Win My humble start with new Kodi HTPC setup
I'm new at this but exited to post first pics of my newly created HTPC setup:

It's a work in progress so bear with me as I tweak it to make it look prettier (ie zip tie the rats nest of wires, upgrade to a better tv and entertainment center). I just put the finishing touches on the pc and my new receiver came in this last week so now that everything is installed and up and running I wanted to share.Here's the setup as it currently stands:

Old Gateway tower rebuilt, consisting of
MoBo: MSI A78M-E35 FM2+ / FM2
CPU: AMD A6-6400K Dual-Core APU Richland Processor 3.9GHz
Memory: Adata XPG Desktop Memory - V1, DDR3, 4GB 1600MHZ
SSD: Silicon Power S70 120GB MLC 2.5"
GPU: PNY GEFORCE GTX 750 TI 2GB GDDR5 OC (I found the AMD APU graphics performance to be very underwhelming so I upgraded and probably went way overboard with this but, hey, the picture is A1 quality now! Cool )
Pioneer internal blu-ray drive
Kodi: 14.2

The rest of the a/v equipment is
TV: Magnavox 52"
Receiver: Denon AVR-X2100W IN-Command
Front speakers: hand-me-down Boston speakers from a buddy of mine (all of the woofer cones were blown and subsequently disconnected Confused)
Sub: Chrysalis Starfire 10 250 watt
Center + surround speakers: Old Sony system (probably 15+ years old)
Gaming: PS3
Video streaming: Roku XD
Thumbs Up 
This is a lovely humble start... tho growing pretty fast, thanks for sharing..
Nice clean setup. My only recommendation would be to change the case to one that sits horizontally (so it could sit on the shelf or whatever) or to hide your desktop behind the electronics. Again, that's just what I would do. I hate seeing ANYTHING unneccessary. Good setup!
(2015-04-17, 21:23)Fail$tyle420 Wrote: Nice clean setup. My only recommendation would be to change the case to one that sits horizontally (so it could sit on the shelf or whatever) or to hide your desktop behind the electronics. Again, that's just what I would do. I hate seeing ANYTHING unneccessary. Good setup!
Thank you!
Yes, A pretty Silverstone case would be nice and I may go that route eventually. The thing I like about the tower is it has two hot-swap hard drive bays that may be useful when I fill the 6 TB drive space I have on my my main computer which is currently functioning as a media server
Cheers!
After many years of different HTPC cases and systems, I'd honestly say go with something like a Raspberry Pi 2 that you can hide. Best thing rather than a nice HTPC case is one you don't see at all.
Kodi DSPlayer with madVR would be a nice complement to your graphics card. I think it is wasted on DVDPlayer.

223175 (thread)
(2015-04-22, 10:35)Warner306 Wrote: Kodi DSPlayer with madVR would be a nice complement to your graphics card. I think it is wasted on DVDPlayer.

223175 (thread)
Thanks for the suggestion Warner 306. I read the thread you linked. Does this alternative player make better use of the graphics card's capabilities and subsequently produce a better picture/sound?
Nice setup!
nice setup, makes me want to do an htpc

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
My humble start with new Kodi HTPC setup0