• 87(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 2
(2015-07-07, 05:10)crazyazz Wrote: Hi guys , im having trouble getting my original xbox remote to work with this build Sad I have followed this with no luck http://blog.slucas.fr/en/tips/raspberry-...box-dongle

Does it work with official releases (ie 5.95.2)?
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
No I had no luck with the official stable release , so not sure what the problem is
Working now LOL I had to blacklist the xpad module.
Hi , what is the difference between your Millhouse Openelec and the official openelec?
Your already finished, ... And Openelec is still in Beta...
(2015-07-08, 15:27)Warez Wrote: Hi , what is the difference between your Millhouse Openelec and the official openelec?
You can see the differences compared to OpenElec listed at the top of each build post.
The reason a new thread is started is because Millhouse's builds now use what's going to be Kodi 16. OpenElec will stick to Kodi 15 for the next stable release.
Yes, 15 isn't out/stable yet, but it will not receive any new features any more only bug fixes. Those fixes will be included in Millhouse's build as well as OpenElec. New Millhouse builds will also include more.

P.s. and here I was wondering why no new builds were posted any more. I didn't know about a new thread. Thanks for the hint.
(2015-07-08, 17:19)Forage Wrote:
(2015-07-08, 15:27)Warez Wrote: Hi , what is the difference between your Millhouse Openelec and the official openelec?
You can see the differences compared to OpenElec listed at the top of each build post.
The reason a new thread is started is because Millhouse's builds now use what's going to be Kodi 16. OpenElec will stick to Kodi 15 for the next stable release.
Yes, 15 isn't out/stable yet, but it will not receive any new features any more only bug fixes. Those fixes will be included in Millhouse's build as well as OpenElec. New Millhouse builds will also include more.

P.s. and here I was wondering why no new builds were posted any more. I didn't know about a new thread. Thanks for the hint.

Does that mean everything in millhouses builds will become part of the OpenElec Stable release? With Millhouse's development on Isengard finishing, I would like my rpi2's to stay on Isengard until Kodi 16 goes at least into Beta Status. So for the time it would be nice if I knew I could switch to the OpenElec stable releases at some point.

Thanks!
(2015-07-09, 05:14)msattler Wrote: Does that mean everything in millhouses builds will become part of the OpenElec Stable release?

Some features in these builds are experimental and won't make it into stable releases, but the idea is that most if not all of the proven features will eventually progress into regular stable builds.

(2015-07-09, 05:14)msattler Wrote: With Millhouse's development on Isengard finishing, I would like my rpi2's to stay on Isengard until Kodi 16 goes at least into Beta Status. So for the time it would be nice if I knew I could switch to the OpenElec stable releases at some point.

You should be able to switch to the OE6 stable release without losing too many features - the most obvious omission IMHO is the lack of virtual suspend support in stable releases. Also the CEC button-repeat fixes may not yet be in stable.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
When I turn off the TV, play TV channel or movie stops, all is well, but when I turn on the TV, the device does not Wake up and does not resume playback until I press any button on the remote control for this. This can be fix?
(2015-07-12, 07:22)SpuDy Wrote: When I turn off the TV, play TV channel or movie stops, all is well, but when I turn on the TV, the device does not Wake up and does not resume playback until I press any button on the remote control for this. This can be fix?

Think that's by design, not a bug. You don't want a movie to start playing before the TV has actually finished turning on.
Media Companion Dev.
Media Companion - Kodi / XBMC - Media Companion
(2015-07-12, 11:03)vbat99 Wrote: Think that's by design, not a bug. You don't want a movie to start playing before the TV has actually finished turning on.

Playback does not resume even after a long period of time after turning on the TV. Black screen and the message "Source not active". But as soon as any button is pressed on the remote, the device wakes up and resumes playback.

Add:
If I press any button on the remote until the TV is turned off, it turns on, the device wakes up and resumes playback. It not only works if I turn on the TV using the on/off button on the remote. =)
That is fine with me, but it is strange that this does not happen when using the on/off button.
Hiya.

I have been running Kodi fine for years on an linux box, and decided to buy a pi2 to use instead.

I installed openelec 5.95.2 as i was using Isanguard RC1 on my old box.

Install went fine, but i cant get HDMI passthrough to work (worked fine with the same kodi settings on my old box)

If i play anything with DTS or DD the sound is garbled (think zx spectrum loading ;D) I have found that using OXMplayer instead of the default MMAL fixes this, but i dont know what downsides there are to this.

also..

I updated to the latest Millhouse build to see if RC1 fixed it, but it didnt.

debug log has this in it

08:30:20 3537.150879 T:1452274752 DEBUG: FactoryCodec - Audio: passthrough - Opening

08:30:20 3537.151367 T:1452274752 DEBUG: FactoryCodec - Audio: passthrough - Failed

08:30:20 3537.151611 T:1452274752 DEBUG: FactoryCodec - Audio: FFmpeg - Opening

08:30:20 3537.152100 T:1452274752 DEBUG: FactoryCodec - Audio: FFmpeg - Opened

http://xbmclogs.com/p6z56e3qn#line-2413
(2015-07-12, 07:22)SpuDy Wrote: When I turn off the TV, play TV channel or movie stops, all is well, but when I turn on the TV, the device does not Wake up and does not resume playback until I press any button on the remote control for this. This can be fix?

Maybe you've enabled Suspend as the Shutdown function - have you configured a Shutdown fiunction timer? Check your Settings > System > Power saving configuration.

Or check your CEC settings, and ensure "When the TV is switched off" is set to "Ignore" (and not Suspend).

Otherwise upload a debug log after you have reproduced this issue.
(2015-07-12, 15:30)Milhouse Wrote: Maybe you've enabled Suspend as the Shutdown function - have you configured a Shutdown fiunction timer? Check your Settings > System > Power saving configuration.

Or check your CEC settings, and ensure "When the TV is switched off" is set to "Ignore" (and not Suspend).

Otherwise upload a debug log after you have reproduced this issue.

Shutdown fiunction timer = Off.
Shutdown fiunction = Shutdown.
If "When the TV is switched off" set to "Ignore" , PVR HTS addon continues playback from the server, if is set to "Suspend" the PVR addon stops the playback this is what I need. It not only works if I turn on the TV using the on/off button on the remote.
The suspend function in my builds is only a "virtual" suspend, all it does is power off the HDMI (which allows the TV to go into power-save/eco mode) since the Pi has no power management in the tradition sense (it never turns off) and it's unlikely that the PVR HTS addon will be affected by virtual suspend - it won't notice any difference.

However when the Pi is "suspended", it requires a button press to wake it up and so it sounds like it may be what is happening to you. The sleep (suspend)/wake (unsuspend) events will be logged in kodi.log, but without your log nobody knows for sure.

If the Pi isn't being suspended, then it might be a screensaver (dim? black? disable your screensavers) that requires you to press a button to reactivate the Pi - I can't think of anything else, to be honest.
(2015-05-16, 06:57)Milhouse Wrote: [*]The performance of the SDHost driver suffers significantly at higher core_freq with force_turbo disabled. Probably best not to use sdhost at higher core_freq unless force_turbo is enabled.

I just did a bunch of testing on my own Pi2. It seems this is no longer the case Smile
I achieved my fastest result with a Core of 500 and SDHOST at 100

Code:
arm_freq=1000
core_freq=500
avoid_pwm_pll=1
dtoverlay=sdhost,overclock_50=100
over_voltage=1

I have 32GB Samsung Evo Class 10 Micro SD cards. Tried with and without setting sdhost, and also only setting sdhost.
........................... Read ............ Write
Stock (all) ............ 16MB/s ....... 12MB/s
800 / 500 ............. 16MB/s ....... 12MB/s
sdhost100............. 28MB/s ....... 16MB/s
1000 / 500 / 84 .... 28MB/s ........ 18MB/s
1000 / 500 / 100 .. 32MB/s ........ 18MB/s

To test, I used a modified version of the Overclock stability test at the bottom of the page here http://elinux.org/RPiconfig (had to remove SUDO, and only ran the read/write test 1 time instead of 10, didn't want to wait 5 hours for the test to complete. Took from 20-30 minutes each time only running it once.

If anyone else wants to try it, I just changed seq 1 10 from 10 to 1 seq 1 1 and removed sudo from the read line. I use openelec and it would not work with the sudo command.
  • 87(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 214