OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 2
(2015-05-02, 12:33)popcornmix Wrote: Is dmesg the same on Pi2?

dmesg shows no evidence of a problem on the Pi2 when using either driver. It's only the Pi1 that has this problem with the old driver.

(2015-05-02, 12:33)popcornmix Wrote: The dmesg complaints are "harmless" - they are explicit WARN() calls when an unexpected code path is encountered. It is non-fatal, but if happening regularly could harm performance.

Yes, there's no evidence of corruption, just a big drop in performance.

(2015-05-02, 12:33)popcornmix Wrote: I suspect reverting this commit will avoid that (and is probably worth doing until it is resolved).

I've tested a new Pi1 build with that commit reverted (blacklisted) and normal performance is restored when using the old driver, and dmesg is now clean with zero backtraces. Re-tested the new driver on the Pi1, and that's good also.

Pi2 is good with this commit reverted (old and new driver). I'll revert the commit in future builds until you have time to investigate further. Many thanks.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Messages In This Thread
RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 2 - by Milhouse - 2015-05-02, 13:30
How to install the builds - by kisas - 2015-05-24, 02:10
MVC 3D ISO Blu-ray - by Azimono - 2015-06-06, 14:28
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 214