Channel number override (LCN)
Question 
Been pretty happy with dvbviewer over the years but there's one thing I never get right no matter which backend with kodi; channel orders & numbers.

With the MediaPortal backend it will only use the LCN order for the channel order, but you can't use a custom order.
With DVBviewer you can use any order you want but there's no LCN support and it doesn't look like it's coming anytime soon.

If you set "use backends channels numbers" from the general tab in PVR Service settings than you get the order in which you put them in the favourites.
I would very much like some override, perhaps some .xml or something, to map those channel to my isp's channels numbers; something I keep hearing complaints about in my house. Pretty sure the devs @ dvbviewer won't introduce this feature as they have been speaking against it as it would require a lot of core rework but can't it be done through the addon? Would love such a feature...
Perhaps I don't get it, but as you already said, you can reorder your channels using the favourites.
Well you don't get it but it's easily explained Smile

Basically we want to use these numbers as said in the "Kanaal" column; https://www.ziggo.nl/televisie/zenderoverzicht
These also have space in the numbers and that's something you can't do with dvbviewer.
Often over here they advertise stuff like watch X @ time Y @ channel number Z, but that wouldn't work now.
Our market is strictly controlled by pretty much 1 isp and even tv's do these LCN numbers as a lot of 3rd party boxes.

Just making favourites helps a bit but it's still not close, LCN is huge here and it's requested a lot @ the dvbviewer forum past 6 years from some researching.
I can try to add support for a custom attribute in the favourites.xml. If defined, it would overwrite the channel number passed to Kodi.
Would that be sufficient?

Edit: You would have to use a text editor to add the numbers yourself. No fancy UI stuff.
Sure, xml will do, I know my way around notepad++ very well.
But make sure it doesn't reduce the stability as I don't want others to suffer for my wish.
Also give any other issues priority as there really is no hurry.
Hi,

sorry hresurrect an old thread, but was there any head way on this? I desperately need to give channels their own numbers, as here in the uk not all channels are chronological and can skip 1 or 2. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!
Use the DVBViewer Favorites for your problem. works as invented.
(2017-01-04, 21:33)skybird1980 Wrote: Use the DVBViewer Favorites for your problem. works as invented.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I am using the favourites, and they show up in kodi as they are listed within dvbviewer. However, I cannot seem to allocate the channel numbers as they are designated nationally.

For example, here in the UK, channels 1 to 35 each have a channel allocated. 36 is vacant and doesn't exist. Then 37 to 49 have channels, and 50 to 54 are vacant. And so on, I believe there are more gaps.
How can I replicate this in dvbviewer, so they can show up like so in kodi?
I can live with this problem, however my wife will have to use this also and I need to keep things as 'stock' as possible.

Again, thank you for your response and hopefully I've clarified exactly what I'm struggling with. Any help is greatly appreciated. Apologies if I'm missing something blindingly obvious but after trawling channel editor and settings over and over, both within dvbviewer and pvr within kodi, I cannot find anything of note.
Hi again,

Sorry for my dimness. I've only just discovered the favourites.xml file. I tried to change the channel numbers passed to Kodi from dvbviewer using notepad but nothing seems to work. All the channels are still listed in strict chronological order. I tried leaving gaps in between channels, eg 1, 2, 3, 6, 7, 9, 10 etc... But it doesn't get passed to Kodi like this, as I say its all chronological.
I have setup the dvbviewer addon in Kodi to point to the favourites xml but no dice.

Am I doing something wrong?
No. It's simply not possible to add gaps.

However you can somehow workaround this by adding the same channel multiple times. e.g in your example above add channel #35 as #35 and #36 to your favorites. On the downside you'll see the channel multiple times in the EPG.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Channel number override (LCN)0