OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 2
I've just tried to change the splash video and experienced similar issues :-

I converted a startup animation from another thread to annex-b using ffmpeg. On booting it plays for about 1-2 seconds and gets cut short. If I try to play the video within Kodi itself once booted then I get further with about 4-5 seconds playing but it still stops a couple of seconds before the end of the video.

If I play the video on my desktop then it plays fine.

I've not tried using avconv to convert the video yet ... but this may be specific to videos converted with ffmpeg ?

I have never had any issue playing your original splash file ... and my converted file seems far smaller in file size.

(2015-05-21, 17:47)Milhouse Wrote:
(2015-05-21, 17:02)Leopold Wrote: I originally thought that the video may still be playing while the screen goes black during the video mode change, prior to the Kodi gui appearing. From the logging and the patched code I can now see that is not the case and that the video must be terminating before the hdmi mode change.

I'll modify the kodi-splash.sh script in the next build and capture stderr/stdout from the video player to /tmp/splash.log, maybe it's segfaulting.

If it is segfaulting, with the next build a core will be dumped into /storage/.cache/cores - upload the stacktraces as follows:
Code:
gdb /usr/bin/hello_video.bin --batch -ex "thread apply all bt" --core=$(ls -1 /storage/.cache/cores/core.*hello_video.bin*) | pastebinit

Messages In This Thread
RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 2 - by sneaker333 - 2015-05-23, 16:31
How to install the builds - by kisas - 2015-05-24, 02:10
MVC 3D ISO Blu-ray - by Azimono - 2015-06-06, 14:28
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 214