OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 2
(2015-06-03, 12:31)sunstealer Wrote: Firstly - thank you to Milhouse, popcornmix and Team Kodi very much for all your hard work on this. I have been installing the test builds for a while now with great success so far.

There is one problem I have encountered with these builds that I have not been able to figure out - it has been present for all the Kodi 15 builds that I have tried.

Setup: RPi model B -> HDMI -> Sony AV Amp -> Samsung TV with Logitech Harmony remote.

Problem: switching off TV & Amp at night with remote and leaving RPi / Kodi running. In the morning, switch on - RPi still responds to ssh and is 'alive' but TV says "no signal". Screensaver has been disabled. Kodi remote on ios device has active connection but pressing buttons does not wake up HDMI signal. Starting a movie from remote does wake up HDMI signal and then returning to GUI does work.

It seems to me that something is switching off the HDMI out and it is not waking up properly when using the remote - is there a power saving feature now?

I have an almost identical setup - the only difference is I have an RPi2.

If you select "Suspend" in System | Power saving then these builds will turn off the HDMI when you invoke the power off (e.g. power toggle on your remote). For me the HDMI is reenabled when I press remote buttons - I use the Stop button. I'm using a USB MCE R6 remote, so this might be dependent on the remote you have.

So in my Logitech setup I've configured the power options for my MCE remote to send:

Power on: Stop
Power off: Stop, Power toggle

This means that when powering off, the Stop will either deactivate the screensaver, stop whatever is playing, or nothing. And then the Power Toggle disables HDMI. Actually, I should probably have 2 Stops ...

For powering on, the Stop will re-enable the HDMI.

If Stop (or another button) doesn't re-enable HDMI, then just configure your device in the Harmony software so it's left on all the time.

Messages In This Thread
How to install the builds - by kisas - 2015-05-24, 02:10
RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 2 - by magao - 2015-06-04, 03:40
MVC 3D ISO Blu-ray - by Azimono - 2015-06-06, 14:28
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 214