PIL error on Android: The _imaging C module is not installed
Hey Folks

I know PIL on Android has been a bit of an issue, but I thought it was fixed?

I had had a report (here: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1974523)

of an error with PIL on Android that I have not seen on any other platform.

Code:
17:47:40 T:1552970504   DEBUG: ### Oz Weather-0.8.0 ### Exception:Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.semperpax.spmc/files/.spmc/addons/weather.ozweather/default.py", line 397, in downloadBackground
                                                rgbimg = im.convert('RGBA')
                                              File "/data/data/com.semperpax.spmc/cache/apk/assets/addons/script.module.pil/lib/PIL/Image.py", line 679, in convert
                                                self.load()
                                              File "/data/data/com.semperpax.spmc/cache/apk/assets/addons/script.module.pil/lib/PIL/ImageFile.py", line 164, in load
                                                self.load_prepare()
                                              File "/data/data/com.semperpax.spmc/cache/apk/assets/addons/script.module.pil/lib/PIL/PngImagePlugin.py", line 381, in load_prepare
                                                ImageFile.ImageFile.load_prepare(self)
                                              File "/data/data/com.semperpax.spmc/cache/apk/assets/addons/script.module.pil/lib/PIL/ImageFile.py", line 231, in load_prepare
                                                self.im = Image.core.new(self.mode, self.size)
                                              File "/data/data/com.semperpax.spmc/cache/apk/assets/addons/script.module.pil/lib/PIL/Image.py", line 37, in __getattr__
                                                raise ImportError("The _imaging C module is not installed")
                                            ImportError: The _imaging C module is not installed

I'm told these are the system details:

Quote:What do you need to know?

The device is the Amazon Fire TV (not the stick)

I'm running a rooted ROM ... I think version 51.1.4.3_514020320

When I posted the error log I was running SPMC 14.2 launcher version

I have since changed to elmerohueso's launcher version of Kodi Helix 14.2..... The radar function was broken here also, and the issue was resolved by copying the images from my windows box ... I never checked the log but I assume it was the same error

The FireTV is connected via ethernet as opposed to wifi

Let me know if you require any further info

Cheers

Wazza

Thanks for any help!
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
Might be a packaging issue on SPMC. I'll have a look
Yep - I tested the addon on my nexus7 just now with 14.2 and it's fine, so probably indeed specific. Thanks!
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Well, tried on spmc 14.2 and it works fine, too.
Not sure what the reporter issue might be...
Including animated radars with the backgrounds in place? I.e enable extended features in settings, use the skin file etc?
Yep
OK thanks for testing. Will chalk it to user error....
I also get a similar, repeatable error, which is thrown whenever I open any media file after opening Kodi (Isengard final, AFTV) running the Mimic sk, which has Toolbox Script as a dependency:

http://xbmclogs.com/pmtapehsm

I have tested it with a clean config, with no add-ons other than Log Update, and those Mimic installs direct from the official repo.
Problem is likely with Fire OS. After updating to OS 5 the errors go away.
Cool. Thanks for the tip.
Running OS 5 now, still getting the error.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PIL error on Android: The _imaging C module is not installed0