• 1(current)
Release Library Node Editor
*** this is addon is for kodi isengard and up ***

support for custom nodes in the music library has been added to kodi recently.
therefor i have updated the video node editor to also include support for music library nodes.

no idea what this is about? read the wiki article on custom nodes.

if you're interested in using the the addon, you find it in the addon repo.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Did this ever get added mate?

I can't find it in the Official Repo...

EDIT: Ahh it is there, but doesnt show up on the addons website yet. Guess its because its Isengard only?

Tested and works well, heres my re-arranged Music Menu with the latest added albums as the first choice. Awesome!

(2015-07-15, 18:59)zag Wrote: Did this ever get added mate?

I can't find it in the Official Repo...

EDIT: Ahh it is there, but doesnt show up on the addons website yet. Guess its because its Isengard only?

yup
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Ok first problem I have found, there doesnt seem to be a Parent Node default for Music.

Is it needed?

(2015-07-15, 19:25)zag Wrote: Is it needed?

would be great if you could tell me :-)
i didn't create this addon, nor do i use it.
Seems like its not needed. I managed to create a parent music node fine just using "None"
I am wondering if there are any plans to do away with the customs nodes and implement separate libraries. I tried the custom nodes before to separate X-Rated movies from regular movies and i worked very poorly. The recently added stuff wasn't working and when browsing the Genres and Actors in the regular nodes, all the x-rated genres were there and the actresses were there..

This was with Gotham 13.2 mind you... Has it improved since then?
[4 Kodi Clients + 4 Norco RPC-4224 Media Servers w/376 TB HDD Space]
(2015-07-16, 19:26)Pr.Sinister Wrote: I am wondering if there are any plans to do away with the customs nodes and implement separate libraries. I tried the custom nodes before to separate X-Rated movies from regular movies and i worked very poorly. The recently added stuff wasn't working and when browsing the Genres and Actors in the regular nodes, all the x-rated genres were there and the actresses were there..

you probably need to edited those nodes to exclude x-rated stuff?
I tried but it wouldn't work...I had tagged all the x-rated movies with XXX and excluded that tag from the main node but Genres don't have a tag. Nor do Actors. there is no rule for that. I also tried saying don't include anything in that folder but it doesn't work for Genres or Actors either
i briefly tested it and it does work ok on my end.
here's the custom Genre node i created:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<node order="1" type="filter">
  <label>genres</label>
  <icon>DefaultGenre.png</icon>
  <content>movies</content>
  <group>genres</group>
  <rule field="tag" operator="doesnotcontain">
    <value>XXX</value>
  </rule>
</node>

edit:
i manually created that file, i didn't use this addon to do it.
Okey doke... I will try it tonight and see...

Thanks!
Yes it does work, I do this for my main movie library (exclude things via their file path).

@Pr.Sinister, I came from a multi library HTPC software to Kodi and really missed the ease of seperating things. But actually Nodes work really well now and you can link them to the main menu as well, or submenus. It actually works even better than I could have imagined. This Add-on makes them accisible to the novice user, but its actually a very powerful system based on smartplaylists underneath.

There are still a few quirks with the smartplaylist logic, and in the way VA music is displayed, but nothing that couldnt be sorted out in the future.

I have nodes for Movies, Top 250 IMDB, Kids Movies, Sports Events, Extreme Sports DVDs, MotorDVDs all linked to the main menu.
Unfortunately, i still have to stay with different profiles for my setup.

I have X-Rated movies and X-Rated episodes and the fact that skin widgets do not take into account the custom nodes is a deal breaker or me.

When i add new x-rated movies and episodes, they show up in my recently added widgets and in the random movies and even in the recommended episodes.

It really is a shame that Kodi won't let us have multiple separate libraries like Plex does...

Right now, i just have a custom action that loads the Adult profile.

-Pr.
lovin this addon... and found a bug

it creates rules as "studios" (and does not work) meanwhile smartPlaylists do "studio"

excuse the cross-posting please.
i logged it on the gitHub project (issue4 - not sure which you prefer)
rPi 2&3 | android phones | fireHD8 | linux | win10 + NFS NAS w/ mySQL + props to...
libreElecyatse, titan, AELflexGet, context.manageTags (a zosky original)
(2015-09-19, 13:22)zosky Wrote: lovin this addon... and found a bug

it creates rules as "studios" (and does not work) meanwhile smartPlaylists do "studio"

excuse the cross-posting please.
i logged it on the gitHub project (issue4 - not sure which you prefer)

thanx for the report!
could you please test if it's fixed in this version:
plugin.library.node.editor-0.0.3.zip
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Library Node Editor3