• 7(current)
Release Library Node Editor
Thanks for raising this here Zag.

That gap I would really like to find a way to fill is that as a user having found an example node (on wiki or foum post etc.) that does something I want there is no easy way to get it from my browser into my Kodi menu in the place I choose. It currently entails the copying and pasting of files (trivial on Windows but, as I found recently, more a fiddle on my RPi based lounge system), and for many users that is too hard. Otherwise I have to work through the node editor recreating the example rule/component at a time

The other gap is an organised and accessible way to show users examples they might like. Often they don't even know what is possible to know that they want to look for it. We have a forum thread, but the examples do get hard to find in the jumble of discussion.

Smart playlists are in the same situation.

But true is could be feature creep for the node editor to do this. Fancy looking at creating a separate addon?
Yep 99% of our users do not read this forum, let alone find that example thread Smile

I've tried submitting Nodes to the kodi project but that was rejected so I guess we are looking at an Add-on to fill the need somehow.

I had a similar issue trying to get a new node copied onto my Nvida shield recently. Very hard for advanced users, let alone first time users.
(2016-09-18, 15:21)zag Wrote: I had a similar issue trying to get a new node copied onto my Nvida shield recently. Very hard for advanced users, let alone first time users.
A slightly easier route suggested to me by another user was to use the Node Editor to create a new node (and thus also copy all the default nodes in place if this happens to be the first custom node you created). Then access that xml file and paste in the example code. Still leaves you editing a file, but may be a little less faff.

I had been taking the copy/paste manual approach as easy (while on windows dev manchine), the Pi required more fiddling.
(2016-09-18, 15:44)DaveBlake Wrote:
(2016-09-18, 15:21)zag Wrote: I had a similar issue trying to get a new node copied onto my Nvida shield recently. Very hard for advanced users, let alone first time users.
A slightly easier route suggested to me by another user was to use the Node Editor to create a new node (and thus also copy all the default nodes in place if this happens to be the first custom node you created). Then access that xml file and paste in the example code. Still leaves you editing a file, but may be a little less faff.

I had been taking the copy/paste manual approach as easy (while on windows dev manchine), the Pi required more fiddling.
C/p seems really hard to do to me..first of all you're not always with a PC with full keyboard to do that, second you still have to find that xml to paste and then you still can't customize it at all.
I think a separate addon is quite better..
My idea is to group the examples for major type (for example video or audio), then for type (tv show, movie, episodes ) and then list all the possible examples (best rated movies, animated movies, movies not watched etc etc).
This will also allow to interact and let the user customize it.
For example:
Video -> movies -> best movies will prompt a dialog to let the user choose a minimum rating ando minimum votes
Video -> TV shows -> TV show by genre will prompt you a list of TV shows to chose the genre you want
The hard part is still understand where to place the node..
Would it be possible to make a web interface that could edit the nodes? That way you could edit them rule by rule/component by component as this add-on, and have the possibility to have a text box in your browser where you could paste an example node.
this is a great addon that saves all that manual xml work!

I created a node in which I wanted all my Star Trek episodes to show in descending airdate:

Code:
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
<node type="filter">
    <label>Star Trek</label>
    <content>episodes</content>
    <order direction="descending">year</order>
    <rule field="tvshow" operator="contains">
        <value>Star Trek</value>
    </rule>
</node>

It performs the search perfectly, but there's one issue.

I can only use the views:
- List
- Big List
- Thumbnails
in Confluence (Jarvis).
&
- IconWall
- WideList
in Estuary (Krypton).

Have I done something wrong or is this a limitation of the library or the skins?

thanks!
4x R-Pi4b LibreELEC v10 | Aeon Nox: SiLVO | Flirc cases
Storage Synology DS411 | 4 x WD RED 6TB
Software MariaDB 10.4.19 | Filebot | Ember Media Manager
wiki (wiki) | First time user (wiki) | Debug_Log (wiki) | mysql (wiki) | artwork (wiki)
Those are the only views available for episodes.
(2016-09-20, 18:52)Hitcher Wrote: Those are the only views available for episodes.

thanks for the info, Hitcher
4x R-Pi4b LibreELEC v10 | Aeon Nox: SiLVO | Flirc cases
Storage Synology DS411 | 4 x WD RED 6TB
Software MariaDB 10.4.19 | Filebot | Ember Media Manager
wiki (wiki) | First time user (wiki) | Debug_Log (wiki) | mysql (wiki) | artwork (wiki)
@DaveBlake - apologies as I should have included this in the previous PR regarding path-based music nodes and roles but, well, my head wasn't in the right place at the time and I never even thought of it. Would you mind testing https://github.com/XBMC-Addons/plugin.li...tor/pull/9 when you have time. Now that the base-path for roles is known, this adds the ability to browse for a role value (either the 'roleid' integer or the text-based 'role') when adding that as a component to any other path-based node rather than having to manually specify the value.

Thanks.
Thanks @BobCratchett, just spotted your post. Will give it a try and feed back on Git
Not sure if this is the best place to get the answer to this, but I'll try here first before trying elsewhere...

@ronie - do you know what the first version of Kodi this Library Node Editor supports is? The Video Node Editor is still available to install on Krypton despite having been replaced by this, so if I know what version the Library Node Editor works from, I'll do a PR to get the Video Node Editor disabled from that version onwards. (And note to self, update the wiki to link to the Video Node Editor)

Edit - The earliest reference I can find to the Library Node Editor is with Isengard, so I've created this PR for the Video Node Editor subject to any correction on versions Smile
@BobCratchett yup this addon is available for Kodi Isengard and up.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Hello,

I've just created my first node with the Library Node Editor.

But I must be doing something wrong, because it doesn't show up.

These are the steps I did to create the node :

1 - Opened the add-on and chose Video Library
2 - I've chosen "Tv Shows"
3 - clicked New Node
4 - Named it HDD 1
5 - Opened the context menu and changed the order to "7"
6 - Clicked on the "HDD 1" node
7 - Clicked on "Add Content"
8 - Clicked on "TV Shows"
9 - Clicked on "Add Rule"
10 - Clicked on "Title" and then chose "Path" from the list
11 - Clicked on <No Value> and then typed HDD 1
12 - Clicked on Browse for Value and chose HDD 1 from the list
13 - Then the screen was like this :
Path
Contains
J:\HDD 1
14 - I then backed out to the home menu
15 - I went into TV Shows
16 - I then went up a directory to get to the nodes screen
17 - Then all I got was this :
Genres
Title
Year
Actors
Studios
Tags

No HDD 1 node in that list ?

What am I doing wrong ?

Probably has something to do with the "set visibility condition" ?
But I have no idea what to type in that window.

Can somebody help me out with this ?
Thanks in advance.
Look in the video menu itself. You should see it there, and it can be added to favorites etc.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
I have the Amber skin, maybe it doesn't support nodes ?
And I use Kodi 16.1
I had already checked the video menu, the node is not in there.

As I understand the nodes, I've created the node inside "TV Shows",
doesn't that mean that it should only be visible in there ?

Maybe I have to create a parent node instead ?

EDIT: I've just created a parent node, but it doesn't show up either.
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Library Node Editor3