• 10(current)
Release Library Node Editor
I wanted to try out the Editor to add recently added to the tv shows in Kodi 17, but I get constant errors.

Code:
23:41:53.880 T:13172   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.library.node.editor/?ltype=video
23:41:53.880 T:13172   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.library.node.editor/?ltype=video) failed
23:41:55.639 T:17680   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnicodeDecodeError'>
                                            Error Contents: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 9: ordinal not in range(128)
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.library.node.editor\addon.py", line 844, in <module>
                                                Main()
                                              File "C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.library.node.editor\addon.py", line 277, in __init__
                                                self.NodesList(targetDir)
                                              File "C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.library.node.editor\addon.py", line 286, in NodesList
                                                self.listNodes( targetDir, nodes )
                                              File "C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.library.node.editor\addon.py", line 598, in listNodes
                                                self.parseItem( os.path.join( targetDir, file.decode( "utf-8" ) ), nodes )
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\Lib\ntpath.py", line 85, in join
                                                result_path = result_path + p_path
                                            UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 9: ordinal not in range(128)
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
Hi, I also have the same problem with adding icon option.
I created a new video node and used the "change icon" option, which lead to an error.

Kodi Log

In the Log above see line 1762.
Which skins, except for Estuary and Confluence, support this addon?
(2017-03-14, 23:19)baza_dwa Wrote: Which skins, except for Estuary and Confluence, support this addon?
Transparency! done a few already.
(2017-02-05, 10:32)Mysticode Wrote: I've added a parent node in Krypton (stock skin), and I can't find the new node in my main menu. Did I forget some important step? Any help is appreciated!

Hi!

Reload skin. This is a bug of the plugin
I keep getting 'Installation Failed.' No idea why but I must admit I'm still learning about Kodi.

Any help would be appreciated.

PC Windows 10 Pro. Stock Estuary skin.

Thanks. Smile
moved to Windows forum
Hi

I have Kodi 17.1 with Estuary MOD and I use mysql database.

I want to have two nodes for my tvshows, depending on the path (two paths).

~/.kodi/userdata/library/video/tvshowsT/titles.xml :

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
<node order="2" type="filter">
<label>369</label>
<icon>DefaultTVShowTitle.png</icon>
<content>tvshows</content>
<order direction="ascending">sorttitle</order>
<rule field="path" operator="contains">
<value>smb://192.168.1.1/T/tvshows/</value>
</rule>
</node>

Sometimes I have the same tvshow in both paths. In the first path are the episodes 1x01 to 1x08, for example, and in the second from 1x01 to 4x12.

When I enter my first node "tvshows T" in "Titles" I only see the tvshows corresponding to the first path, but if I enter inside it, I see ALL the seasons (1 to 4) and inside all the episodes, some duplicates. Why ?

Can anobody help me ?

Thanks
Anyone can tell how to show the item I created by node editor in "home menu of 17.3"?
eg.
Create an another movie parent node like as default node of MOVIE and name it as MOVIExtra, and I cannot see my new creating MOVIExtra icon when i return to home menu, eventhoug I restart kodi?
After a little bit's research, I cannot figure out what difference between smart playlist and library node editor if it doesn't have shortcut function in home menu?
Hi all

I have some question about a UPNP source, which I'd like to get working as a link in my music library.

Path is:
upnp://0011325b-329b-0011-9d32-9d325b321100/24

I saved this in Kodi into my Media Folder as source. It is a path to my Music Database hosted on my NAS (new added music).
I'd like now, that I can success over the music library to get access to this Path containing my new added music.

Is there a way to get this working?
I've tried this on two different computers with the same results. Am I doing something wrong?

This is how I have it all organized:

Concerts custom node pointed at --->Concerts (sources)
  • smb path 1 (first path visible in "Concerts" custom node) (this path was added first to the Concerts source then the remaining two paths were added after the "Concerts"node was created)
  • smb path 2 (fails to show in node but is visible in Concerts source)
  • local path 3 (fails to show in node but is visible in Concerts source)
Results are that the "Concerts" custom node only shows videos from the fist path created in the Concerts source. Videos in the two remaining sources added to the Concerts source after the node was created fail to be visible in the "Concerts" node.

No custom node for Movies sources
Movies (sources) --->
  • smb path 1
  • smb path 2
  • local path 4
No custom node yet for tv sources
TV (sources) --->
  • smb path 1
  • smb path 2
  • local path 5

Kidflix custom node pointed at ---> Kidflix (sources) --->
  • smb path 1 (fails to show in node but is visible in Kidflix source)
  • smb path 2 (fails to show in node but is visible in Kidflix source)
  • local path 3 (fails to show in node but is visible in Kidflix source)
All Kidflix paths were added to the Kidflix source before the Kidflix node was created resulting in a failure to see any videos in the Kidflix node while all files are visible in the Kidflix source.

I tried creating new nodes several times and several different ways on two different computers with the same results.

The only thing I haven't tried is eliminating the multipath in one source and instead add multiple single path sources to a node.
Like many others I had failed to use the "Concerts"-Section to add my Live-Concert-DVDs to Kodi for years and given up on this long ago. 

Yesterday I wanted to give it another try and after reading through several threads on this topic I stumbled across the Node-Editor and the suggestion to add Concerts as movies, scrape them with TMDB and use a node to divert them from the "real" movies. 

I moved the concerts to a dedicated "Concerts"-folder and created the correct folder-names for each concert, so that the TMDB-scraper can identify them. 

I succeeded in creating a Concerts-Node, add the correct rules to it and create a Main-Menu-Entry in Aeon-Nox for the node. 
After updating the video-library the concerts are being scraped correctly and show up in the newly created Concerts-Section. 

So far, so good.

But!!! 
How can I keep these Concerts out of the Movie-View? 
They show up in the Concerts-Section AND in the Movies-Section, and that's not the full purpose of it.
(2017-12-23, 12:53)momo03 Wrote: Like many others I had failed to use the "Concerts"-Section to add my Live-Concert-DVDs to Kodi for years and given up on this long ago. 

Yesterday I wanted to give it another try and after reading through several threads on this topic I stumbled across the Node-Editor and the suggestion to add Concerts as movies, scrape them with TMDB and use a node to divert them from the "real" movies. 

I moved the concerts to a dedicated "Concerts"-folder and created the correct folder-names for each concert, so that the TMDB-scraper can identify them. 

I succeeded in creating a Concerts-Node, add the correct rules to it and create a Main-Menu-Entry in Aeon-Nox for the node. 
After updating the video-library the concerts are being scraped correctly and show up in the newly created Concerts-Section. 

So far, so good.

But!!! 
How can I keep these Concerts out of the Movie-View? 
They show up in the Concerts-Section AND in the Movies-Section, and that's not the full purpose of it.
 Basically you can't at the moment I don't think because of the way the skin works on that Movies library item.

I just create another node for my main movies and access it through the sub menu from Estuary. That works but its not ideal.
Hi people,
(This question may be in the wrong subforum, being a skinning question)

Do any of you know how to open this addon in a subdirectory?

Currently i have the following <onclick> function to op the addon:

<onclick>ActivateWindow(programs,plugin://plugin.library.node.editor/?ltype=video,return)</onclick>

- This opens the addon in the video library. Is it possible to open it in a subdirectory (Movies, Tv Shows etc.) instead?

Thanks,
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Library Node Editor3