Aeon Nox in 21:9
*HEAVY BREATHING*
I pushed a very early version to github if people are interested in testing. Keep in mind that weather, music and pictures section are mostly not done yet and that some viewtypes are not yet available or incomplete.

EDIT: Only for Isengard. github link
Nice one! Will give a shot tomorrow when I get home. Looking forward to trying it out. What's the GitHub link?
See link in edit now, cheers.
Trying it out here now. I thought I might have got it working on my CIH setup but no joy so far. The resolution on the projector is 1920x1080 but skin is for true 21:9/1080p resolution. I've changed the add on settings to use the 21:9 skin folder but its appearing cut off. Was hoping it would have appear the same way a 21:9 movie does, with bars above and below, so I don't think this suits those of us with CIH setups, just those with 21:9 TVs (and the resolution that goes along with it)?

(..fingers crossed for something really simple I missed to make this work Big Grin )
Afaik that would only work by running a custom 21x9 resolution and having a 1:1 pixelmapping display. 1920x822 for example.
Yeah, I've tried in the past to set a resolution like that on the OpenELEC/Projector but had no luck. I dont think the projector can handle it anyways.
Can't wait got a 138 inch screen 2.35:1 screen no more zooming out in menu
(2015-05-27, 09:54)Saskue Wrote: Can't wait got a 138 inch screen 2.35:1 screen no more zooming out in menu

Can your projector do a resolution like 2560x1080 or 1920x800 or is your projector 1920x1080?
I don't know of any projector with a 2.35:1 (21:9) resolution, I think they all are 16:9.

If this skin needs a physical 21:9 resolution like those widescreen monitors, I guess this won't work with projectors.

I think for projector support we would need a 16:9 skin, but with all GUI elements placed inside 800px height (if full HD). And this 800px height GUI would have to be moved to the upper end and the lower end of the screen (like it is possible today with the vertical height setting when watching a 21:9 movie).

But I don't know if this is something BigNoid can support in this skin.
Yeah I didnt think any projectors could do 21:9, wasn't sure though. Though something out there might have handled it in some way. It would be great if BigNoid could stick something in but as the skin is based on a 2560x1080 resolutions it might not be the case (would happily be wrong here).

If its not the case I'm working on modding Aeon Nox at the minute in this exact way (over at this thread). Placing all elements inside the 800px height. Tested it out on my projector and its working good so far. I'm not an experienced skinner though (I'm a software dev) so I'll likely miss quite a lot Smile Not taking anything from BigNoid, his work is awesome, just unfortunatley not suitable for my setup.
It is of course coded for a 21:9 resolution. What you guys want is to code black bars in the application, this I wont do. Black bars will be added by the display if you setup a custom 21:9 resolution. AMD, Intel and Nvidia support custom resolutions and can disable scaling, so not sure why this wont work.
No one expected you to code the black bars Smile Just wondering if there was a way to get it wrking we hadn't thought of. I'll try the custom resolutions thing again but I didnt have any luck with it in the past. You talking about modifying the xorg.conf file and it outputting in a way that the project would still handle?
(2015-05-27, 12:25)BigNoid Wrote: It is of course coded for a 21:9 resolution. What you guys want is to code black bars in the application, this I wont do. Black bars will be added by the display if you setup a custom 21:9 resolution. AMD, Intel and Nvidia support custom resolutions and can disable scaling, so not sure why this wont work.

I can't test this atm, but I guess a 16:9 projector won't accept custom 21:9 resolutions.
I have been modding Aeon Nox for years to accommodate my 21.9 setup and I have it setup perfectly. You just need a projector preferably with lens memory that's capable of zooming in to display a 21.9 picture. I currently have a custom downsampled resolution (Nvidia GTX 980) at 3200x1360 displaying on a 130 inch 2.35:1 screen. My projector is a Mitsubishi HC4000 1920x1080.
Display: LG OLED77C9 | A/V Receiver: Denon AVR-X4500H | 2019 Nvidia Shield Tv Pro | Apple TV 4K | 2017 Roku Ultra | HTPC | Game PC | PS5 

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox in 21:92