Solved The TVDB scraper is unable to retrieve IMDb ratings (IMDb scraper library issue?)
For the past week or more, the TVDB scraper has been unable to retrieve IMDb ratings.

Is anyone else having this issue?

EDIT: Could it be an IMDb scraper library issue, or does TVDB connect to IMDb by itself?

EDIT 2: It seems to be working for some series, like game of thrones, true detective and breaking bad, but not for others, like peaky blinders, star trek TNG and justified. Actually, it seems to be episode related. Take justified season 5. It manages to scrape ratings for episodes 1 to 8, yet it cannot for the last five episodes.
Same thing happens with walking dead season 5. First half gets ratings; second half doesn't.

Windows 8.1 64-bit
Kodi 14.2
Give the Universal scraper a shot.
(2015-04-11, 17:35)PatK Wrote: Give the Universal scraper a shot.

You mean this?

http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Universal_Movie_Scraper

It can only be used for movies. I cannot select it when a folder is set as TV series.
(2015-04-11, 01:40)eddman Wrote: For the past week or more, the TVDB scraper has been unable to retrieve IMDb ratings.

EDIT: Could it be an IMDb scraper library issue, or does TVDB connect to IMDb by itself?

Windows 8.1 64-bit
Kodi 14.2

TVDB scrapes TVDB ratings. Do you mean you can't get ratings at all. Because I can't get IMDb ratings either.
(2015-04-11, 21:13)Warner306 Wrote: TVDB scrapes TVDB ratings. Do you mean you can't get ratings at all. Because I can't get IMDb ratings either.

Yes, TVDB scrapes TVDB ratings by default, but you can change it to IMDb.

If I set it to IMDb and uncheck the "Use TheTVDB ratings in case IMDb is missing" option, it fails to get a rating. This used to work about a month ago.

I prefer IMDb's ratings.
(2015-04-11, 21:25)eddman Wrote:
(2015-04-11, 21:13)Warner306 Wrote: TVDB scrapes TVDB ratings. Do you mean you can't get ratings at all. Because I can't get IMDb ratings either.

Yes, TVDB scrapes TVDB ratings by default, but you can change it to IMDb.

If I set it to IMDb and uncheck the "Use TheTVDB ratings in case IMDb is missing" option, it fails to get a rating. This used to work about a month ago.

I prefer IMDb's ratings.

You would have to take this to the official thread for that scraper. Try deleting the corresponding folder in userdata/addon_data first.
(2015-04-11, 01:40)eddman Wrote: For the past week or more, the TVDB scraper has been unable to retrieve IMDb ratings.

EDIT 2: It seems to be working for some series, like game of thrones, true detective and breaking bad, but not for others, like peaky blinders, star trek TNG and justified. Actually, it seems to be episode related. Take justified season 5. It manages to scrape ratings for episodes 1 to 8, yet it cannot for the last five episodes.
Same thing happens with walking dead season 5. First half gets ratings; second half doesn't.

Windows 8.1 64-bit
Kodi 14.2
This is possibly on TVDB's end.

Justified S05E01 has the IMDB ID in the appropriate field while Justified S05E13 doesn't have this field filled in so the scraper doesn't know which episode to get the rating from.

This can only be fixed by the IMDB episode ID field being filled by someone on the TVDB site.
(2015-04-13, 00:34)mtoddster Wrote: This is possibly on TVDB's end.

Justified S05E01 has the IMDB ID in the appropriate field while Justified S05E13 doesn't have this field filled in so the scraper doesn't know which episode to get the rating from.

This can only be fixed by the IMDB episode ID field being filled by someone on the TVDB site.

Aaaaa, yes, very clever. I never thought of that. That could just be it.

I'll add the ones that are unlocked and will report the locked ones.

Thanks.

EDIT: I can confirm that it was indeed the cause. Ratings show up now after adding the IDs.
Yes that's the problem! There are soo many episodes that don't have the imdb link. And many are locked so you can't even edit them!

So is there any other way to solve this? I don't want to use thetvdb rating, they can have 7-9 votes when imdb has 120-150 votes on the same episode! Manually editing episode by episode would takes loads of hours because I have way to much, but I'm going to do that is there are no automatic thing you can run.

Anyone have and good tips? Either a good manual or semi manual method or some other automatic thing I can run?
The problem with TVDB ratings is that compared to IMDb rating, the number of user votes are far too less. Friends have 9.0/10 from as many as 449,718 where as it rated by just 300 TVDB users. It is not possible to fetch IMDb ratings from TVDB. Unless and until the developer who made Universal Scrapper for Movies, creates the same for TV, we have to suffer from the ratings point of view. Sad
One would think the program addon Rating Update would fix this, but nope.
Its annoying as hell.
Well i had some DVD's today i updated from within kodi 16.1 NONE of the scrapers saves the info i looked in the VIDEO_TS folder there was a VIDEO_TS.nfo but all there was in there was 0.0.0.0.0.0.0 not sure what to make of that. this was using def scraper
i tried My Movies it finds movies but no file is made i tried universal same.

But annoyed after making the video_ts.nfo for every DVD that everything had been cleared and all there was left was 0.0.0.0.0.0
"Morse Code anyone" Big Grin no wait that is -.-.- well then i don't get it.
I hope it goes anyway because its all the def scraper i tried my movies The Movie database or what the heck its called and universal all finds movie but either gives me 0.0.0 or does not saved file
and checked for permission issues have not found anything in the log yet so prob need to make a debug.log
But Houston we have a problem
English is not my native language; please excuse typing errors.
Grampa Simpson: Unfortunately, like all true stories, this one has a crappy ending. You have a story with an ending.
Grampa, are you sure you're okay to drive at night? Grampa: It's night?
Banned add-ons
Sorry to bring back an old thread, but I can't seem to get this to work. I've manually checked and the TV shows in question do have IMDb ID's set correctly, but the rating is still being pulled from TheTVDB. Anyone got this to work so it'll grab the TV show info from TheTVDB but get the rating from IMDb?

EDIT: I ended up deleting my Videos DB file from my profile and restored a backup. After running a scan again, it seems to be working correctly. It now has the correct rating and count.
sorry how i can db file of my profile
@M_zidan

Why do you want to delete the database? Let us know what the problem is or why you want to delete it, and maybe we might be able to solve the problem. Is it related to IMDB ratings?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
The TVDB scraper is unable to retrieve IMDb ratings (IMDb scraper library issue?)0