• 13(current)
Release Library Node Editor
(2019-04-08, 15:08)Dumyat Wrote: Okay, so I now have a node that when selected delivers a new random movie on each occasion, but I still can't get this to auto play the movie item when the node is selected. Is there anything I can manually add to the node that will force the item to auto-play when selected.

What I'm trying to achieve is a 'Pot Luck' type of feature for my movie library...

I've done this with Music Videos, maybe this thread will help?

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=337315
(2019-04-12, 16:19)docwra Wrote:
(2019-04-08, 15:08)Dumyat Wrote: Okay, so I now have a node that when selected delivers a new random movie on each occasion, but I still can't get this to auto play the movie item when the node is selected. Is there anything I can manually add to the node that will force the item to auto-play when selected.

What I'm trying to achieve is a 'Pot Luck' type of feature for my movie library...

I've done this with Music Videos, maybe this thread will help?

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=337315       
@docwra
Thanks, very much.
The only problem using the party mode is since the Playlist I'm using is for 1 random movie on each occasion, party mode won't work for anything under 10 items in a playlist from what I've read. However, I've had some partial success using the favourite tag and Playmedia, using the following:-

php:
<favourites>
    <favourite name="Surprise Me">PlayMedia(special://profile/playlists/video/Surprise Me.xsp)</favourite>
</favourites>

Playlist details here:-
php:
<smartplaylist type="movies">
    <name>Surprise Me</name>
    <match>all</match>
 <rule field="playcount" operator="is">
  <value>0</value>
 </rule>
    <limit>1</limit>
    <order direction="descending">random</order>
</smartplaylist>

So when the 'Surprise Me' favourite is selected, a new random movie starts playing on every occasion which exactly what I want to happen. But trying to recreate this same action/behaviour as a Node on my movie categories does not seem to be possible.....or at least I haven't discovered a way, much too my annoyance.  Sad
(2019-04-07, 17:09)Dumyat Wrote: Have set up a new node which points to the random movies playlist on the Estuary skin. When the node is selected from the home screen a playlist of random movies in my library is displayed. What I'd really like to achieve is when this node is selected, a random movie from this playlist will automatically start playing. Is it possible to do this?
If you hover over a node and hit "P" on your keyboard, the node will start to play. If you want a random movie node, just populating the node with all of your movies and setting the sort option to "random" should work. So when you hit "P" over that node, it ought to play a random movie for you.

If you want to avoid repeats, I recommend adding a rule along the lines of "Lastplay before 2019." Tis what I do.
(2019-05-05, 10:55)Kriven Wrote:
(2019-04-07, 17:09)Dumyat Wrote: Have set up a new node which points to the random movies playlist on the Estuary skin. When the node is selected from the home screen a playlist of random movies in my library is displayed. What I'd really like to achieve is when this node is selected, a random movie from this playlist will automatically start playing. Is it possible to do this?
If you hover over a node and hit "P" on your keyboard, the node will start to play. If you want a random movie node, just populating the node with all of your movies and setting the sort option to "random" should work. So when you hit "P" over that node, it ought to play a random movie for you.

If you want to avoid repeats, I recommend adding a rule along the lines of "Lastplay before 2019." Tis what I do.     
@Kriven
Thanks for the tip.
Unfortunately, I use a remote control to navigate around Kodi, so not really wanting to combine that with Keyboard press as well. However, I did try what you had recommended and pressed 'P' on my keyboard when the node on my home screen was highlighted, but nothing actually happened. To illustrate better what happens when I press OK or enter on this node from my home screen, the following window opens with a random movie showing:-

I can then obviously click OK on my remote or 'P' on the keyboard and it will play the movie, but what I'm trying to achieve is to bypass this screen altogether, ie the moment I press the node from the home screen, the random movie generated will automatically start playing, like it does when you create a playlist of 1 random item. 
I was hoping there might have been something I could manually add to the node code. Something like this maybe:-

php:
<onclick>playmedia</onclick>
php:
<onclick>autoplay</onclick>

Any further suggestions are more than welcome.
Cheers
(2019-04-12, 21:21)Dumyat Wrote: this same action/behaviour as a Node on my movie categories does not seem to be possible...
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2863168
@Dumyat
you could try smart play list
xml:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="movies">
    <name>Recent Unwatched Movies</name>
    <match>all</match>
    <limit>1</limit>
    <order direction="ascending">random</order>
</smartplaylist>

to do it as a node
xml:
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
<node type="filter">
 <label>row5</label>
 <content>movies</content>
 <limit>1</limit>
 <order direction="ascending">random</order>
</node>
@the_other_guy
Thanks. Yeah, that seems to also generate a random movie, but still results in a view window opening with the single movie. There does not seem to be a way to instruct a node to immeditely auto-play this random movie item the moment the node is selected.
Not sure if I am supposed to post in this thread or should create a new one?

I can't seem to get this add-on working.  I keep getting a "Library node Editior error"

I can create a node or parent node but when I try to open the node  get the error.  If I try to delete the node I get the same error.

The conext menu for the node also does not have an option to "add content".

Running Kodi 18.2 with default skin.  I thought this addon does work with default skin but I tried it out on AeonNoxSilvo also just in case.  Same result
(2019-06-24, 11:34)Dumyat Wrote: @the_other_guy
 but still results in a view window opening with the single movie. There does not seem to be a way to instruct a node to immeditely auto-play this random movie item the moment the node is selected.
not sure it works for me
i did have to write a custom widget
xml:
<include content="MainFeature" condition="!Skin.HasSetting(MainFeature) + !Skin.HasSetting(home-row1) ">
       <param name="content_path" value="special://skin/playlists/random_movieshome.xsp"/>
       <param name="widget_header" value="row1"/>
       <param name="widget_target" value="videos"/>
       <param name="list_id" value="48100"/>
       <visible>!Skin.HasSetting(home-row1)</visible>
       </include>
includehomes
xml:
<include name="MainFeature">
  <param name="sortby"></param>
  <param name="visible">true</param>
  <param name="sortorder">ascending</param>
  <param name="widget_limit">1</param>
  <definition>
   <include content="CategoryLabel">
   <param name="list_id" value="$PARAM[list_id]"/>
   </include>
   <include content="BusyListSpinner">
    <param name="list_id" value="$PARAM[list_id]"/>
    <param name="posy" value="900"/>
   </include>
   <control type="panel" id="$PARAM[list_id]">
    <left>600</left>
    <top>0</top>
    <right>0</right>
    <width>720</width>
    <height>500</height>
    <visible>$PARAM[visible]</visible>
    <visible>Integer.IsGreater(Container($PARAM[list_id]).NumItems,0) | Container($PARAM[list_id]).IsUpdating</visible>
    <itemlayout width="80%" height="480">
    <control type="group">
      <left>2</left>
      <top>15</top>
      <control type="image">
    <left>0</left>
    <top>0</top>
    <width>720</width>
    <height>480</height>
    <texture fallback="$PARAM[fallback_image]" background="true">$VAR[landscapeVar]</texture>
    <bordertexture border="21">overlays/shadow.png</bordertexture>
     <bordersize>20</bordersize>

</control>
     </control>
     </itemlayout>

<focusedlayout width="80%" height="480">
     <control type="group">
      <depth>DepthContentPopout</depth>
      <left>2</left>
      <top>15</top>
      <control type="image">
    <left>0</left>
    <top>0</top>
    <width>720</width>
    <height>480</height>
    <texture fallback="$PARAM[fallback_image]" background="true">$VAR[landscapeVar]</texture>
    <bordertexture border="21">overlays/shadow.png</bordertexture>
     <bordersize>20</bordersize>

</control>
     </control>

</focusedlayout>
    <content sortby="$PARAM[sortby]" sortorder="$PARAM[sortorder]" target="$PARAM[widget_target]" limit="$PARAM[widget_limit]">$PARAM[content_path]</content>
   </control>
  </definition>
 </include>
I will give this a try at some point this week. Hopefully it will do the trick and what I'm looking to achieve.....Cheers Smile
(2017-12-23, 12:53)momo03 Wrote: Like many others I had failed to use the "Concerts"-Section to add my Live-Concert-DVDs to Kodi for years and given up on this long ago. 

Yesterday I wanted to give it another try and after reading through several threads on this topic I stumbled across the Node-Editor and the suggestion to add Concerts as movies, scrape them with TMDB and use a node to divert them from the "real" movies. 

I moved the concerts to a dedicated "Concerts"-folder and created the correct folder-names for each concert, so that the TMDB-scraper can identify them. 

I succeeded in creating a Concerts-Node, add the correct rules to it and create a Main-Menu-Entry in Aeon-Nox for the node. 
After updating the video-library the concerts are being scraped correctly and show up in the newly created Concerts-Section. 

So far, so good.

But!!! 
How can I keep these Concerts out of the Movie-View? 
They show up in the Concerts-Section AND in the Movies-Section, and that's not the full purpose of it.
1,5 year have past since this message has been posted. I'm experiencing a similar issue.

I'm trying to separate Documentaries from the movie library. I created a rule: genre is not documentaries. However the documentaries still show up in my movie library. It seems that creating rules for the movie library are completly being ignored.

Is there a workaround yet to achieve this? I'm using the AeonMQ7 Leia mod skin.
Windows 11 Pro
Kodi 21 - Aeon MQ7/MQ9 Omega Mod
Kodi 20.5 - Aeon MQ9 Nexus Mod

Android - Beelink GT King
Kodi 21 - Aeon MQ7 Omega Mod
Kodi Maven Fork 21 - Aeon MQ9 Omega Mod

CoreELEC - Beelink GT King

@MB1968 

Here I split contents in distinct folders, one for movies, other for documentaries, now only need to create 2 smartplaylists based on folder path, work great.
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
(2019-07-16, 14:21)Wanilton Wrote: @MB1968 

Here I split contents in distinct folders, one for movies, other for documentaries, now only need to create 2 smartplaylists based on folder path, work great.
Hi that works fine for me too. But one would expect that opening Movies from the main menu, only shows the movies once the rule "contains not: documentaries" has been set. But it doesn't. The documentaries are still visible when I open Movies from the main menu.

Off course I have to create a playlist or video node for the Documentaries. But replacing the Movie menu on the home screen by a playlist or node that does not list the Documentaries sounds rather cumbersome to me.
Windows 11 Pro
Kodi 21 - Aeon MQ7/MQ9 Omega Mod
Kodi 20.5 - Aeon MQ9 Nexus Mod

Android - Beelink GT King
Kodi Maven Fork 21 - Aeon MQ9 Omega Mod

CoreELEC - Beelink GT King

Is there a way to add the parent node created for video category on the main menu? like under TV Shows|Movies|Music (I'm using Estuary Skin)
I enabled the Library Node Editor and the Sets submenu under movies worked perfectly.  I have 50+ sets and at first, they were all visible.

I subsequently modified some of the other submenu items and created new ones--but NEVER touched the configuration of the Sets submenu. ...and after rebooting only one set is visible (the other 50+ are missing).  The missing sets (and all member movies) are visible when viewing the general Movie menu.

Also, all of the submenus (year, genre, etc) only see a small fraction (perhaps < 1% of my library). These submenus used to work properly before installing the Library Node Editor.  It seems like all of the submenu filters are keying off of the same small subset of films.  The "Year" and "Genre" submenus used to display all of my films. Something is wrong and I don't know how to fix it.  I tried removing/re-adding the Library Node Editor, and rebooted many times, but to no avail.  Please help.

• Hardware: Vero 4K+ (automatic updates)
  • Skin: Confluence
  • Movie Source Locations: Movies are stored on multiple NAS on my LAN.  The "subset" of movies I'm seeing via the submenu filters does NOT correlate to a specific HDD on one of the NAS.  The films seem to be randomly pulled from all of the NAS.
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Library Node Editor3