Android Right click menu with Nexus Player remote?
(2015-08-23, 02:55)dZero Wrote: I used the technique described by juliosueiras – but a little more detail:

• Installed keymapeditor add on through official Kodi Repo.
• Open keymapeditor – no need to make any changes, but 'save' the changes anyway.
• This created a gen.xml file in the keymaps folder. I edited this file with the code described in this thread.

Then it works!

Kodi seemed to not like the file that I created. Not sure if it was because it wasn't pure plaintext as I created it on a mac with text edit. But it loved the gen.xml file that it created.

Hopefully that helps someone else out there. This was the last glitch for me to get it to be a better replacement for my ATV2.

Thank you so much for posting this. I also used a Mac and could not figure out why it would not work. Its working great now.
The keymap worked great for me with the Nexus remote Smile
(2015-04-19, 11:53)Arogantis Wrote: I use the following to maintain play/pause while watching while giving me context menu everywhere else.

Code:
<keymap>
    <global>
        <keyboard>
            <play_pause>ContextMenu</play_pause>
        </keyboard>
    </global>
    <fullscreenvideo>
        <keyboard>
            <play_pause>PlayPause</play_pause>
            <key id="61448">stop</key>
        </keyboard>
    </fullscreenvideo>
</keymap>

I tried this on my Nvidia Shield TV and it doesn't work. Anyone able to get it on the NSTV?

Also, is there a place where we can look up the XML tags for the NSTV game controller and remote?
(2015-08-23, 02:55)dZero Wrote:
(2015-08-18, 21:59)juliosueiras Wrote:
(2015-08-07, 06:18)spqr Wrote: OK, I tried following the instructions on the wiki and on this form but I still can't get it to work. It seems that I can't even change key from 'c' to 'play/pause'. Even copied the xml program and put it in the right directory but still won't work.

I am using official Kodi 15 from google play on the nexus player, Now that Kodi has become mainstream I was hoping that this issue can be resolved so I can recommend it to everyone who is not a techie (such as myself).

Is there an official add-on that simply fixes this for once and for all without have to write some code? I know to you programmers that this is a simple but to grannies there is no chance they will get this to work.
Is there some program I can install/enable preferable from the official repository?

Since Kodi is now officially available from google play I really want to recommend Kodi on the Nexus player vs the Roku for mainstream use but this seem to be the only quirk left.

thanks in advance to all replies.

I was able to make it work using the the XML provided above(with keymapeditor add-on) and try remove all newline character and space between tag(and make contextmenu all lowercase), try that

I used the technique described by juliosueiras – but a little more detail:

• Installed keymapeditor add on through official Kodi Repo.
• Open keymapeditor – no need to make any changes, but 'save' the changes anyway.
• This created a gen.xml file in the keymaps folder. I edited this file with the code described in this thread.

Then it works!

Kodi seemed to not like the file that I created. Not sure if it was because it wasn't pure plaintext as I created it on a mac with text edit. But it loved the gen.xml file that it created.

Hopefully that helps someone else out there. This was the last glitch for me to get it to be a better replacement for my ATV2.

I tried to edit the functions of buttons on my NSTV game controller but this addon didn't seem to work?
I use long click for right click. Something else you can do
is to use a $20 bluetooth keyboard from ebay.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/111415936175

Use "alt" plus "left arrow" keys for "go-back".

EsFileExplorer or AndroZip will backup all apps, but make
sure you empty the backup folder asap after moving the files
to flash drive or home network storage drive.

If anyone interested I tested a ton of apps for Nexus Player:
Note: 1=Factory 2=Playstore 3=Sideload
3AccuWeather, 2AlarmClockExtreme, 1AndroZip, 3AngryBirds, 1Badland, 2BibleGateway,
2Chrome, 2ChromeBeta, 2Crackle, 2Disney, 3docstogo, 3gdrive
3driveinclassics, 3ebay, 2esfileexplorer, 2evernote, 2filmon, 2filmonkids,
2flipboard, 3gmail, 3googlepdf, 3googvoice, 3hangouts, 3hangoutdialer,
3kiddovid, 2kodi, 3gmaps, 1minion, 3mint, 2Netflix, 3officemobile-ms,
3pacman, 3paypal, 2pbs, 2pbskids, 3popcornflix, 2printshare, 3quello,
3RemoteDesktopChrome, 2setorientation, 3showbox, 2sideloadlauncher,
2snagfilms, 3snagextreme, 2solitare, 3solitarclassic, 3spotify, 3tubitv,
2top50usnews, 3viewster, 3viki, 2VLC, 2mobitv=watchlivetv,
2watchclassicmoviesfree, 3yahoo, 2youtube,

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Right click menu with Nexus Player remote?2