Release The Cooking Channel Addon
(2017-08-09, 22:28)mrsfixit Wrote: learningit, did you ever solve the issue with the Cooking Channel addon?

Just wondering...

I'm not aware of any problems with 3.0.2. seems to work for me. Are you experiencing problems?
(2017-08-10, 01:13)learningit Wrote:
(2017-08-09, 22:28)mrsfixit Wrote: learningit, did you ever solve the issue with the Cooking Channel addon?

Just wondering...

I'm not aware of any problems with 3.0.2. seems to work for me. Are you experiencing problems?

If you check post #11, I was having issues with it back in early June. It not only wouldn't launch, when I tried to open it, it completely locked up my RPi3, running Krypton.

I uninstalled it after that and haven't reinstalled it. I can give it another try as time permits and get back to you.

Thanks for the quick response. :-)
(2017-08-10, 01:13)learningit Wrote:

Just wondering...

I reinstalled the addon last night and it seems to be working again in Krypton pn the RPi. So something changed, somewhere. Could have been on their end as well. It happens.

Sorry to be a bother. Thanks for staying on top of things. Your addons are #1 AFAIC and you always respond when there's an issue. :-)
Hi,

I'm not able to pull up any shows with this addon, I am getting this in my Kodi log.
 21:23:43.867 T:18446744072513360864 ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.cook/?mode=GE&url=%2f%2fwww.cookingchanneltv.com%2fshows%2fdinner-at-tiffanis%2fwatch-all-of-season-3
Did their website layout change or something?
Version 3.0.3 fixes website changes.
A pull request has been issued for the kodi.org repo.
The add-on should update in a few days.
[Code block removed by Mod] - Please DO NOT put code in a forum post. Use a link to pastebin, etc.
Also, I have no idea why you put something about Travel Channel is the Cooking Channel support thread.

one thing i can not find is how the cooking icon still shows with a new  travelchannel icon and fanart

To change the icon on a add-on which is installed or previously installed, it requires you to delete the add-on database entry for the image. The reason is all add-ons use icon.png and fanart.jpg as filenames. Essentially when you reinstall the add-on, it uses the old cache because the filename remains the same. There is no such thing as "hard coding" icons or fanart.
@the_other_guy were you aware that a travel channel addon already exists?
(2020-02-23, 18:57)kodaksmith Wrote: @the_other_guy were you aware that a travel channel addon already exists?

my point is the icon for the cooking channel must be hard coded as it can not be changed even after changing all images

this addon was for Ghost Adventures and supernatural events
Version 4.0.0 released to Kodi v19 repo.
PLEASE NOTE: This add-on is native Py3 and will only run on Kodi v19 or above.
When I run it addon pulls a blank menu - no error but no options to choose from just blank

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
The Cooking Channel Addon0