OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 2
(2015-06-20, 02:25)Milhouse Wrote:
  • No fix yet for Hifiberry-Digi - investigations ongoing

I'm using a Hifiberry-Digi+ w/ transformer on my Pi2, and it works with optical and SPDIF output, including AC3 and DTS passthrough. Maybe I can help?

(2015-06-20, 10:32)Catscrash Wrote: Hi,

I'm having a hard time watching simple Half-SBS Videos with the new build. It only displays one side of it on the whole screen now. When Support MVC and Full HD 3d Option are disabled, it seems to only display one half in 2D, although it renders the interface in 3d. When it's enabled, it seems to try to create a 3D FP output, but that doesn't really work, the projector recognizes a FP signal, but it's not 3D. It's just... blurred.

The file is named ...3D.SBS.... and works flawlessly with kodi 14

That's the same problem I'm experiencing. SBS or TAB MKV Videos are marked 3D.XXX and were interpreted correctly on Helix 14.2, with the GUI and the video switching into SBS or TAB, now with Kodi 15 it always tries to put out some form of FP stream, even when no suitable 3D-FP mode is reported by the output device, like in my case. This usually leads to a monoscopic view of the video, while the GUI actually switches to TAB or SBS, depending on the selection and settings.

@Milhouse: any way to have an option to disable 3D-FP output alltogether for devices that don't play along well, so it reverts back to the "old" behavior of just outputting SBS or TAB without any frame packing? I think this problem will only ever get really resolved for output devices that support the full range of 3D resolutions and frame rates, like brand new 3D TVs and the like. My projector isn't just capable of receiving a full 1080p/60Hz FP video stream, only:
  • 1280x720 @ 60Hz 16:9, clock:74MHz progressive 3D:FP|TopBot
  • 1280x720 @ 50Hz 16:9, clock:74MHz progressive 3D:FP|TopBot
  • 1920x1080 @ 24Hz 16:9, clock:74MHz progressive 3D:FP|TopBot

@Catscrash:

You might want to turn on hdmi_force_edid_3d=1 in config.txt. That solved the problem at least half way, but only for FP supported resolutions.

(2015-06-18, 22:39)Milhouse Wrote: I'm including the latest libshairplay/AirTunes commits - requested here - which I had been told were working well.

You'll need to determine the last test build that has working Airplay (or AirTunes, whatever - I don't use Apple gear).

Thanks, I'll update and see how it works. I also don't use Apple gear, but a Synology NAS with DS Audio, and AirPlay allows for simultaneous streaming to multiple devices, while DLNA/UPnP only allows control of one device at a time. The gaps between songs are also smaller. With DLNA, it always takes a few seconds after the song ends and the next one starts.

I mean, in my wishlist I also have gapless or even crossfaded playback with either DLNA or AirPlay, but that's probably not possible with a non-Apple AirPlay source and non-Apple Airplay player devices, as the current song and the next one would have to be streamed at the same time, which requires support from all devices and software involved.

Messages In This Thread
How to install the builds - by kisas - 2015-05-24, 02:10
MVC 3D ISO Blu-ray - by Azimono - 2015-06-06, 14:28
RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 2 - by graealex - 2015-06-20, 14:53
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 214