• 11(current)
Release Library Node Editor
Hi all,i need a help please.
I created a new parent node called "film italiani" but every time i enter in that section it show me all nodes:
All i want is go straight to the movie list.
Thanks
I was just wondering if the Library Node editor has been updated yet as it's throwing an error.
Code:
ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory

Log: https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/ZvhXFdNHhM/

EDIT: More info.

Steps to reproduce the error:

Portable build.
  1. Delete portable_data folder to start fresh.
  2. Install Library Node editor.
  3. Launch Library Node editor.
  4. New Parent Node...
  5. Open that node.
  6. Create new node.
  7. Then try opening that node.
Error as shown and log file shows this error.

I've created a bunch of custom parent nodes and content nodes manually using a text editor and these are correctly shown when running Kodi on OSX on multiple instances when I copy them to userdata/library/video/. But when I do the same running on an AppleTV (same skin, same Kodi version) my manually created custom nodes doesn't show, they aren't listed as nodes in videos.

I first thought there was an issue with custom nodes and Kodi on AppleTV, but nodes and parent nodes created using Library Node Editor are shown. I've compared the folder structure and XMLs that Library Node Editor creates on the AppleTV to my manually created nodes, and they are pretty much identical.

So is the Library Node Editor doing something more than just creating folders and XMLs in the userdata/library/video/ folder?

Edit: I just discovered that the nodes are visible when browsing the videos screen the regular way, but not when browsing the video nodes in the skin settings to setup the home screen they aren't listed. So perhaps this is a skin issue.
I'm trying to add a new node to Movies that will show 4K Movies only.
Unfortunately whatever value in "Video Resolution" Rule I put I'm not getting 4K movies on the list.
Results I tested are as follow:
Video Resolution is not 1080 -> all except 1080 and 4K movies are listed, including those having a "mark" SD
Video Resolution greater than 1080 -> no results
Video Resolution is 2160 -> no results
Video Resolution less than 720 -> only movies with "SD" mark are listed:

Does anyone knows if it is possible to get the only 4K Movies node?
(2019-01-12, 19:46)rafikW Wrote: I'm trying to add a new node to Movies that will show 4K Movies only.
Unfortunately whatever value in "Video Resolution" Rule I put I'm not getting 4K movies on the list.
Results I tested are as follow:
Video Resolution is not 1080 -> all except 1080 and 4K movies are listed, including those having a "mark" SD
Video Resolution greater than 1080 -> no results
Video Resolution is 2160 -> no results
Video Resolution less than 720 -> only movies with "SD" mark are listed:

Does anyone knows if it is possible to get the only 4K Movies node?
 Leia (v17) or Krypton (v18)?
Krypton v17
(2019-01-13, 14:36)rafikW Wrote: Krypton v17
 Then you'll probably need to add all these values as 'Video Resolution is not' -

code:
480, 576, 540, 720, 1080

When it comes to Leia you can simply use 'Video Resolution is: 4K'.
Unfortunately it doesn't work. No results.
I used a workaround: Rule - File contains 2160p
Lucky me all 4K movies I have are having that string in the name.
Does anyone know if this addon is working with Leia RC5? I am trying to set up custom nodes so based on paths as I have my library set up in folders (docos in one folder, family movies in another etc etc). I believe I am following the instructions correctly via the WIKI however after choosing my new node as a menu and clicking on the menu option on the home screen I get a list instead of options (Recently Added, Titles, Genres etc) rather being taken directly to a list of titles or a title view. Am I doing something wrong here?

Really appreciate any help.
(2019-01-17, 07:58)cambler Wrote: I am trying to set up custom nodes so based on paths as I have my library set up in folders (docos in one folder, family movies in another etc etc)
Another way to separate your movies.... Custom home items (wiki)

Sorry, can't help with your original question as I have never used this add-on.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Thanks for the reply - appreciated. I'm fairly able with most Kodi customisations and can make custom menu items without issue but trying to find an easy way to create a custom home menu option based on source seems far harder than it should be. The Skin Shortcuts addon used to do it but does not seem to work properly in the new version of Kodi. I know you can make custom nodes manually (editing text docs) however I'm using an Nvidia Shield for this install so it's not super easy to do such a thing.

I seemed to have gotten one menu item to work with this addon but then when I replicated the process for another it seemed to display the list of options again instead of the title view. It's a very obtuse process it seems Smile I'll keep banging my head against the virtual wall and see if I can jag it.
(2019-01-17, 08:32)cambler Wrote: Thanks for the reply - appreciated. I'm fairly able with most Kodi customisations and can make custom menu items without issue but trying to find an easy way to create a custom home menu option based on source seems far harder than it should be. The Skin Shortcuts addon used to do it but does not seem to work properly in the new version of Kodi. I know you can make custom nodes manually (editing text docs) however I'm using an Nvidia Shield for this install so it's not super easy to do such a thing.

I seemed to have gotten one menu item to work with this addon but then when I replicated the process for another it seemed to display the list of options again instead of the title view. It's a very obtuse process it seems Smile I'll keep banging my head against the virtual wall and see if I can jag it.
I am having exactly the same issue I think. I want to set up Cartoons node in the home menu, with a separate file source - I don't want the cartoons to appear under Series as well.
Is it even possibleHuh
Can anybody confirm that removing content - say concerts - from the "Movies" node in VideoDB is even working in Leia as of right now? Tried on 3 different platforms (Shield TV, Kodi 18 Final; LibreELEC 9 on a RPi3 & Win10 w/ Kodi 18.1 nightly) and could reproduce that setting up a path-based rule in a new node nicely defines sub-content but when trying to hide that content via a path-based rule in Movies (as shown in Wiki/Video) it always results in failure - simply not applied.

I'd be happy if somebody could prove me wrong and would tell me what to change.

PS: Smart playlists suffer from the same error.
(2019-02-02, 16:46)baza_dwa Wrote:
(2019-01-17, 08:32)cambler Wrote: Thanks for the reply - appreciated. I'm fairly able with most Kodi customisations and can make custom menu items without issue but trying to find an easy way to create a custom home menu option based on source seems far harder than it should be. The Skin Shortcuts addon used to do it but does not seem to work properly in the new version of Kodi. I know you can make custom nodes manually (editing text docs) however I'm using an Nvidia Shield for this install so it's not super easy to do such a thing.

I am having exactly the same issue I think. I want to set up Cartoons node in the home menu, with a separate file source - I don't want the cartoons to appear under Series as well.
Is it even possibleHuh 
I apologize for my English.
That's possible. For cartoons:

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
<node order="30" type="filter">
    <label>10024</label>
    <icon>DefaultMovieTitle.png</icon>
    <content>movies</content>
    <match>any</match>
    <order direction="ascending">sorttitle</order>
    <rule field="path" operator="contains">
        <value>special://home/Videos/Animation/</value>
    </rule>
</node>

For series, you need to add a rule that excludes this path to each category:

<rule field="path" operator="doesnotcontain">
        <value>special://home/Videos/Animation</value>
 </rule>
Hi,
i'm trying to create new music nodes without success (Leia).
My folder structure in general:
Music/Artist Name/year - Album

I wanted to create a new node for soundtracks.
The folder structure in that case is
Music/Various Artists/_Soundtracks_

I created a new node, content "albums", chose "path is" and browsed to the path shown above, but it always comes up empty.
I tried using "path contains" instead, a parent node instead of just a node... it always comes up empty.

Am i doing sth wrong or is it simply not possible?
KODI Player: Nvidia Shield TV Pro [2019] w/ Wolf Launcher + Synology DS418 | Receiver: Marantz SR6013 | TV: LG 55SJ800V | Toaster: Severin AT 2515

How to:
Create custom video nodes like Documentaries, Concerts, Kids etc
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Library Node Editor3