Wrote: Is there way to turn on "qos_no_ack_mask:mask Tx_Queue to no ack (int)" in wlan configuration?

No idea, I'm afraid. However if the problem is reproducible in an official nightly it may be worth asking the OE developers.

Thank you, Milhouse Smile
(2015-04-29, 01:25)parcel Wrote:
(2015-04-28, 18:54)miigotu Wrote: Milhouse, about the failed to play problem I was having when auto playing next video....

I guess my 8188cu wlan also has this but different problem (unexpected video stuttering).
Is there way to turn on or off "qos_no_ack_mask:mask Tx_Queue to no ack (int)" in wlan configuration?

I also had the unexpected video stuttering, and sometimes it would mess something up where it wouldnt come out of the skip/stutter and would just play slow/skippy. Turning 'no ack' on in wmm of my router fixed it.
(2015-04-29, 04:49)miigotu Wrote:
(2015-04-29, 01:25)parcel Wrote:

I also had the unexpected video stuttering, and sometimes it would mess something up where it wouldnt come out of the skip/stutter and would just play slow/skippy. Turning 'no ack' on in wmm of my router fixed it.

QoS problem is right. Turn off QoS on router, there is no problems. You're genius Smile
I've been setting up my B to give to my sister now that I've got a v2. Running build #428, I set it up to work with CEC using my Panasonic TV remote as my sister also has Panasonic TV (different model, she has the LCD TX-50A40B whilst I've got a Plasma TX-P50X60B but the remote's the same layout, might even identical model) and it worked great on my TV.

However, with her TV Kodi reports no CEC adapter detected and so I can't control it. The TV menu has an option for CEC On/Off, so I think it should work and I've tried the RPi in both of the two HDMI ports (HDMI2 is marked ARC, whilst HDMI isn't). I thought it might be because it was still using the EDID I created from my TV, so I recreated it for my sister's using tvservice -d edid.dat and moved that to /flash but it still reports no CEC adapter after rebooting.

I've posted the debug log here http://pastebin.com/VFm8emNJ and the config.txt here http://pastebin.com/7g7jksVY if someone could take a look and see if anything stands out, thanks.
Check your hdmi cable. If you gave her a new cable it might not be CEC capable.
  • 20(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 214