OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 2
(2015-06-10, 06:48)tomismrkolj Wrote: In the last build libcec phyton wrapper has been added. What can you do with it?
Is it possible to use it to switch AVR HDMI port to another instead of RPi's port when Kodi starts? I would really need this function, since my STB is non CEC device.
From what it sound like you want to prevent your TV from switching to your RPi when you start it?
This can be prevented by changing a default setting "Switching source to this device on startup" found under "System - Settings - System - Input Devices - Peripherals - CEC Adapter". You can also set "hdmi_ignore_cec_init=1" in your RPi's "config.txt".

For the rest it's up to your TV's capabilities to force a specific HDMI port. This wrapper can not help you to force your TV to do anything but making the RPi the current active source. If you use it for your RPi, however, you will break the CEC connection with Kodi and you will not be able to control it with your TV remote any longer.

If 'faking' STB CEC functions is what you are really after then a USB-CEC adapter between STB and TV is something that could help you in combination with this wrapper. This is what I am doing. It is, however, a different topic not suitable for this thread.

Messages In This Thread
How to install the builds - by kisas - 2015-05-24, 02:10
MVC 3D ISO Blu-ray - by Azimono - 2015-06-06, 14:28
RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 2 - by Forage - 2015-06-10, 20:57
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 214