Solved SSA position broken
This commit broke vertical SSA positions. I've also made a comment in the commit repository.
Tested with KodiSetup-20150411-2dd0e8f-master, and roled back immediatly, broke was obvious after the first test.
Can you point me to a sample that I can test with? I'm having a hard time finding a video with ASS/SSA subtitles with fixed positions within my video library.
No, it's the oposite. Fixed position are still where they should be.
Not fixed position are not where they used to be. The default behavior should be left as it was before, not overriding the automatic position calculated by the ASS/SSA renderer.

I see two ways for fixing (but maybe there is more) :
Either not overiding the position of SSA/ASS calculated by the renderer if "Overide SSA" in subtitles option is not selected, or add a 6th option in the positions, like "Automatic", for which behavior should be :
If subtitles is SSA/ASS, not overide the the calculated position, if subtitles is not SSA/ASS, use the "fxed".
And yes, i'm almost sure it's also what the ticket was about.
As mentioned in the trac ticket: the old behaviour seemed wrong because it ignored the entire rendering area.

the doc is clear about setting frame size:
https://github.com/libass/libass/blob/ma...ass.h#L267

frame size includes margins but the old code did not include it.
Never noticed anything wrong with old behavior, tested with both 4/3 and 16/9 videos, with and without position tags. Old code didn't include margin because it was set to video size, not frame size. With the old code, you can't have subtitles outside the video frame, with the new code, you can. But rendering of the old code wasn't incorrect. I've made this time specific comments on the code on the commit, having read it and globaly understood it, the issue now is that set_line_position which didn't exist before is always called, when it shouldn't be called always.

Edit :
Take a look at ass_set_line_position, to keep old behavior on SSA, it should be set to 0.
Setting to SUBTITLE_ALIGN_BOTTOM_INSIDE should probably get back old behavior.
So, adding a setting may seem useless, but just what is someone want default standard behavior for SSA, and a manual fixed for others, like it was before ?
Finaly, after some tests, setting to SUBTITLE_ALIGN_BOTTOM_INSIDE get the previous behavior, and position tags are still fine on 4/3 video whatever setting you choose.
Then we should add a transition/settingsupdate for that setting from FIXED to SUBTITLE_ALIGN_BOTTOM_INSIDE maybe?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2015-04-13, 22:33)Memphiz Wrote: Then we should add a transition/settingsupdate for that setting from FIXED to SUBTITLE_ALIGN_BOTTOM_INSIDE maybe?

This not a problem of setting FIXED. no matter what setting for this, kodi just show subtitle at bottom inside video before.

and only problem I know is subtitle will dispear when setting as SUBTITLE_ALIGN_TOP_OUTSIDE. This because some bug in libass.
The only thing "i'm affraid", is that people don't expect that this setting will also affect SSA/ASS subtitles. From my point of view, global/general subtitles settings (because this setting is a global subtitle setting, for SRT and others) shouldn't affect SSA, because it's not the usual and standard way. Affecting SSA position sould be done on a specific SSA setting.
People who watch video with SSA/ASS, and it's mostly anime, expect that subtitles will always be displayed the "normalized/standard" way, wich is set_line at 0.
After, this is only my personnal point of view, which is the one of a big anime viewer and also a fansuber.
Yeah i 100% disagree with that. People are not supposed to even know what kind of subtitle system is used (and most don't). Subtitle is subtitle so those settings should affect all of them. For me this case is closed tbh.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SSA position broken0