• 84(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 2
Milhouse PVR is not working well the latest build. Tried clearing (and deleting) databases but still no epg and channels won't start. My gut tells me it is the combination of PR:7020 and PR:7300. Could you exclude 7020 again?
I have a question on the HEVC capabilities of these builds that I only ask here because it is the only place I can find where people are using the same device and have talked about its specific capabilities.

What would be a high end bitrate that the Pi 2 could handle for 480i content?

I'm trying to convert some of my retail DVD videos to HEVC to save 75% of disk space compared to the original mpeg2 video which is going good so far in tests. I have got the output to around 25% of original size and fair good video results.

I'm not good at encoding and the following command took me two solid days to come up with from Google and I hope it is decent. I just set the CRF for something that gets roughly the right file size and set a max bitrate to stop spikes from overloading the Pi 2. I just want to know if I can up the max rate since I can't find much info on the limits and set that from the one and only mention I found in this thread.

ffmpeg -i makemkv.created.input.mkv -vf "setfield=1, fieldorder=tff" -c:v libx265 -tune fastdecode -c:a copy -cConfused copy -x265-params crf=18:vbv-bufsize=3000:vbv-maxrate=1500:interlace=tff output.mkv
HEVC, 720p only on the RPi2. At about maximum of 1.5 - 1.6Mbps bitrate when Overclocked. Lots of fast action scenes and the bitrate will most likely have to be lower. With fast decode you may be able to get a wee bit more out of it.

(2015-06-27, 07:21)wrxtasy Wrote: HEVC, 720p only on the RPi2. At about maximum of 1.5 - 1.6Mbps bitrate when Overclocked. Lots of fast action scenes and the bitrate will most likely have to be lower. With fast decode you may be able to get a wee bit more out of it.

Thanks I will leave the max rate at 1500 then and I'm only doing my 480i mpeg2 content since the /time/effort/storage savings/ for HD content is not worth it to me. Currently I'm converting M*A*S*H so not much for fast action. When I change to another show I'll double check fast action.
(2015-06-27, 06:43)gendo Wrote: Milhouse PVR is not working well the latest build. Tried clearing (and deleting) databases but still no epg and channels won't start. My gut tells me it is the combination of PR:7020 and PR:7300. Could you exclude 7020 again?

OK will drop in the next build, and keep it dropped until someone asks for it back...
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2015-06-27, 06:21)Milhouse Wrote:
(2015-06-27, 06:17)vbat99 Wrote: PART1="$(DISK)1"

Best to copy & paste than re-type - you've used parentheses (round brackets) when the command is using curly braces (they look similar, but very different in this context!)
Ha, that was dumb of me. Will note that also.
couldn't paste into virtual box as only booted xbmc live safe mode.
Media Companion Dev.
Media Companion - Kodi / XBMC - Media Companion
(2015-06-27, 07:56)Milhouse Wrote:
(2015-06-27, 06:43)gendo Wrote: Milhouse PVR is not working well the latest build. Tried clearing (and deleting) databases but still no epg and channels won't start. My gut tells me it is the combination of PR:7020 and PR:7300. Could you exclude 7020 again?

OK will drop in the next build, and keep it dropped until someone asks for it back...

I was wrong it was not 7020 that is the issue. 7300 i believe introduced a bug when "synchronise channel groups with backend(s)" is selected.. i will file a separate bug report..
Is there any chance of enabling ipv6 support in avahi for testing?

I think it was disabled in the past due to lack of ipv6 support in various parts of Kodi, but a quick look over suggests that there's no current compatibility problems with Kodi it's self.

It does however seem to be causing me a problem with trying to run an ipv6 network, with some mdns clients ignoring ipv4 service broadcasts from ipv6 hosts.

Enabling it on test would allow for a shakedown to identify anything that still breaks with ipv6.
(2015-06-27, 12:31)gendo Wrote: I was wrong it was not 7020 that is the issue. 7300 i believe introduced a bug when "synchronise channel groups with backend(s)" is selected.. i will file a separate bug report..

Do you want 7020 reinstated?
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2015-06-27, 14:16)barberio Wrote: Is there any chance of enabling ipv6 support in avahi for testing?

I think it was disabled in the past due to lack of ipv6 support in various parts of Kodi, but a quick look over suggests that there's no current compatibility problems with Kodi it's self.

It does however seem to be causing me a problem with trying to run an ipv6 network, with some mdns clients ignoring ipv4 service broadcasts from ipv6 hosts.

Enabling it on test would allow for a shakedown to identify anything that still breaks with ipv6.

I can provide you with a one-off experimental build if you have a patch that you want applied. I can see that ipv6 was disabled for avahi 6 years ago but (not surprisingly) the code base has changed and it's not simply a case of reverting this commit, so if you want ipv6 enabled for avahi you'll need to provide a patch I can build with.
(2015-06-27, 00:31)popcornmix Wrote: If anyone uses a mouse (does anyone?)
then please test latest build. Mouse movement should no longer cause whole GUI to redraw so should result in lower CPU and less lagginess.

Hardware cursor works good. It move smoothly Smile
New OpenELEC Isengard build #0627: RPi / RPi2
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 4.1.0 #1 Sat Jun 27 22:31:42 BST 2015 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Jun 26 2015 13:30:18
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version ccd74887d783fb00f92c3126859ec69b8b2f21d5 (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20150627223054-#0627-ge02cfe2 [Build #0627]

# vcdbg log msg 2>&1 | grep DTOK
001553.014: Kernel trailer DTOK property says yes

# Kernel device tree status: Enabled

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (e02cfe25, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (2add13b6, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. Fix for sdhost driver/overclock issue
Build Details:
  1. XBMC:
    • [omxplayer] Change in interlace state is not an error in log (PR:7349, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [lang] update of internal addon language files (92a52159)
    • [lang] automatic cosmetics for the en_gb language file (29170721)
    • [lang] update of skin.confluence language files (a7379eb1)
    • [lang] fix typo (2add13b6)
  2. pvr.mythtv:
    • 2.3.0 (PR:14, 4 commits, 23 files changed)
  3. kernel 4.1.y:
    • New commits in this build:
      • BCM270X_DT: Create a "core" clock, use it for SPI and sdhost (2cdae3dc)
(2015-06-27, 17:43)Milhouse Wrote:
(2015-06-27, 12:31)gendo Wrote: I was wrong it was not 7020 that is the issue. 7300 i believe introduced a bug when "synchronise channel groups with backend(s)" is selected.. i will file a separate bug report..

Do you want 7020 reinstated?

no leave it out.. there is too much disagreement about it's implementation at this point..if that changes i'l bug you once again. re the issue i'm encountering with 7300 there is an open trac ticket http://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/16073
Does anyone experience buffering with live tv on the pi? I have another kodi box (intel nuc running openelec) and this plays live tv fine. The pi though buffers every 15 mins or so. I am going to try turning off hardware acceleration and see if this helps.
(2015-06-25, 02:59)Milhouse Wrote:
(2015-06-25, 02:42)optics Wrote: Between OpenElec 6.0 beta 1 and beta 2 (and the corresponding test files), I found that the OpenElec still image boot screen was now terribly skewed and the video offsets no longer applied.

If it's a change between Beta 1 and Beta 2 you should be able to narrow it down by working back through the test builds until you find the last build with a working boot screen.

In build 0512, the OpenElec still image logo is displayed properly.
In build 0513, the OpenElec still image logo starts to skew with 4 diagonal fragments of the logo asset painted on screen.

Additionally, as of build 0513, the overscan shifts outward considerably.
  • 84(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 214