XBMC FTP-Server get "Kicked by Administrator" then "421 Too many users are connected"
Hi again,

the problem seems to be linked to the reliability of the network link.

I did some experimenting and discovered that ftp works almost 100%
perfect when _not_ using a wlan link. I had a wrt54gl setup as a
bridged client for some time, changed that -> ftp to xbmc works
fine.

I want to stress though that I had no problems ftp'ing to the evox dash
with the wlan setup.

Regards,

Matthias.
wonko Wrote:Hi again,

the problem seems to be linked to the reliability of the network link.

I did some experimenting and discovered that ftp works almost 100%
perfect when _not_ using a wlan link. I had a wrt54gl setup as a
bridged client for some time, changed that -> ftp to xbmc works
fine.

I want to stress though that I had no problems ftp'ing to the evox dash
with the wlan setup.

Regards,

Matthias.

mine's just started doing this and it's pissing me off as I was trying to back up XBMC before doing an upgrade.
anyway, my xbox is connected via a powerline networking adaptor that's reliable. the only thing that seems to help is to within the FTP client on my mac reduce the bandwidth available to the FTP program, cyberduck. knocked it back to 200kb/sec up and down and it appears to be OK so far, touch wood...not sure if the xbox's FTP server's just getting overloaded?
Hi,

I was using fillzilla and despite setting the max no of users to 10 on my xbox was still getting the too many users error in filezilla. My xbox was showing 10 users connected.

I switched to FlashFXP my xbox only ever shows 1 user connected it works fine and it's very fast.

So the first thing to do is try a different ftp program I am using FlashFXP 3.6.0 (build 1240).

It might be worth mentioning that I had this problem immediately after softmodding my xbox, just trying to install xbmc.

I hope this is of some help.
For anyone still following this issue. I just came across it, and solved it for me.
Using XBMC FTP worked fine using WLAN or when connected to router using a short UTP cable. When I ran a longer cable to the lounge installing my own RJ45 plugs onto the UTP cable, suddenly I started getting this error.
I ran Evox dash FTP and it was fine.
I use Directory Opus as my FTP prog on the PC and it showed the problem occurred for XBMC FTP at speeds of about 10MBps (I think thats bytes so approx 100Mbits/sec). The WLAN was never that fast.
With evox, it got up to that speed but tooks 30secs or so winding up to that speed (supposing that means anything!).
Well given it was fine on a short (factory) UTP cable, I cut off the RJ45 plugs and redid them carefully as I know the pin layout, pair twisting and good contact are important, more so with a longer cable.
Now all is fine with XBMC FTP. I guess it is more affected by network errors.

Incidentally, the UTP cable layout I used was "Straight-Through Cable Pin Out for T568B" as described at http://www.ertyu.org/steven_nikkel/ethernetcables.html.
Switching from Filezilla to FlashFxp resolved this issue for me.
This looks like an old thread resurrected, but I thought I'd share my findings as well. I have my computer and xbox hooked up to a router. CPU cable is 6', Xbox cable is about 25'. I found that I kept getting "Kicked by Admin" error codes with CoreFTP and FlashFXP midway through transfers at various percentages. I don't have Evo-X dashboard and I don't feel like messing with my xbox much so ...

My fix: Enter "recovery mode" for XBMC! Hold White + Y while XBMC boots up. I still notice my FTP transfers "hang" a bit occasionally, but I get a pretty steady 10 MB/s transfering between the xbox and I don't have to monitor it like before.

Edit: I'm using XBMC-SVN_2008-12-07_rev16491-T3CH build.
I'm getting the same, wasn't with older XBMC versions I had, <2008.
I'm also having this problem, even in the most recent T3CHs build.
I'm using Filezilla with 1 connection and I don't have any problems. XBMC is slower than UnleashX/EvoX because it does much more things in the background. I don't know if opening more connections to the Xbox helps in any way, although probably the HDD could take a bit more, the CPU is probably the bound here.
I'm using Filezilla too, no problems.

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
Hi. I know this thread is old, but I solved my problem with the "421 kicked by administrator" problem. Here's what I did.

I noticed that my Internet connection was using the same default gateway as my extra network card I use with my xbox. So I changed my xbox gateway whole different and the second I noticed that my connection to xbox is really working.

By working I mean that my flashfxp connects to the xbox on the first attempt, and the best part, the connection stays stable. No more "421" nightmare.

Could someone try this and report back if it really was helping?

I have xbox 1.6b with duox2 modchip.

cheers
kone
Having the same problem. SVN ~26.07.09, i have no SVN-nr. atm, sorry
Putting XBMC in Recovery-Mode via "y" and "White" helps. Strange Problem Huh
Philips TV with Kodi 20.2 with IPTV --- Orbsmart 500 Android 21 alpha/beta as Online-radio/TV in the kitchen
I was having this problem and my workaround emphasises the importance of trying different software.

I am running XBMC (recent SVN, I forget exactly which one)

FileZilla 3.0.7.1 from my Ubuntu server machine was getting 300kbps.
FileZilla 3.2.6.1 from a VMWare XP install on the same hardware gets 7MBps with identical settings.

No firewalls, xbox and server are plugged into a netgear router. So it's worth trying different versions of stuff.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC FTP-Server get "Kicked by Administrator" then "421 Too many users are connected"0