OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 2
(2015-05-24, 18:46)popcornmix Wrote: If you get this state again, can you report output of:
Code:
vcgencmd cache_flush && vcdbg reloc
Run it twice to try to get a consistent result.

Also stop kodi and run those commands again. I'd like to know if the heap is permanently broken.

I've run some more tests. It's not easy to reproduce the memory problem, but it is fairly easy to reproduce some sort of odd behaviour. Playing Sintel 720p for a few seconds - ie. stopping playback at 45 seconds when the fight starts - followed by Sintel 1080p for another 45 seconds, and possibly repeating playback of Sintel 1080p a second time will usually provoke some kind of problem - either unrealistic GPU mem > 600MB, a complete system freeze, or briefly frozen playback followed by very severe visual artefacts (blue/green pixelation). Quite often a system crash may occur when stopping playback once the pixelation is visible, either when stopping the video in which the pixelation first appeared, or a subsequent video.

If you see no problem after playing Sintel 1080p the first time (for 45 seconds), you'll almost certainly have problems playing it a subsequent time (either crash, or visual artefacts). Try Sintel 720p, Sintel 1080, Sintel 720, Sintel 1080 in that order (playing each for 10 seconds) and you should eventually experience abnormal behaviour.

Here's bcmstat showing GPU Mem at 705MB (@18:59:49) after alternating playback of Sintel 720p/1080p then finally terminating playback of Sintel 1080p at which point the GPU memory becomes abnormal.

These are the corresponding vcgencmd cache_flush && vcdbg reloc once the memory became abnormal, run three times: #1, #2, and #3 (in that order). The kodi.log - sorry, not debug - is here (note that the time in kodi is BST, or UTC+1, while the system time shown in bcmstat is UTC).

I then shut down kodi, and captured three more vcdbg reloc: #4, #5 and #6. bcmstat continued to show abnormal GPU memory after shutting down kodi.bin.

The above tests were performed with no overlock other than for sdhost, using this config.txt.

These are the two Sintel files I'm testing with:
Sintel 720p: Dropbox, 66MB
Sintel 1080p: Dropbox, 113MB
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Messages In This Thread
How to install the builds - by kisas - 2015-05-24, 02:10
RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 2 - by Milhouse - 2015-05-24, 21:20
MVC 3D ISO Blu-ray - by Azimono - 2015-06-06, 14:28
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 214