v15 No sql database?
Hello running latest kodi openelec on my intelnuc.
I wanted to mae a shered database on my synology nas.
I made a user on it called kodi and is has acces.
But when i export my libraries i think it is saving it somewhere on the ssd in my nuc instead of pushing it to the database.
How can i solev this?
Also made an advanced settings.xml for kodi and it is on the nuc where.
Any adv it supposed to be.
Any help appreciated.
It depends how you import your shares, how your folder structure looks like and how you export your library.

If you have a "movies"-folder where all the movies are under this one and having their own folders....like this:

-movies (as the source)
---movie a (as a subfolder)
------movie_files_a
---movie b (as a subfolder)
------movie_files_b
---movie c (as a subfolder)
------movie_files_c

and you have selected "movies are in seperate folders that match the movie title" as you set up the source, and you then export your library to "seperate files", then all your NFO files will be saved in their movie folder. For example "movie_files_a.nfo" is then in the folder "movie a" on your NAS

If you export your library to a "single file" (which should be a XML file then), then you have to select a location, where you want to save it.

The "advancedsettings.xml" is in your "userdata" folder. The location of your userdata folder is:

Code:
/storage/.kodi/userdata

If the NFO files aren´t at the location I mentioned, please explain how your folder structure looks like and in which way you exported your library.

If you are using a MySQL Database, then I´m out...no knowledge for this Wink

Greets
Did you follow the mySQL guide in the wiki? That explains how to set up a central database to use from multiple Kodi instances
(2015-04-15, 14:59)mbuzina Wrote: Did you follow the mySQL guide in the wiki? That explains how to set up a central database to use from multiple Kodi instances

yes id did but it still doesn't use it
(2015-04-15, 14:36)David1977 Wrote: It depends how you import your shares, how your folder structure looks like and how you export your library.

If you have a "movies"-folder where all the movies are under this one and having their own folders....like this:

-movies (as the source)
---movie a (as a subfolder)
------movie_files_a
---movie b (as a subfolder)
------movie_files_b
---movie c (as a subfolder)
------movie_files_c

and you have selected "movies are in seperate folders that match the movie title" as you set up the source, and you then export your library to "seperate files", then all your NFO files will be saved in their movie folder. For example "movie_files_a.nfo" is then in the folder "movie a" on your NAS

If you export your library to a "single file" (which should be a XML file then), then you have to select a location, where you want to save it.

The "advancedsettings.xml" is in your "userdata" folder. The location of your userdata folder is:

Code:
/storage/.kodi/userdata

If the NFO files aren´t at the location I mentioned, please explain how your folder structure looks like and in which way you exported your library.

If you are using a MySQL Database, then I´m out...no knowledge for this Wink

Greets
Set it up as you say,and indeed there are a .nfo fil in the movie folder.
Exported as seperate files.
Should i export is as a single file then to use th mysql database?
I want to post debug log but can'tfind out how?
B[/quote]ut i can't find any problems why it doesn''t connect to mysqldb?
When you set up the initial mysql database, it'll be empty. You should have no library showing at this point. If you have, you're either still using the local db or have successfully populated the shared db.

Exporting your library will create NFOs or a single file that contains all your library data. It does not populate the database, as that's an *import* instead.

So, normal process if you have an existing library is:

1. Export to NFOs/single file
2. Create mysql db
3. Create advancedsettings.xml to point to the new db
4. Restart Kodi to give you a blank library
5. Import or re-scan your media to populate the new (shared) db

You can find how to create a debug log here: debug log (wiki)

Use pastebin or xbmclogs to store the resulting log, then post the link here.
Well after reboot the kodi player i can see some music db and video db in mysql only music is empty and video is only showing 9 files.
I know for sure there is more on my nas.
Does it take long for the db'to populate?
Thanks for your help.
No, should be over fairly quickly, depending on how you're importing/scraping. And there'd normally be a progress bar to show you what's happening either way.

Definitely debug_log (wiki) o'clock in my book.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No sql database?0